• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
'So I'm a Spider, So What?' Anime Delays Episode 24 Due to Production Issues

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Cryten

PostPosted: Thu Jun 24, 2021 8:56 am Reply with quote
Based on the last 6-8 episodes I am not surprised by this. Badly mixed 3d action, an occasional moment of decent 2d animation but the rest being a bunch of stills and even avoiding animating mouth movements with faceguards and backwards shots. I hope this means we get a good finale episode as far as animation goes.

They clearly put a lot of effort into the tough 3d animations for Kumoko herself. But I can only imagine that exhausted their resources.
BlackPoint.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 24, 2021 9:11 am Reply with quote
1st cour was pretty decent but 2nd half just full of mistakes think this is one of thoose cases where it would be simply better if they did it split cour instead of forcing it and as someone mentioned having rly poor 3d models fights that felt like powerpoint slideshow at times. Its just rly sad that such a popular LN gets this type of treatment....
tfwnoymir

PostPosted: Thu Jun 24, 2021 9:44 am Reply with quote
BlackPoint. wrote:
1st cour was pretty decent but 2nd half just full of mistakes think this is one of thoose cases where it would be simply better if they did it split cour instead of forcing it and as someone mentioned having rly poor 3d models fights that felt like powerpoint slideshow at times. Its just rly sad that such a popular LN gets this type of treatment....

And people wonder why split cour is getting to be the norm nowadays. But this is a special case, we're talking about Shin Itakagi himself, who's gotten infamous for botched adaptations like this; not necessarily because he's incapable, but because he's too ambitious for his own good. It's a miracle the production has been holding out this long.
SP654

PostPosted: Thu Jun 24, 2021 9:45 am Reply with quote
Oh that’s just great out all the episodes they just had to delay the last episode of the season!
Key

PostPosted: Thu Jun 24, 2021 10:51 am Reply with quote
Episode 24 should have a fairly intense action component. I'll tolerate a bit of a delay if it means that the visuals come out better than the last few weeks.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
SilverTalon01

PostPosted: Thu Jun 24, 2021 12:03 pm Reply with quote
Crap. I was hoping that we were getting 26. I feel like there is no way the anime answers / confirms enough things with only a single episode left.
Dark Mac

PostPosted: Thu Jun 24, 2021 12:16 pm Reply with quote
Probably another 3 month delay like Wonder Egg?
Leviathonlx1

PostPosted: Thu Jun 24, 2021 12:30 pm Reply with quote
Cryten wrote:
Based on the last 6-8 episodes I am not surprised by this. Badly mixed 3d action, an occasional moment of decent 2d animation but the rest being a bunch of stills and even avoiding animating mouth movements with faceguards and backwards shots. I hope this means we get a good finale episode as far as animation goes.

They clearly put a lot of effort into the tough 3d animations for Kumoko herself. But I can only imagine that exhausted their resources.

The Kumoko parts are by a different studio so that's why they were better.
Penrhos

PostPosted: Thu Jun 24, 2021 1:11 pm Reply with quote
Not surprised the animation has been taking a nose-dive over the last few episodes - almost Arifureta bad...
MFrontier

PostPosted: Thu Jun 24, 2021 3:44 pm Reply with quote
Considering what I've heard about the animation in recent episodes, this does not surprise me.
me_barron

PostPosted: Thu Jun 24, 2021 4:13 pm Reply with quote
Based on the garbage 3D graphics last couple of episodes, good. Kinda just been skipping through the human sections, so was looking forward to the return of spider-girl. But worth it if the animation improves.
Cryten

PostPosted: Thu Jun 24, 2021 6:24 pm Reply with quote
Leviathonlx1 wrote:
Cryten wrote:

The Kumoko parts are by a different studio so that's why they were better.

Its quite normal for anime productions to have 3-4 studios working on sections of an anime these days and with hundreds more in contracting for helper work or particular scenes. If you just want to compare the 3d vs 2d team then they have been incorporating 3d into a bunch of the 2d action scenes, which is what I was referring too. IE all their resources where going into managing kumoko but now they are over stretched. I imagine.

They generally have to help each other out as well so it becomes quite hard to seperate different studios work.
trilaan

PostPosted: Thu Jun 24, 2021 10:26 pm Reply with quote
Bad news, the episode is delayed. Good news(and totally wishful thinking on my part), they finally realized the CGI is vomitously awful and the episode will be all 2D animation.
Madster

PostPosted: Thu Jun 24, 2021 10:46 pm Reply with quote
And another Crunchyroll Original has a problem. While Crunchyroll most likely didn't have a say in this, it's another mark against the originals branding. Shame too, I heard Spider was one of the better ones.
thedarkemissary

PostPosted: Thu Jun 24, 2021 11:43 pm Reply with quote
Thank God.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2