• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
EP. REVIEW: Full Dive

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
a_Bear_in_Bearcave

PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2021 11:01 am Reply with quote
This episode should be much earlier, so stale jokes of the Hiro-Reona pair could be replaced by the group dynamic, also Reona's motivation is one of the few good jokes in the show, along with Martin Time.
Hiroki not Takuya

PostPosted: Fri Jun 18, 2021 12:54 am Reply with quote
Ep11-Well, another show got me and Full Dive officially jumped the rails! It might do a Full Dive off the proverbial cliff. After being a comedic commentary on gamers, now it tries to be a serious mystery drama (or whatever this is)?? I don't think I've seen a show forget what it was about so quickly and completely...

Ep12- Full Dive takes things up/down a level by practically evaporating what comedy it might still have, daring to posit that it can actually train and motivate someone for real life but also has the (??) to truncate the story to make way for a sequel hook. If anyone out there still likes this, please speak up now... Confused
Penrhos

PostPosted: Thu Jun 24, 2021 12:48 pm Reply with quote
I think the studio were trolling us by making an Anime that was crappier than the synopsis,

Even if this gets a season 2 I think you'd have to pay me to watch it.
Cryten

PostPosted: Thu Jun 24, 2021 6:35 pm Reply with quote
I love that central irony. That the fans of the show get their best moments in defiance of the shows central gimmick. The very thing it was selling the series on. Still I guess it was nice that the MC finally decided to try and self improve which I think is the one element that remained the same.
thedarkemissary

PostPosted: Sat Jun 26, 2021 11:56 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
the moral of this story seems to be less about succeeding or not, and simply about finding the resolve to persevere through exhausting adversity.

You, the audience, were the protagonist all along!!

"How Sh!tty Can This Anime Be?! I Don't Need This Level of Meta-ism!"
Hiroki not Takuya

PostPosted: Sat Jul 03, 2021 12:37 am Reply with quote
An afterward- The English VA doing Kamui is doing a stellar job for what looks like his first gig, between him and JYB I am looking forward to the coming dubs because Ep4 is hilarious...
Penrhos

PostPosted: Sat Jul 03, 2021 9:39 am Reply with quote
Hiroki not Takuya wrote:
An afterward- The English VA doing Kamui is doing a stellar job for what looks like his first gig, between him and JYB I am looking forward to the coming dubs because Ep4 is hilarious...

Having sat through it in Japanese with Subs - I have no intention of subjecting myself to it again in English no matter how good the VA's are....
Hiroki not Takuya

PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2021 11:40 pm Reply with quote
Sorry to hear that, but Ep5 is still hilarious as the English VAs keep delivering the quality (listen after Misarisa shows up for a JYB gem)...
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4