• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Zombie Land Saga (TV) (all seasons).

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Thu Jun 24, 2021 8:04 pm Reply with quote
Season 2, Episode 12 (Finale)

Erm... what?

I had been thinking it was kind of weird using a massive natural disaster as the backdrop for the big "revenge" concert, but whatever. The very last bit blew all that weirdness right out of the water.

Oh well. I'm giving this a Very Good rating on account of finding the humour Very Good most of the time. I loved the legendary Tae-chan's callback scene with the audience. So very, very Tae.

This BETTER not be the last ZLS season ever...
Nate148

PostPosted: Thu Jun 24, 2021 10:24 pm Reply with quote
yep that happened Monty pathoned
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Fri Jun 25, 2021 2:45 am Reply with quote
The last 20 seconds, and there are suddenly aliens that blew up Saga. Considering whether they want this an end, there was also the unexplained bit about blood from Koutarou, so I think they don't consider this entirely the end point. Maybe it will actually just be a movie or something.

Anyway, ignoring that last bit, it was an exciting last episode, at least with a lot of singing and dancing. I would even say that the CGI actually looked pretty decent, as in you would probably find a big difference compared to the very first episodes. It was cool, having the girls travel there, thinking no one might have come, before their friends do, and then showing that there managed to be a big push as a fundraising even, which I guess makes sense after a disaster. I don't know if we are meant to read into the choreography too much, but Tae was doing very well in staying in synch with the others, while usually she struggles a bit more, but I assume we are supposed to due to the detail they usually put in.

I won't say every episode of this season was a winner, such as honestly I wasn't super into Yugiri episodes, despite the extra lore. But it was an interesting part that concluded a picture I saw from the first episode of the series, where all the girls except Sakura are still mindless, but all of their movements hint at the last moments of their deaths. Saki is holding her arms out like a motorbike, Ai looks like she is moving to the centre, Junko is moving like she is terrified outside of a plane window, Lily is banging on the door like her father was there, and Yugiri had her head leaning forward as if being readied to be beheaded. But it also had some great episodes too, like the Maimai and episodes.

Anyway, my rating for season 2 is going to be Very good (8/10), granted that is lower than what I gave the first season, even though I might say that the second season was generally better in quality most of the time. If parts of the first season did not click that well, second season might not have done much more. Perhaps maybe some big game changing surprise could have done something. But still a very good second season. I would love to see more, like perhaps a movie or something.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Page 5 of 5