• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Pokémon TV Anime Brings Back Dawn, Her Piplup After 9 Years for Summer Special Episodes

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rob19ny

PostPosted: Fri Jul 02, 2021 9:15 am Reply with quote
What a surprise. Did not expect to see Hikari, but here she is. I look forward to these episodes.
cyberdraco

PostPosted: Fri Jul 02, 2021 9:20 am Reply with quote
Yes, can't till these episode come over here. Now if they could bring back Serena for any episode or two.
Yune Amagiri

PostPosted: Fri Jul 02, 2021 9:29 am Reply with quote
There has been hints about Dawn/Hikari and some minor characters 's cameo since May, nothing about Serena so far but i wouldn't be surprised.
TsukasaElkKite

PostPosted: Fri Jul 02, 2021 9:34 am Reply with quote
Yessss this pleases me.
FireballDragon

PostPosted: Fri Jul 02, 2021 11:25 am Reply with quote
NGL, I missed her. I think I might be waiting for her to say "No need to worry" like Bart's class was waiting for him to say "I didn't do it."
JoelBurger

PostPosted: Fri Jul 02, 2021 12:58 pm Reply with quote
Dawn returning is great, but just as excited for Cresselia actually getting some spotlight. It's about 15 years too late, it made no sense for it to not appear alongside Darkrai in some form back then.
Silver Kirin

PostPosted: Fri Jul 02, 2021 7:41 pm Reply with quote
Nice seeing Dawn again, her appearance is probably due to the Diamond & Pearl remakes coming soon. I hope that for the LatAm dub her voice actress can reurn to voice her, she moved to France years ago but recently she has done voice work in Record of Ragnarok and Azur Lane remotely from there.
Melicans

PostPosted: Sat Jul 03, 2021 8:58 pm Reply with quote
JoelBurger wrote:
Dawn returning is great, but just as excited for Cresselia actually getting some spotlight. It's about 15 years too late, it made no sense for it to not appear alongside Darkrai in some form back then.

It did. The raw title was even Cresselia vs Darkrai. Not that it was really worth remembering, apart from Dawn's Swinub evolving. They appeared together for all of 20 seconds at the end, banging into each other like a toddler with a toy in each hand. Probably the biggest disappointment of an episode in the otherwise fantastic Sinnoh series.[/url]
precita

PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2021 7:26 pm Reply with quote
I'm not sure why people are asking about Serena, she might appear later on but with DP remakes coming this year it was obvious Dawn was going to appear.

Serena is also a tricky character to appear since she can't really show up for a few eps like other female companions due to the kiss in the goodbye in XY. Makes me think she won't show up till maybe the tail-end of this series since she would inevitably have to leave again. We'll also likely see Bonnie/Clemont first since they're easy to visit in Lumiose City.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1