• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
GONZO Announces 'SAMURAI cryptos' NFT/Blockchain Project

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MagicPolly

PostPosted: Fri Jul 09, 2021 12:49 am Reply with quote
I guess Gonzo really is doing that bad these days that they have to resort to this. It's sad, but doesn't make it any less disgusting.

Edit: wait I think I'm just too tired and can't understand the article, are they implementing NFTs or is this an anime ABOUT NFTs?
WANNFH

PostPosted: Fri Jul 09, 2021 2:41 am Reply with quote
MagicPolly wrote:
Edit: wait I think I'm just too tired and can't understand the article, are they implementing NFTs or is this an anime ABOUT NFTs?
Basically they make a multimedia franchise featuring the art from designers, which they gonna sell on the NFT market service - something like Square does with Million Arthur.
Tenebrae

PostPosted: Fri Jul 09, 2021 2:41 am Reply with quote
Lololololo, with an announcement full of FOTM buzzwords you can tell they're grasping at straws.

Are they even in the animation business these days? (Difficult to tell by the encyclopedia as it is hardcoded A-Z alphabetical one column list with zero controls. The design is so 90s - time to get on with the third millennium in web design there, ANN?)
Cardcaptor Takato

PostPosted: Fri Jul 09, 2021 3:21 am Reply with quote
Tenebrae wrote:

Are they even in the animation business these days? (Difficult to tell by the encyclopedia as it is hardcoded A-Z alphabetical one column list with zero controls. The design is so 90s - time to get on with the third millennium in web design there, ANN?)
The last thing they did was Phantasy Star 2 Online in 2020 and before that terrible Try Knights show in 2019 according to Wikipedia. I think the last thing they did people really liked was Space Battleship Tiramisu back in 2018.
Wyvern

PostPosted: Fri Jul 09, 2021 5:02 am Reply with quote
It's really pathetic seeing companies try and jump on the NFT fad, especially months after it already peaked. Gonzo used to be this cutting edge studio, but they haven't been relevant in years, and them thinking that crypto nonsense of all things is going to save them is almost kind of pitiful.
MagicPolly

PostPosted: Fri Jul 09, 2021 6:26 am Reply with quote
WANNFH wrote:
MagicPolly wrote:
Basically they make a multimedia franchise featuring the art from designers, which they gonna sell on the NFT market service - something like Square does with Million Arthur.

Ah I see, well that's unfortunate. I had hope that this wouldn't be all bad. I didn't hear anything about Million Arthur, that's depressing as well.

Cardcaptor Takato wrote:
Tenebrae wrote:

The last thing they did was Phantasy Star 2 Online in 2020 and before that terrible Try Knights show in 2019 according to Wikipedia. I think the last thing they did people really liked was Space Battleship Tiramisu back in 2018.

They also did the 3 most recent Hori-san to Miyamura-kun ovas, the last two of which came out this May but other than that yeah, they've been mostly dead.
MisaoFan
Exempt from Grammar Rules

PostPosted: Fri Jul 09, 2021 7:00 am Reply with quote
Tenebrae wrote:
Lololololo, with an announcement full of FOTM buzzwords you can tell they're grasping at straws.

Part of the Gonzo's animation business is transfered to Studio KAI which also did Uma Musume Pretty Derby 2 and Super Cub, both of which received fairly positive reception.
FilthyCasual

PostPosted: Fri Jul 09, 2021 9:18 am Reply with quote
What is this dank meme?
kakugo complete

PostPosted: Fri Jul 09, 2021 6:20 pm Reply with quote
when gonzo makes nfts
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1