• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
EP. REVIEW: One Piece

Goto page Previous    Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MasterKingJC

PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2021 3:03 pm Reply with quote
Playing "Memories" at the moment really pulled at my heartstrings. God, it fits so well.

This is the biggest hint at the true nature of the treasure ever and it's done in a way that encapsulates everything I adore about the series. Nothing defines One Piece more than a tale of laughter.
jr240483

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2021 2:51 am Reply with quote
MasterKingJC wrote:
Playing "Memories" at the moment really pulled at my heartstrings. God, it fits so well.

This is the biggest hint at the true nature of the treasure ever and it's done in a way that encapsulates everything I adore about the series. Nothing defines One Piece more than a tale of laughter.

and thats the 64 dollar question! for roger to go out laughing like that could be for multiple reasons! from the one piece being either fake, or it was located somewhere else, it will be up to luffy's generation to find out!

there is the thing about him wanting to live in joyboy's era! that haven't been solved in detail either!

its like that phrase in the DESTINY viideo game! "ALL ENDS ARE BEGININGS! OUR JOURNEY IS FAR FROM OVER!"
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
me_barron

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2021 6:49 am Reply with quote
jr240483 wrote:
MasterKingJC wrote:

and thats the 64 dollar question! for roger to go out laughing like that could be for multiple reasons! from the one piece being either fake, or it was located somewhere else, it will be up to luffy's generation to find out!

its like that phrase in the DESTINY viideo game! "ALL ENDS ARE BEGININGS! OUR JOURNEY IS FAR FROM OVER!"

The One Piece is clearly the friends they made along the way lol

Anyway, I just hope they explain The Will/Family of D at some point.
Top Gun

PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2021 11:26 pm Reply with quote
I think a few of the things mentioned in this week's review didn't actually appear in the anime yet. Namely, spoiler[In addition, Orochi reveals that his family suffered greatly under the Kozuki clan. Orochi says that he will spare the people of Wano from his wrath if Oden plays the fool and embarrasses himself daily. Oden begrudgingly agrees.]. The anime hasn't yet revealed why Oden's acting like a total nitwit.
perroloco

PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2021 8:17 pm Reply with quote
OP 978 gave us the best animated scene in all of One Piece.
I'd love for the anime to get a remake with this quality.
OH&S

PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2021 11:44 pm Reply with quote
Its just insane how the One Piece anime has become mandatory viewing. Whole Cake Island slowly trickled in some great episodes (and musical numbers) but Wano is on a whole other level above it.

The best episodes are now on par with the best seasonal productions. And yet its still a weekly production. Unbelievable!

While the gigantic boost in sales from the 2009-2013 media mix is finally over, I can't help but feel that the series is the "healthiest" its ever been.
yaboydanzo

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2021 2:02 pm Reply with quote
One Piece weird af bro….. but I like weird.
TdFern 87

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2021 6:45 pm Reply with quote
I really don't see how, whoever the critic is reviewing this episode, likes Smoothie she is such a boring character. I mean that's probably because she hasn't even had a fight with anyone yet or have much character depth.
Although Flampe isn't much better, although I don't really hate her but I can see why she is such a nuisance and everyone else dislikes her.
Rob19ny

PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2021 1:59 pm Reply with quote
One Piece has now reached the pivotal episode 990, meaning that the countdown to 1000 has begun.

Episode 990 adapted chapter 983. In order for them to adapt chapter 1000 on the 1000th episode, they will have to fully adapt multiple chapters in a episode in these next several episodes. After episode 1000, they can go back to half a chapter or 1 chapter per episode because the manga is at chapter 1025 now and will be at 1035 (if no breaks) so there will be a 35 chapter gap. But knowing the anime staff, they won't feel compelled to reach this goal.
Mavado

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2021 2:51 pm Reply with quote
Looks like the animators for ep 992 forgot that Kiku is supposed to be 95 cm taller than Izou.
me_barron

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2021 11:32 am Reply with quote
HOLY SHIT! The animation change when the Akazaya Nine are heading toward Kaido was so [expletive] awesome! It was like a completely different show. I haven't been the biggest fan of this arc, but that one scene makes up for a lot of the drawn out BS.
Rob19ny

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2021 9:01 pm Reply with quote
Rob19ny wrote:
One Piece has now reached the pivotal episode 990, meaning that the countdown to 1000 has begun.

Episode 990 adapted chapter 983.

Update on the bold: As of ep 995, they have adapted chapter 986. Its over. The one time a anime is aligned with its manga and the anime staff couldn't even entertain the idea. That's Slow Piece for you.
jr240483

PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2021 12:18 pm Reply with quote
who here predicts yamato will end up joining the straw hats once the arc finishes!?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Mamo-chan

PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2021 11:28 pm Reply with quote
Do I dare watch 1000 eps? Will my head explode?
Thatguy3331

PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2021 6:12 pm Reply with quote
Mamo-chan wrote:
Do I dare watch 1000 eps? Will my head explode?

Well you could always just pace yourself at whatever works best with you with a guide in hand to avoid filler, or read the manga which would take one alot less time even with the amount of content, etc etc.

Much as the anime's pacing is still it's worst feature and will more than likely be sticking around to the shows grave, watching the 1000th episode really was a great way to see how far the production has gone from day one and even reaching this many episodes at all is quite the feat in an of itself. Seeing as how we couldn't just stop the arc to house some random "special event" type episode Ala Lupin's recent farewell to Jigen's OG seiyuu, it was a pretty smart idea to have this specific beat be the episodes focus as all the stawhats are properly gathered and Luffy declares them all as a proper force in this conflict after the comically foolish attempt at including them in a sneak attack.

Also that reanimated we are op got to mqe man. Feels good.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 41 of 48