• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Custom Anime List broken?

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Encyclopedia
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Iritscen

PostPosted: Fri Jul 02, 2021 10:21 am Reply with quote
I was trying to use the listing engine at animenewsnetwork.com/encyclopedia/anime-list.php, but everything I tried returns the "unexpected error" page. I had nothing selected or filled in in the upper-left quadrant of settings. In the upper-right quadrant, I have tried selecting all options (TV, movie, etc.) and also tried not selecting anything. The lower-left setting is set to "show all". The lower-right setting is "sort by title". Am I doing something wrong or is this page defunct now?

P.S.: My goal was to get a list of all titles in the Encyc without alternate titles (in other, only the English titles) in order to remove redundant listings. It seems that the modern way to do that is with the report API at animenewsnetwork.com/encyclopedia/reports.php?id=155, and I was able to get the data I need with that, but I still wanted to note that the above page doesn't seem to work.
Dan42
Chief Encyclopedist

PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2021 9:28 pm Reply with quote
I'm not able to reproduce the problem.

Does anyone else experience this?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
Iritscen

PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2021 9:32 pm Reply with quote
I tried it again with the same settings and got the error page again. I fiddled with it some more, and realized that I have to supply a value in the "Limit to __ results" field. Leaving it blank was causing the problem.
Dan42
Chief Encyclopedist

PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2021 10:36 pm Reply with quote
Ok, I managed to hit the bug. It depends on the server and current load/access patterns so it's not easy but I'll try to find a fix.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
Dan42
Chief Encyclopedist

PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2021 1:49 pm Reply with quote
Should be fixed now.
Iritscen

PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2021 2:05 pm Reply with quote
Wow, it really does return everything at once when you don't use the Limit field! Very Happy Thanks.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Encyclopedia All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1