• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Resident Evil Re:Verse Game Delayed to 2022

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Greed1914

PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2021 2:48 pm Reply with quote
Clearly they realized it wasn't good. I think Capcom might have just canceled it outright, but copies of RE8 have a sticker on them saying it includes REverse, so they've kind of locked themselves into a situation where if they canned it, it would look like false marketing for a feature they didn't deliver.

For some reason, Capcom keeps trying to make online Resident Evil a thing, and sometimes there are decent ideas in what they do, but I don't think anyone was asking for a PvP death match.
Strike105

PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2021 4:37 pm Reply with quote
When will Capcom learn that all we want are games continuing the style of, if not just remasters of Outbreak?

Something that actually contains all the survivor horror elements like puzzle solving and inventory management of the earlier mainline games, but with actually challenging but avoidable combat that isn't a straight mercenaries-style slaughterfest.
BadNewsBlues

PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2021 5:06 pm Reply with quote
Greed1914 wrote:
Clearly they realized it wasn't good. I think Capcom might have just canceled it outright, but copies of RE8 have a sticker on them saying it includes REverse, so they've kind of locked themselves into a situation where if they canned it, it would look like false marketing for a feature they didn't deliver.

If they wanted to cancel it outright they could there’d be nothing stopping them from doing so.

Greed1914 wrote:

For some reason, Capcom keeps trying to make online Resident Evil a thing, and sometimes there are decent ideas in what they do, but I don't think anyone was asking for a PvP death match.

There doesn’t need to be a demand for something from a consumer base in order for it to be made.
Kicksville

PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2021 5:15 pm Reply with quote
I didn't play the beta so I don't know how this is, but admittedly a death match seems kinda ??? to me. If it's good then whatever, though. Unfortunate this is taking so long for a pack-in, but I assume COVID didn't help.

I really enjoyed Resident Evil Resistance and wish they did more with that, although I don't know how well that did relatively speaking (sadly it probably hinges on the stupid quicker unlock microtransactions...)
JoelBurger

PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2021 6:10 pm Reply with quote
BadNewsBlues wrote:
There doesn’t need to be a demand for something from a consumer base in order for it to be made.

Sure, there doesn't need to be people who will actually buy your product in order to make said product. It's just incredibly stupid to do so, knowing you're not going to get any money.
Gem-Bug

PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2021 8:14 pm Reply with quote
This is super unfortunate news for the half-dozen people who were excited for this. Confused
BadNewsBlues

PostPosted: Sun Jul 18, 2021 8:04 am Reply with quote
JoelBurger wrote:
Sure, there doesn't need to be people who will actually buy your product in order to make said product. It's just incredibly stupid to do so, knowing you're not going to get any money.

Making a product going soley on consumers wanting it isn't guaranteed to make you money either. Reason why Capcom won't make another Darkstalkers or MegaMan Legends 3.

And it's not because they're a terrible company that doesn't care about it's fans and hates money. And yes I know competitive multiplayer Resident Evil games don't have a glowing track record and there's a good chance this game may be just as bad or worse than Umbrella Corps.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1