• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
GONZO's 'SAMURAI cryptos' NFT/Blockchain Project Reveals Fall Launch, Symbol, double jump.tokyo's Su

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MagicPolly

PostPosted: Fri Jul 16, 2021 4:11 pm Reply with quote
Sigh, I didn't think I'd ever say this but I wish Gonzo would just shut down. If they have to resort to blockchain in order to stay alive then there's no point. Just transfer everything remaining to Studio Kai.

Of course it may be more complicated than just that but ugh, why NFTs?
#Synaesthesia

PostPosted: Fri Jul 16, 2021 4:12 pm Reply with quote
NFTs are a scam and are the death of art
Replica_Rabbit

PostPosted: Fri Jul 16, 2021 4:13 pm Reply with quote
#Synaesthesia wrote:
NFTs are a scam and are the death of art

And the planet
Greed1914

PostPosted: Fri Jul 16, 2021 4:30 pm Reply with quote
If nothing else, this reeks of desperation.
Top Gun

PostPosted: Fri Jul 16, 2021 4:41 pm Reply with quote
As if the Monopoly money that is crypto wasn't bad enough for the environment and everyone's collective sanity, now we have people spending money on literally nothing!
Sakura Shinguji

PostPosted: Fri Jul 16, 2021 4:51 pm Reply with quote
Everything about this just sounds awful.
Wyvern

PostPosted: Fri Jul 16, 2021 5:08 pm Reply with quote
This desperate attempt by Gonzo at staying relevant by latching on to a dying fad is just pitiful. At this point, Gonzo just shutting down would be more dignified.
johnnysasaki

PostPosted: Fri Jul 16, 2021 6:18 pm Reply with quote
I still don't understand what exactly is NFTs,all i know is that everyone hates it and I'm not missing much.
JoelBurger

PostPosted: Fri Jul 16, 2021 7:25 pm Reply with quote
johnnysasaki wrote:
I still don't understand what exactly is NFTs,all i know is that everyone hates it and I'm not missing much.

Imagine forking over a lot of cash to "own" the Mona Lisa. Except instead of actually owning the Mona Lisa, you're just handed a photograph of the Mona Lisa. Except instead of just a regular photo, it's a jpeg that uses enough energy to burn down significant chunks of a rainforest.
Sakura Shinguji

PostPosted: Fri Jul 16, 2021 7:44 pm Reply with quote
JoelBurger wrote:
Imagine forking over a lot of cash to "own" the Mona Lisa. Except instead of actually owning the Mona Lisa, you're just handed a photograph of the Mona Lisa. Except instead of just a regular photo, it's a jpeg that uses enough energy to burn down significant chunks of a rainforest.

And you didn't even go deep enough into the explanation of this insanity. You don't even technically get the jpeg, you get a bit of code and sometimes a url that may or may not always lead to the jpeg. To even actually view and "keep" the thing you just forked over your cash for, you still have to right click and save a copy, just like the rest of us are doing for free.
Meowtain Duwu

PostPosted: Fri Jul 16, 2021 7:59 pm Reply with quote
Can you hear that everyone? That’s the sound of circus music loudly blaring in the distance.

Imagine being so irrelevant nowadays (besides being infamously known for bungling up recent anime adaptations of series like 7 Seeds) that you somehow get the ridiculous idea to start your own NFT project. Thank goodness Gorillaz decided to not go through with their NFT idea earlier this year.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1