• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Digimon Franchise Gets New Fall TV Anime, New Digimon Adventure 02 Anime Film

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
cyberdraco

PostPosted: Sun Aug 01, 2021 7:26 am Reply with quote
Looking at the Ghost Game one, looks like Marcus is no longer the only Digimon anime protagonist to not be a gogglehead.
Sleipmon4

PostPosted: Sun Aug 01, 2021 7:35 am Reply with quote
Amazing news! I'm eager for something new and fresh after the mess that was the Adventure reboot
FireChick
Subscriber

PostPosted: Sun Aug 01, 2021 8:52 am Reply with quote
Personally, I'm more excited about the brand new TV series than the 02 movie...which happens to ignore a pretty important piece of lore that was in the 1999 series. First of all, Davis is NOT the first human to befriend a Digimon. In the Adventure-verse, it was established that there were 5 other humans who befriended Digimon before the main eight. Did the creators of the movie just conveniently forget that information???
Egan Loo

PostPosted: Sun Aug 01, 2021 8:58 am Reply with quote
FireChick wrote:
Personally, I'm more excited about the brand new TV series than the 02 movie...which happens to ignore a pretty important piece of lore that was in the 1999 series. First of all, Davis is NOT the first human to befriend a Digimon. In the Adventure-verse, it was established that there were 5 other humans who befriended Digimon before the main eight. Did the creators of the movie just conveniently forget that information???

The staff didn't say that Daisuke/Davis is the voice heard in the teaser ....
tintor2

PostPosted: Sun Aug 01, 2021 9:06 am Reply with quote
Taguchi?! The director of Akudama Drive?
Ashen Phoenix

PostPosted: Sun Aug 01, 2021 9:14 am Reply with quote
I'll keep my fingers crossed for this one but I'm sad the designs look rather plain and the MC is lacking in goggles.
Thespacemaster

PostPosted: Sun Aug 01, 2021 9:58 am Reply with quote
I can't believe they actually did it.

When Last Evolution aired it really frustrated me that the 02 cast were still left aside and did nothing. Not to mention that it seemed like it contradicted the ending of 02, despite clear evidence from the director that is still canon i mean heck if u look at it they still acknowledged a lot of the event that occured in 02 like the international digidestined cameos, the d3 digivices etc. So i am really hoping they will give out a decent story that will lead to the ending of 02. Cause frankly i am getting tired of the lack of acknowledgement of it over the years.

What i really want is for them to finally settle the left over plot thread that involved the dark ocean and Daemon. I mean They even teased in the Tri films about them but still did jack s*** about them.
Cardcaptor Takato

PostPosted: Sun Aug 01, 2021 10:05 am Reply with quote
I’m really excited for Digimon Ghost Game. Some of the best Digimon shows have been original series not connected to Adventure. After how average Adventure: has been, I’m glad we’re not getting a Tamers sequel which Konaka has already tweeted is definitely not happening before anyone asks. The new Digimon and human characters for Ghost Game look interesting and the art style reminds me a lot of the C’mon Digimon manga. The 02 movie looks potentially interesting as I was always disappointed with how Tri and even Kizuna shafted the 02 kids and I’m fine with them doing a movie instead of a whole reboot series. This is an exciting time to be a Digimon fan and I’m glad the franchise is still so active and successful.
ZeetherKID77

PostPosted: Sun Aug 01, 2021 10:26 am Reply with quote
Are we ever going to get a dub of Adventure: or not? Feels like it would be stupid not to have one, but it seems like Digimon TV series haven't been getting dubs as of recent what with Appmon getting passed on. Hope that can change.
Mew Berry

PostPosted: Sun Aug 01, 2021 11:36 am Reply with quote
Ghost Game looks really interesting. As a sea creature enthusiast I automatically love Jellymon. An 02 movie could be fun too, but really it just makes me wonder if we’ll ever get any kind of Tamers revival.
Everlasting Coconut

PostPosted: Sun Aug 01, 2021 11:43 am Reply with quote
FireChick wrote:

But the trailer isn't saying that. It says that Davis meets a kid who claims to be the first one to befriend a Digimon. We'll just have to wait for another trailer to see what that is all about.

Egan Loo wrote:
The staff didn't say that Daisuke/Davis is the voice heard in the teaser

"V-Mon and I were preparing ramen" is a pretty good indicator that the narrator is Davis Razz

Last edited by Everlasting Coconut on Sun Aug 01, 2021 12:12 pm; edited 1 time in total
Nonaka Machine Gun B

PostPosted: Sun Aug 01, 2021 11:47 am Reply with quote
I felt it was pretty clear Daisuke was narrating, and the brief spot where there's no dialog, is the kid he was talking to. Whichever character is claiming "to be the first to partner with a Digimon" has not been cast yet/they are not revealing yet. But the narration is definitely Fukujuro Katayama in character as Daisuke.

I'm pretty sure(but not 100%) that the child in the illustration is the "first partner" in question, despite kind of looking like Daisuke. After all, the Digimon appearing/hatching before the kid does not look much like V-mon.
Fakerman

PostPosted: Sun Aug 01, 2021 11:52 am Reply with quote
Pretty excited for Digimon GG.
As for the 02 movie... welll... another nostalgia-pandering product filled with plotholes. Rolling Eyes
Thatguy3331

PostPosted: Sun Aug 01, 2021 12:38 pm Reply with quote
The designs of the kids aren't too interesting at all but hey, I'll absolutely try out a new digimon season that has nothing to do with Adventure at all. As for the 02 movie I'm actually pretty cautiously optimistic about it. A lot of 02s problems came from there being too many cooks in the kitchen resulting in kind of a mess but a single focused movie could be pretty solid. It's also kind of neat how we'll be using the 02 cast to tackle the topic of the "first" digi destined. 01 showed what was probably the natural end for all human and partner digimon and 02 will be tapping into the "beginning" to change that. Neat! I may not be super jazzed on the 02 ending but I can at least respect trying to commit to it.

As far as getting no new Tamers anything, it's a mixed feeling. Sure I'd love to see a good revisit to the series... if it were *good*, and that's a 50/50 shot that maybe is best we don't take.
Dr.Brooks

PostPosted: Sun Aug 01, 2021 3:12 pm Reply with quote
So there isn't going to be a sequal to the reboot I like the reboot and I love the orginal especially my favorite human character ever Kari she's my favorite I really want to see her in a sequal to the digimon adventure reboot and I hope it will get a sequal.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2