• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Detective Conan Police Academy Spinoff Manga Gets TV Anime

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
xxmsxx

PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2021 2:07 pm Reply with quote
Not surprised but still very excited.

I wonder what format it will take on? More like MK2010 or MK 2014? Rotational broadcast? When will it air? Who will replace Fujiwara Keiji to voice Date Wataru?
thekingsdinner

PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2021 3:12 pm Reply with quote
Oh this is really cool. More screentime for the side characters in Detective Conan I can always appreciate.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Mimas

PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2021 3:29 pm Reply with quote
Zero's Tea Time is still being serialized as you can see from the Shonen Sunday page.
https://websunday.net/work/721/
It is under 連載作品
There was a new chapter just a few weeks ago.
MushroomMan674

PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2021 5:11 pm Reply with quote
I wonder how this is gonna work? The manga is not long at all (in fact, it's 13 chapters), so...adapt a chapter an episode? 13 episodes?

Also, I wouldn't be surprised if Zero's Tea Time is animated if this does well.
jmaeshawn

PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2021 8:04 pm Reply with quote
Mimas wrote:
Zero's Tea Time is still being serialized as you can see from the Shonen Sunday page.
It is under 連載作品

I told ANN in a comment on their article from 2019 that the "Zero's Tea Time" Amuro spinoff was not canceled and was still continuing, but apparently the staff didn't care (or don't bother actually reading the comments.)

No idea how they can still be spreading that misinformation 2 years later when many more chapters have come out since then, as well as a volume or two.
Blanchimont

PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2021 9:23 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
Arai ended the manga in the same issue of the launch of Keisatsu Gakkō Hen Wild Police Story in October 2019

Pretty sure this is wrong. Simply for the fact that chapter 53 of Zero's Tea Time was published in Shonen Sunday #31 which came out at the end of June. This year.

Or are we talking about a parallel universe? Confused
Crystalyn
ANN Managing Editor

PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2021 9:51 pm Reply with quote
Mimas wrote:
It is under 連載作品

Blanchimont wrote:
[Pretty sure this is wrong. Simply for the fact that chapter 53 of Zero's Tea Time was published in Shonen Sunday #31 which came out at the end of June. This year.

Thanks for pointing this out! We corrected the article.

jmaeshawn wrote:
I told ANN in a comment on their article from 2019 that the "Zero's Tea Time" Amuro spinoff was not canceled and was still continuing, but apparently the staff didn't care (or don't bother actually reading the comments.)

No idea how they can still be spreading that misinformation 2 years later when many more chapters have come out since then, as well as a volume or two.

It's obviously not that we "didn't care" or "didn't bother to read the comments." If you go to our contacts page (animenewsnetwork.com/contact), it says very clearly:

Quote:
News and press release corrections should also be sent to newsroom.

Do not submit news in the forum

ANN's news staff does not (and couldn't possibly) read every single post in the forum. Send it to us by e-mail at the address above, we read that before doing the news every day.

We are an incredibly small team, and yes we make mistakes sometimes, and yes we do not check every single comment on every single news article we post. We just don't have time for that. If you think we've made an error, please, please email us at newsroom[at]animenewsnetwork[dot]com. We check every single email and take every correction request seriously.

Anyways, I went back to the copy of Weekly Shonen Sunday our newsroom staff have from 2019 to see what it said, and yes there was wording akin to "check out the last in the next issue" in that magazine issue for the manga, but considering the manga did not end, we must have misinterpreted the meaning when we reported on the manga ending. I have gone back through every article we posted since 2019 that mentioned the manga ending, and made sure to correct it about the manga actually not ending. We appreciate you bringing this to our attention, and hope that if you do spot an error in the future you will reach out to us by email.
Spastic Minnow
Bargain Hunter
Exempt from Grammar Rules

PostPosted: Wed Aug 04, 2021 8:18 am Reply with quote
What I want to know is whether or not it will air at a new time slot or, as I would prefer, in Conan's regular time, serving as a welcome respite from the barrage of subpar anime originals and "remastered" episodes (in Japan, as we don't get them).
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
xxmsxx

PostPosted: Wed Aug 04, 2021 10:24 am Reply with quote
MushroomMan674 wrote:
I wonder how this is gonna work? The manga is not long at all (in fact, it's 13 chapters), so...adapt a chapter an episode? 13 episodes?

WPS has four characters each getting three chapters and one character getting one chapter. Considering that DC usually adapts three chapters into two episodes, it will likely be 2x4+1=9 episodes. Kind of like MK 2010 (12 episodes). They obvious could drag it out but that would not be good for the pacing.
MushroomMan674

PostPosted: Wed Aug 04, 2021 10:33 am Reply with quote
Spastic Minnow wrote:
What I want to know is whether or not it will air at a new time slot or, as I would prefer, in Conan's regular time, serving as a welcome respite from the barrage of subpar anime originals and "remastered" episodes (in Japan, as we don't get them).

Going by what

xxmsxx wrote:
MushroomMan674 wrote:

WPS has four characters each getting three chapters and one character getting one chapter. Considering that DC usually adapts three chapters into two episodes, it will likely be 2x4+1=9 episodes. Kind of like MK 2010 (12 episodes). They obvious could drag it out but that would not be good for the pacing.

said, if it's 9 episodes, that's 9 weeks for a Conan break, which would probably be 2 months of mediocre filler. The main anime could use a break anyway, so it wouldn't be a bad thing at all if they did that.
xxmsxx

PostPosted: Wed Aug 04, 2021 3:48 pm Reply with quote
MushroomMan674 wrote:
said, if it's 9 episodes, that's 9 weeks for a Conan break, which would probably be 2 months of mediocre filler. The main anime could use a break anyway, so it wouldn't be a bad thing at all if they did that.

I think this is why we got a manga chapter adaptation in May and then again in July again. It is extremely close together. Because there won't be any manga adaptations for the remainder of the year. It will probably be just some re-airs/AOs/WPS/Literal no-airs. Plenty to go around already.

Also, they might spread it out like MK2010.

At this point, I do not foresee more than 4 manga cases adapted per year. Thus, everything else needs to be re-airs/AOs/no-airs/or something else.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1