• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
General Questions / Identifying Anime.

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Cam0

PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2021 9:37 am Reply with quote
I've never really thought about it much, but I recently listened to some Yuki Kajiura music on youtube and it just made me wonder if the singing often present in her music is Japanese, some other language or if it's just gobbledygook. I know that, for instance, Nier:Automata's music has vocals in it and it sounds a bit like French, but in truth the vocals are gibberish. Just made me wonder if that's true for the vocals in Yuki Kajiura's music as well?

Just a shower thought I had.
pibburns

PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2021 11:19 am Reply with quote
Cam0 wrote:
I've never really thought about it much, but I recently listened to some Yuki Kajiura music on youtube and it just made me wonder if the singing often present in her music is Japanese, some other language or if it's just gobbledygook. I know that, for instance, Nier:Automata's music has vocals in it and it sounds a bit like French, but in truth the vocals are gibberish. Just made me wonder if that's true for the vocals in Yuki Kajiura's music as well?

Just a shower thought I had.

According to this web page https://wiki.puella-magi.net/Yuki_Kajiura :

"Kajiura makes heavy use of non-Japanese languages, including giving Latin titles to Madoka's songs. She frequently writes lyrics in "Kajiuraese" (also known as Kajiurago or Kajiuran), a made-up language which is designed to sound pleasing and inspired by romance languages."
Cam0

PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2021 2:36 pm Reply with quote
Fumu-fumu (At least I think that's the "Uh-huh" thing that anime characters say).

Thank you kind sirlady. I am smarter now than I was earlier today.
NoctaBS

PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2021 2:36 am Reply with quote
Hi! I was hoping you guys could help me find an anime that I watched in the early 2000s but I believe it was made earlier than that as my older cousin lent it to me as she watched it in her childhood and she's about 10-15 years older.

The only details I can recall about the anime is that the main character is a male who attends a somewhat secluded school, and while at the school one night he grows the 'horns of the devil' which a crow explains to him, and the powers that the horns give him (which I can't remember). Outside of the gory scene of horns rupturing from his head the only scene I remember is him flying in the night sky leaving a gold dust trail, or gold particle behind him as he flies.

I would really appreciate if you guys could help me find this anime or come up with a list of potential animes as I have been looking for it for years! I think it was a film as I watched it on CD.
erzane

PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2021 6:03 am Reply with quote
Hi there,
I've got this copy of that lost page since my teenage :

Should be a header from a Newtype or an Animage... Maybe can you help to identify? Regarding the Gundam types, should be maybe '93 to '95...
Thanks!
EmbraceMe

PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2021 7:24 am Reply with quote
erzane wrote:
Maybe can you help to identify? Regarding the Gundam types, should be maybe '93 to '95...
Thanks!

The mobile suits are from Victory Gundam making this sometime between 93 to 94

The far left mobile suit is the ZM-S19S Shy-tarn.
The middle is the MW544b Sandhoge.
The far right is the ZM-D11S Abigor.

The top of this also brings up the Miracle Girls anime while the bottom says Dragon League. It looks like they're just displaying the airtime of these shows so it's hard to know which magazine this is from (I also have never read Newtype or Animage). Some additional info that may help is that this seems to be published on a Friday and with several of the shows having August 13th as the broadcast date on some episodes, I think this may put this from around August 1993.

Edit:

Upon look at some some archived scans of Animage, Animedia, and Newtype magazines. I think this may actually be from the July 1993 Newtype magazine but without full access to it, I can't confirm for sure.
erzane

PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2021 8:33 am Reply with quote
EmbraceMe wrote:
erzane wrote:
Maybe can you help to identify? Regarding the Gundam types, should be maybe '93 to '95...
Thanks!

The mobile suits are from Victory Gundam making this sometime between 93 to 94

The far left mobile suit is the ZM-S19S Shy-tarn.
The middle is the MW544b Sandhoge.
The far right is the ZM-D11S Abigor.

The top of this also brings up the Miracle Girls anime while the bottom says Dragon League. It looks like they're just displaying the airtime of these shows so it's hard to know which magazine this is from (I also have never read Newtype or Animage). Some additional info that may help is that this seems to be published on a Friday and with several of the shows having August 13th as the broadcast date on some episodes, I think this may put this from around August 1993.

Edit:

Upon look at some some archived scans of Animage, Animedia, and Newtype magazines. I think this may actually be from the July 1993 Newtype magazine but without full access to it, I can't confirm for sure.

Thanks for these precious infos. I'm on it right now, reading Newtype and animage of '93 on Archive.org
Beltane70

PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2021 8:49 am Reply with quote
EmbraceMe wrote:

I can definitely rule out Newtype since that's not the format that they use for their anime episode listings. Newtype has always used a vertical format. It also calls the section Anime Land. In the 32 years that I've been collecting Newtype, their format remains unchanged.
erzane

PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2021 9:05 am Reply with quote
Beltane70 wrote:
EmbraceMe wrote:

I can definitely rule out Newtype since that's not the format that they use for their anime episode listings. Newtype has always used a vertical format. It also calls the section Anime Land. In the 32 years that I've been collecting Newtype, their format remains unchanged.

That's what I also thought.
Btw, I don't find any full Animage from that period on Archive.org. Animedia seems to be a more recent magazine. Maybe B CLUB or an Hobby Japan. I don't know more magazines...
shosakukan

PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2021 9:36 am Reply with quote
erzane wrote:
Hi there,
I've got this copy of that lost page since my teenage :
Should be a header from a Newtype or an Animage... Maybe can you help to identify? Regarding the Gundam types, should be maybe '93 to '95...
Thanks!

The Animedia magazine's pages about TV anime broadcast schedules were titled 'TV Anime City'.
So the page in question seems to be from an issue of Animedia in the summer of 1993.

erzane wrote:
Animedia seems to be a more recent magazine.

Animedia started to be published in 1981.
erzane

PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2021 9:41 am Reply with quote
Oh ok, so this should help.
EmbraceMe

PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2021 10:25 am Reply with quote
Beltane70 wrote:

Thanks for the correction! I went back and relooked at the scans (during company time of course, that's very important) and saw the errors in my judgement. I did find something that would help.

shosakukan wrote:

The Animedia magazine's pages about TV anime broadcast schedules were titled 'TV Anime City'.
So the page in question seems to be from an issue of Animedia in the summer of 1993.

And here is a scan of a July 1993 (or what is listed as July) scan from Animedia:

Judging from the dates on this one (and the assumption it correctly labeled the month), I'm guessing the other one is from either August/September with.
erzane

PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2021 11:45 am Reply with quote
EmbraceMe wrote:
Beltane70 wrote:

Thanks for the correction! I went back and relooked at the scans (during company time of course, that's very important) and saw the errors in my judgement. I did find something that would help.

shosakukan wrote:

And here is a scan of a July 1993 (or what is listed as July) scan from Animedia:

Judging from the dates on this one (and the assumption it correctly labeled the month), I'm guessing the other one is from either August/September with.

Great!
I've found an issue which seems to be the one I've got these years.
Thanks for your precious help to all 'ya!
Adzik

PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2021 11:18 am Reply with quote
I have been looking a long time for some old anime i had seen a while ago. . It is earth being attacked by a reptile race who doesn't like the fact that mammals have become the dominate species on the planet. During this time they pretty much destroy much of the earths defenses the only ones who could save the earth is a man and advance people who live under the south pole. I think they were descendants of people of Atlantis. Any help would be appreciated.
HandofBobb

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2021 5:40 pm Reply with quote
well, I was GMing a game last night, and sorta half-remembered this Anime from a few years ago, and used it for inspiration. Problem is, I don't actually remember that much of it, and I only really watched like the first two episodes. Would like to go back and give it another look to shore up my RPG plot, if anyone can tell me what is was:

It was a supernatural anime where the two male leads were some kind of Demon Hunters, one of them was a mystic type who used a deck of cards. In the first episode they fought a 'Chronovore' (iirc), a demon who stole peoples 'time'. At the end of the episode we learn that the ostensibly younger of the leads is actually the father of the other lead and had been de-aged (or maybe reverse-aged?) by a similar or possibly the same Demon. I dont really remember much of Episode 2 other than some scenes on a train, and introducing a sexy/sassy girl who we're meant to think might actually be the mother.

it was sorta an interesting premise, but the show fell by the wayside for me as there was too much other good stuff that season, as usual- I always start out with like a dozen shows im trying to watch but usually only finish 3 or so...
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 564 of 569