• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Attack on Titan The Final Season Anime's Part 2 to Premiere Next January

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
OthmaneAD

PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2021 7:23 am Reply with quote
I've waited from 2013 after watching season 1 to watch this, i will finally watch the entirety of AOT in one setting in april.
Nordhmmer

PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2021 8:21 am Reply with quote
The Question is which ending will the Anime provide- The poorly written original one or the poorly written attempt to expand on the original ending.
Casval Rem Deikun

PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2021 8:37 am Reply with quote
If they stick with the manga ending... those poor fans.
Somer-_-

PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2021 8:44 am Reply with quote
Still excited all things considered.
tintor2

PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2021 8:47 am Reply with quote
I wonder more about the amount of violence they might tone down. In the first season they couldn't show a single human torso that a character was insane while trying to heal.
HueyLion

PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2021 9:07 am Reply with quote
What a way to start off 2022!
SP654

PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2021 9:50 am Reply with quote
Wonder How Many episodes It will last For the second half of the final season
Touma55

PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2021 10:26 am Reply with quote
I sure am looking forward to seeing another massive overreaction.... Hopefully anime only fans are a little more reasonable.
Connor Dino

PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2021 11:17 am Reply with quote
Touma55 wrote:
I sure am looking forward to seeing another massive overreaction.... Hopefully anime only fans are a little more reasonable.

Agreed, but I doubt it. The ending was ultimately fine. Not perfect and it was certainly flawed, but it didn't give the readers cancer as some hyperbolic comments would imply.

This is a larger problem within the community. Likely due to the fact that a majority are people who can barely do a 2 page book report...but a lot of manga/anime fans seem to think that all endings must be perfectly executed, flawless works of art. When...the majority of manga/anime endings simply reflect the series they resolve..they are mixed; additionally, it isn't like there is a consensus of when endings are good. Ask one fan what anime/manga has a good ending and you'll get 15 screaming people saying it was the "worst thing EVER!!"

On a related note, I hope One Piece fans are ready for their ending to be hated and degraded for centuries, regardless of how good or bad it is...You thought expectations for AOTs ending were high? One Piece's ending is so hyped, unless it is the second coming of christ, it will NEVER live up to it.

Eh I guess time will tell.
Touma55

PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2021 11:31 am Reply with quote
Connor Dino wrote:
Touma55 wrote:

Agreed, but I doubt it. The ending was ultimately fine. Not perfect and it was certainly flawed, but it didn't give the readers cancer as some hyperbolic comments would imply.

This is a larger problem within the community. Likely due to the fact that a majority are people who can barely do a 2 page book report...but a lot of manga/anime fans seem to think that all endings must be perfectly executed, flawless works of art. When...the majority of manga/anime endings simply reflect the series they resolve..they are mixed; additionally, it isn't like there is a consensus of when endings are good. Ask one fan what anime/manga has a good ending and you'll get 15 screaming people saying it was the "worst thing EVER!!"

On a related note, I hope One Piece fans are ready for their ending to be hated and degraded for centuries, regardless of how good or bad it is...You thought expectations for AOTs ending were high? One Piece's ending is so hyped, unless it is the second coming of christ, it will NEVER live up to it.

Yeah I also doubt it will be different, but I'm trying to be hopeful lol. I also thought the ending was fine. It wasn't amazing or absolutely awful, it was fine.

And yeah the response to the ending of One Piece is gonna be insane. Hopefully it really does end up being the second coming of Christ lol.
The Not so Chosen One

PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2021 12:46 pm Reply with quote
I would like to hope that MAPPA will fix that manga ending and come up with something better and more paced, but I don't know.
The Not so Chosen One

PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2021 1:11 pm Reply with quote
Connor Dino wrote:
Touma55 wrote:

Ask one fan what anime/manga has a good ending and you'll get 15 screaming people saying it was the "worst thing EVER!!"

It was hardly just "15 people" saying that in this case, given the manga's story development and popularity. It's pretty much unanimously agreed that the climax was great while the ending was mediocre and a did a lot of character assassination to both Eren in his final motives, and Ymir's. Don't try to play cool with something that just wasn't.
MarshalBanana

PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2021 1:55 pm Reply with quote
Nordhmmer wrote:
The Question is which ending will the Anime provide- The poorly written original one or the poorly written attempt to expand on the original ending.
So I haven't read the Manga, are you saying the ending is so bad an Anime only ending would be better?
xxmsxx

PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2021 2:00 pm Reply with quote
Connor Dino wrote:
This is a larger problem within the community.

Exactly.

I also think even if MAPPA makes their own ending, that still will be panned. It's more about the fans' expectations. Not necessarily about whether the ending is actually good or not or mixed.

I am curious to how many episodes it will be. One cour seems not feasible. If I remember correctly, it is chapter 107-139 they need to cover right? 32 chapters for 25ish episodes? Probably more fitting for about 30 episodes. But considering the manga has ended already, the company perspective is probably less is better.
cchigu

PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2021 2:03 pm Reply with quote
Imagine hoping for an anime original ending and even worse thinking that an anime original ending would somehow save the AoT franchise.

The ending was shit, like utter shit. Now, move on, bury AoT deep down in the Mariana Trench, and just continue on with your lives.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2