• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Yoko Kanno Composes New Macross Frontier Theatrical Film Short's Theme Song

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Fluwm

PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2021 6:36 am Reply with quote
Has Yoko Kano ever made anything for Macross before?

Anyway, I am psyched AF right now. Not sure what to expect from this short film, but even if it's just essentially an AMV I can't imagine myself not falling in love, especially if Kanno's music gets some Itano Circus in the background.
SHD

PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2021 7:16 am Reply with quote
Fluwm wrote:

Yes, like... the soundtrack and songs for Macross Frontier... and Macross Plus... Anime smile + sweatdrop
Lowlife187

PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2021 3:32 pm Reply with quote
Fluwm wrote:

Anyway, I am psyched AF right now. Not sure what to expect from this short film, but even if it's just essentially an AMV I can't imagine myself not falling in love, especially if Kanno's music gets some Itano Circus in the background.

??? YES!!! SHe did Macross Plus and Macross Frontier! Kanno is God! This is great news, so happy for new Macross and blown away to have the amazing Yoko Kanno too.

And also IMEDIATE global release of the films and music!!! Truly hell as frozen over and I've never been happier. I am so glad that Harmony Gold got off there high pillar and made a deal with Big West, this was the best move for everyone and it was always a shame we couldn't get Macross outside of Japan easy, now we might get some good translations and I hope any Blu Ray extra content in a form I can actually read/understand.

1, 2, 3, DECULTURE!
Fluwm

PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2021 7:45 pm Reply with quote
She did? Damn, I feel quite silly now. Loved Frontier's music but for whatever reason never connected it to Kanno.
omiya

PostPosted: Sun Aug 29, 2021 5:43 am Reply with quote
Don't forget the Macross Frontier 10th anniversary song from May'n and Megumi Nakajima written by Yoko Kanno and released in 2018, Good job! (official video, 2 chorus version): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fTiabgxkt-0
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1