• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Luminous Witches Voice Actress Miu Kotosaka Retires From Voice Acting Due to Health

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Zen119

PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2021 1:29 am Reply with quote
Is this upcoming series cursed? It's not even out yet and it is experiencing setbacks.
DRosencraft

PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2021 1:42 am Reply with quote
Hate to hear anyone's career cut short due to health issues. I hope she's able to have a comfortable and speedy recovery.

As for the series, the concept is somewhat interesting. Odd that this is my first time hearing of it. The idea of a USO style group of witches seems appropriate, and is a sensible offshoot for the Strike Witches franchise I believe. But reading all the delays and talent changes the series has had already, I fear for what is left of their budget. Strike Witches never struck me as a particularly high-budget production, and these sorts of idol series tend to run up their budget for music licensing. These delays and issues are surely forcing them to stretch the budget even further.
enurtsol

PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2021 7:38 am Reply with quote
Wonder what possible health issues that she can't come back from to voice acting, and instead retire at such a young age
DRosencraft

PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2021 9:30 am Reply with quote
enurtsol wrote:
Wonder what possible health issues that she can't come back from to voice acting, and instead retire at such a young age

A few years ago I had a very bad case of the flu. My flus usually involve a pretty severe sore throat. At the time my doctor told me to literally not talk for a few days otherwise I risked severe damage to my throat and potential loss of my voice. I'm not a voice actor, not a singer, nothing like that. I don't know for certain what her situation is, but I can imagine she probably had instances in the past where for her career as a singer and voice actor she was sick at some point and "pushed through" to keep up practice, or to make
a performance, and exacerbated some underlying condition. Sometimes your body just reacts bad to what you want to do in life, and there's not always a way to "fix" it.
Rob19ny

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2021 11:31 am Reply with quote
I wish Miu the best and thank her having an impact on anime. It is unfortunate that something like this happened. I hope everyone can help her out.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1