• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Nintendo Reveals Super Mario Bros. Film's Cast, Staff, December 2022 Debut

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ranran-001

PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2021 5:54 pm Reply with quote
CastMember1991 wrote:
ranran-001 wrote:
CastMember1991 wrote:
Silver Kirin wrote:
[I]t seems that Pratt as Mario is dividing a lot of people, I don't know why exactly, I've only seen him in the MCU and the Jurassic World movies but he actually did a pretty good job as Emmet in The LEGO Movie (in which Charlie Day played Benny the spaceman) and Barley in Onward.

I'm pretty skeptical about Pratt as Mario, but I'm sure Martinet will be a great mentor for him in a role as massive as this - much like how Roger Craig Smith was supportive of Ben Schwartz as Sonic - another role I was skeptical of when another celebrity became the voice of a video game character. You can tell how Nintendo tried to put its heart and soul into this project to make sure that this movie is - if not good - living up to its full potential. I wish them the best of luck in doing so.

Mentor? lol, no it don't work that way. Chris Pratt's got himself a mansion in LA, Martinet would be lucky to polish Pratt's hubcaps. There will be no passing of the torch, Pratt will just do what he thinks he can do better than Martinet. That's the most likely outcome.

The point I was trying to make exactly. I meant to say that Martinet could give him some advice on how to perfect the role. Pratt doesn’t need to try and copy Martinet, he just needs to capture the essence of the character.

The reality is with voice acting, its rare that actors are in the same room, double so with expensive ones. Chris and Charles aren't likely to meet outside of a convention, let alone a sound booth, and I don't see Chris, being in his position in the industry being someone that thinks he needs someone like Charles Martinet around.
CastMember1991

PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2021 8:49 pm Reply with quote
ranran-001 wrote:
The reality is with voice acting, its rare that actors are in the same room, double so with expensive ones. Chris and Charles aren't likely to meet outside of a convention, let alone a sound booth, and I don't see Chris, being in his position in the industry being someone that thinks he needs someone like Charles Martinet around.

Not wrong there. But all in all, my advice to Chris is that he doesn't need to be an exact copy of Charles. He just needs to capture the essence of who Mario is when he's playing the role. I always liked him as an actor, and I want him to do a good job.
Minos_Kurumada

PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2021 10:50 pm Reply with quote
No idea of who Peach is, but there is something weird with her face.
residentgrigo

PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2021 6:19 am Reply with quote
Sonic was simply boring and Pratt was courted as the lead but said no. We now know why it seems. Let's hope that Shitpost - The Movie has personality. The 90s Mario film at least has an identity. And if not, then who cares. There have been so many bad Nintendo adaptations, who will ever care about one more.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3