• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
What are your favorite Video Games?

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Video Games
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mariopepper

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2019 10:57 am Reply with quote
My favorite games are dota2 and cs go but i also prefer betting on my lovely games to playing it. Especially when International begins ( dota players know what i am talking about) - it is my favorite time.. Is anybody watching it? I used to play dota for almost 4 years and i am proffesional in this area but i still use advises and usefull tips. If anybody want to play with me - let's do it Very Happy

Last edited by mariopepper on Tue May 28, 2019 1:48 am; edited 1 time in total
gomeshelen

PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2019 5:51 am Reply with quote
Chrono Trigger amazing story, amazing characters And the multiple endings. Best version to me is the SNES version.
Lancelotginus

PostPosted: Tue Jul 30, 2019 7:45 pm Reply with quote
Nier Automata blew me away, what a unique and special game/story.
berlin73

PostPosted: Sat Sep 07, 2019 3:36 am Reply with quote
my favourite game is PUBG. i like to play it on regular bases and i love to play this game
Seif

PostPosted: Sat Sep 07, 2019 7:06 pm Reply with quote
Chrono Trigger now and forever.
NieR

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2020 2:21 am Reply with quote
I think I would consider these titles to be my top 5 favorite video games:

NieR Gestalt [PS3, 360]
Kingdom Hearts Birth by Sleep [PSP, PS3, PS4]
Crash Bandicoot N. Sane Trilogy [PS4, Switch]
Gex: Enter the Gecko [PS1]
Chrono Trigger [SNES, PS1, DS]
Chocobos

PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2021 12:44 pm Reply with quote
My favorite video game ... there are many games and it depends on the period and whether I am to play alone or with my friends.

My game of all time is EVE Online, because it's an MMO game that I have been playing for many years and still with great pleasure
fuuma_monou

PostPosted: Thu Nov 18, 2021 8:10 pm Reply with quote
My current fave is Bayonetta 2. Finally bought it even though I still haven't finished the first game on the Xbox 360 (stuck on chapter 14, the Space Harrier homage; I was never very good at SH).
MaritLage

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2022 9:00 am Reply with quote
lekts see here_
there are some really great mentions here_

NieR: Automata ; for having the best soundtrack in any game i·ve ever heard .

Final Fantasy VI for its compelling story , great soundtrack , and the willingness to go where other games might shy away from . For Heaven·s sake , the End of the World happens at the halfway point in the game .

Katana Zero for its impeccable inertia and fun use of time magic .

Magic: the Gathering ; gets an honorable mention here , particularly since the most recent set they released was a cyberpunk anime set .

Chrono Trigger for its blazingly apt presentation of time travel .

Sniper3D is an app game for smartphones . The gameplay is simple and basic , yet i keep coming back to it over and over .

Fallout 2 which i think is the best of all the Fallout games . 1 was well-designed tho a bit newish , while 2 used the same chipsets and tilesets , allowing the producers to focus on the storyline .

Ring of Elysium is your standard FPS with the addition of those grapple belts from Attack on Titan , which adds a lot to its inertia .

Perception where you play as a blind woman navigating a haunted house using echolocation by tapping her cane on the floor . The depiction of the echolocation is astounding and worth looking up .

Home Sweet Home is a Thai horror game where you have to escape a legitimately frightening ghost .

Megaman X the original cos it has an awesome soundtrack and there·s a secret area in one of the stages where you can get an upgrade that allows you to do a Hadoken .

Super Metroid for being both an awesome Metroidvania platformer while also being creepy as fak .

i think that·ll do for now h
syedqurancenter

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2022 12:06 pm Reply with quote
Very Nice
kuyaseo

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2022 8:27 pm Reply with quote
Majora's Mask, MGS4, SotN and Megaman Legends
IchigoSS4

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2023 10:49 am Reply with quote
Shadow of the Colossus
Ocarina of Time
Dark Souls
MGS 3: Snake Eater
Bloodborne
Krakenn

PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2023 9:26 am Reply with quote
I can't name just one game, I'll have to name three.

First, Operation Flashpoint. I don't remember which edition it was, but it was one of the first ones on PC. The game was very realistic and immersive for its time (2009 or so?) and the gameplay was very rich. It seems to me that it preceded ARMA afterwards, and has always remained popular among war game enthusiasts. The game was difficult, but how happy you were once you had completed a mission. It's a change from some of the current games that are a bit too easy for my taste.

Then, Infernal on PC. It is a little known game but nevertheless so excellent. It is a FPS where you play a fallen angel fighting against demons and other supernatural creatures. The graphics were very very realistic for the time, they were really ahead of their time. Frankly, it's one of the best games I've ever played, the gameplay is incredible, there are great mechanics spoiler[such as teleportation, very tricky to use, especially against the Boss Carlos, because it's only temporary so you have to use it wisely; you also have like a boost that you apply to your current weapon, it's a superpower you activate that deals 10-20 times the damage of the weapon, very useful against mini bosses, usually heavily armored in techwear clothes such as bulletproof tops and reinforced bottoms, making them really hard to beat; and finally a special vision that allows you to see things like hidden codes, and hints], I really think it's excellent. The game is as rich as it is difficult: some bosses are hard to beat and it will take you dozens or even hundreds of tries to kill them. I'm disappointed that they didn't continue the saga, it would have been a hit nowadays I think.

And finally, Dragon Quest VIII on PS2. I think a lot of people know this license, but then this game, as well as DQMJ on Nintendo DS... what a treat. I think it's the best RPG I've ever played. You can spend hundreds of hours on the game without realizing it, without getting bored, because there are so many things to do. I've played it a lot, it's always been fun and it's really stuck with me. For others, it would have been Final Fantasy, but I'm really attached to Dragon Quest.

Last edited by Krakenn on Thu May 18, 2023 7:11 am; edited 2 times in total
Varack

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2023 7:13 am Reply with quote
It's hard to pick just one. The last thing that really impressed me was Detroit. I don't consider myself a fan of that genre, but this game is marvelous.
HoneyAlice

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2023 4:08 am Reply with quote
Ohhhhh I agree 100% that "The Last of Us" is cool game! and definetly one of my favourite because it combines gripping storytelling, compelling characters, and intense survival gameplay in a post-apocalyptic world. Its realistic graphics, emotional depth, and moral dilemmas make players deeply invested in its narrative. It's a cinematic gaming experience that pushes boundaries in storytelling and immersion. Just Awesome!
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Video Games All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3