• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Fire Force Manga Enters Final Arc

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
StarDango

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2021 1:33 am Reply with quote
Man, I guess we’re at a point where a lot of the big titles are reaching their finale. My Hero Academia, Dr. Stone, Kaguya-Sama and now Fire Force. It’s kinda weird because I’ve been following all of these series since the beginning. Almost like the end of some era.

I wonder if it was the same feeling for fans who followed series like Naruto and Bleach from the beginning to end lol
RockSplash

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2021 1:53 am Reply with quote
StarDango wrote:
Man, I guess we’re at a point where a lot of the big titles are reaching their finale. My Hero Academia, Dr. Stone, Kaguya-Sama and now Fire Force. It’s kinda weird because I’ve been following all of these series since the beginning. Almost like the end of some era.

I wonder if it was the same feeling for fans who followed series like Naruto and Bleach from the beginning to end lol

Probably not, becuase unlike those two examples, all three are ending when they are still on a high note, as opposed to dragging things out like Naruto and Bleach.
Touma55

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2021 2:33 am Reply with quote
RockSplash wrote:
StarDango wrote:

Probably not, becuase unlike those two examples, all three are ending when they are still on a high note, as opposed to dragging things out like Naruto and Bleach.

Not to be a downer, but all 4 of those series could end on a low note. Naruto and Bleach didn't have too many complaints until like midway into their final arcs. Bleach did have some complaints during the Fullbring arc but, people were really enjoying the last arc until around its second half. And if I have learned anything over the years it is that it is almost always the final arc of a series where people start to say the quality has dropped.

I'll probably get hate for saying this, but if My Hero ends keeping its current quality then in my eyes it wont even be ending on a high note. Hopefully I don't get crucified for saying that lol.
ErikaD.D

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2021 3:38 am Reply with quote
Since the manga enter final arc, I think the anime won't adapt the rest of the manga like many animes.
BaronViolet

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2021 4:58 am Reply with quote
On one hand if MHA ends, so be it. Hirikoshi worked hard on the series and I hope he ends it on a high note. On the other hand, there is a part of me that hopes Hirikoshi continues the series in a Sequal similar to Shippuden.
Badcrazy

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2021 6:44 am Reply with quote
ErikaD.D wrote:
Since the manga enter final arc, I think the anime won't adapt the rest of the manga like many animes.

Is there really any examples of this happening? Most anime only get 1 season because there isn't all that much value to continue it in the eyes of the money givers. However once you've already animated most of it over the course of years it would be plain foolish to not finish it.
Matros

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2021 6:51 am Reply with quote
Badcrazy wrote:
ErikaD.D wrote:

Is there really any examples of this happening? Most anime only get 1 season because there isn't all that much value to continue it in the eyes of the money givers. However once you've already animated most of it over the course of years it would be plain foolish to not finish it.

The Promised Neverland is a good recent example. However I don't think the FF anime will just stop now, the anime did really well on Netflix and other platforms. And it would be cruel not to continue it after that S2 cliffhanger.
Niello

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2021 7:20 am Reply with quote
Matros wrote:
Badcrazy wrote:
ErikaD.D wrote:

The Promised Neverland is a good recent example. However I don't think the FF anime will just stop now, the anime did really well on Netflix and other platforms. And it would be cruel not to continue it after that S2 cliffhanger.

I don't think that's a good example. I won't be surprise if one of the reasons TPN didn't get a good anime treatment for the second season and the story cut short is because of the manga declining quality ever since the first arc. There's not much reason to animate it if they already animated the high point of the series since the rest aren't that worth it.
Badcrazy

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2021 7:20 am Reply with quote
Matros wrote:
Badcrazy wrote:
ErikaD.D wrote:

They did finish The Promised Neverland tho. I admit it was awful and they cut stuff but that's not the same as what you're describing.
Matros

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2021 7:27 am Reply with quote
Niello wrote:
Matros wrote:
Badcrazy wrote:
ErikaD.D wrote:

I don't think that's a good example. I won't be surprise if one of the reasons TPN didn't get a good anime treatment for the second season and the story cut short is because of the manga declining quality ever since the first arc. There's not much reason to animate it if they already animated the high point of the series since the rest aren't that worth it.

And I have The Seven Deadly Sins as a counter argument. The declining quality of the story isn't that of a big factor as long as people watch it. Since the manga already finished the production committee likely didn't see any reason to continue investing in a series that didn't set the charts on fire.
SP654

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2021 8:10 am Reply with quote
All I care about is when season 3 anime is going to air
xxmsxx

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2021 9:44 am Reply with quote
Traditionally, anime is a means to an end, not an end itself. So having a cliffhanger but with no one to invest in your production means no future seasons regardless. But things have become more and more hybrid these days and the anime itself is an end for some titles because it can rake in money just by being a popular title.

Not all titles have made this transition, a few big ones have. I think FF is more or less in between. The anime's reception was fairly robust, so it could stand on its own. Even if the quality of the story deteriorates, which is more subjective.

The Production Committee is in it for the money after all, not really caring about the story or whatnot.
blahmoomoo

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2021 9:56 am Reply with quote
The release of David Production's TV anime usually don't overlap (the one exception I know of is Cells At Work S2 and 2.43), so if the production committee is planning for them to do Fire Force season 3, then it may be scheduled to happen after Stone Ocean.
Top Gun

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2021 10:02 am Reply with quote
Touma55 wrote:

Not to be a downer, but all 4 of those series could end on a low note. Naruto and Bleach didn't have too many complaints until like midway into their final arcs. Bleach did have some complaints during the Fullbring arc but, people were really enjoying the last arc until around its second half. And if I have learned anything over the years it is that it is almost always the final arc of a series where people start to say the quality has dropped.

I think plenty of us who followed Bleach had serious issues with it well before the Fullbring arc, but that's best left to another topic.

I hope the rest of the series does wind up getting animated, as I've had a lot of fun with it. If there weren't certain recurring issues with it that have already been beaten to death elsewhere, it'd be easy to wholeheartedly recommend.
Touma55

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2021 11:39 am Reply with quote
Top Gun wrote:
Touma55 wrote:

I think plenty of us who followed Bleach had serious issues with it well before the Fullbring arc, but that's best left to another topic.

I hope the rest of the series does wind up getting animated, as I've had a lot of fun with it. If there weren't certain recurring issues with it that have already been beaten to death elsewhere, it'd be easy to wholeheartedly recommend.

Sorry I didn't mean for that to come off as me saying that nobody had problems with it beforehand, but if you were on forums and stuff back then you know that most negative feedback came during the Fullbring arc. You could definitely see that if you were looking on the Japanese side of the internet. And come on I'm sure we both know fans were a lot happier with the series during the earlier parts of the final arc lol.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2