• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Attack on Titan The Final Season Anime's Part 2 Video Reveals Premiere on January 9

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SilverTalon01

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2021 7:16 am Reply with quote
Serious question, but can a manga reader confirm whether this is likely to be the final season if the pacing from the last "final season" stays roughly the same? I got baited into watching last time, and I would have definitely just held off on watching if I knew.
Matros

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2021 7:22 am Reply with quote
SilverTalon01 wrote:
Serious question, but can a manga reader confirm whether this is likely to be the final season if the pacing from the last "final season" stays roughly the same? I got baited into watching last time, and I would have definitely just held off on watching if I knew.

It's hard to say if this will be the last cour. The latter content will especially prove itself difficult to adapt and I doubt the staff has the time and power to do everything without taking a break again.

Last edited by Matros on Wed Oct 13, 2021 7:28 am; edited 1 time in total
LegitPancake

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2021 7:22 am Reply with quote
It would be awesome if CR/Funi could finally license those Ovas and get them subbed/dubbed to stream. I hope the fact that they’re airing on TV will make that easier now.
Nordhmmer

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2021 7:40 am Reply with quote
SilverTalon01 wrote:

Yes,this will be the final season of the TV show. For as many chapters that're left,many of those will fly by as they're action/battle scenes.
Touma55

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2021 12:00 pm Reply with quote
SilverTalon01 wrote:

I think it is fairly likely that this will be the last one.
jdnation

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2021 1:22 pm Reply with quote
SilverTalon01 wrote:

Yup, considering what's left they should be able to wrap this one up nicely. Things move much faster from this point on right up to the end.
tintor2

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2021 3:09 pm Reply with quote
Yeah, I think they have to adapt like 3 or 4 volumes or something.
Matros

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2021 6:10 pm Reply with quote
jdnation wrote:
SilverTalon01 wrote:

Yup, considering what's left they should be able to wrap this one up nicely. Things move much faster from this point on right up to the end.

I feel like none of y'all take the complexity of the content itself into account. It's not about things moving faster or not, even if it was a movie some of the shit that happens later still would be hard to pull off. And I'm certain most are aware how tight S4's schedule is.
MFrontier

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2021 9:51 pm Reply with quote
It's time to move forward to the ending...
SilvaStreamer

PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2021 3:05 am Reply with quote
Finally its ending and they made no hesitation to show the premiere date of Jan 9 as well unlike Demon Slayer did for the new season.
jdnation

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2021 12:43 am Reply with quote
Matros wrote:
I feel like none of y'all take the complexity of the content itself into account. It's not about things moving faster or not, even if it was a movie some of the shit that happens later still would be hard to pull off. And I'm certain most are aware how tight S4's schedule is.

If this is around 12-13 eps, it is doable in terms of span of run time.

Yes, technically the animation work is complex considering all the crazy epic things happening and the scale of the work involved. Episodes might get delayed, and I expect a lot of CGI out of necessity, but 1 season's worth of episodes should completely wrap this up.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1