• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: World Trigger 3rd Season Anime's English-Subtitled Trailer, Ad Streamed

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ultimate N

PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2021 9:40 pm Reply with quote
OH MY GOD FINALLY AN UPDATE ON SEASON 2'S DUB THANK YOU JEEZ WHY DID THIS TAKE SO FRIGGIN LONG!!!!!!!!!!!! Like they announce this all the way back in January during S2's premiere and only NOW give us the confirmation that it's gonna be done by the end of the year. I mean look I know dubs used to take this long but I thought we were past the point where dubs would take just under a year to come out! Still I'm happy it's at least happening and it's cool as fudge that Ian Sinclair is joining the cast. Assuming this is still being made at Ocean that's a really cool and fun surprise.
NJ_

PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2021 12:59 am Reply with quote
This is most likely what Toei & Ocean were trying to do with Dragon Quest Dai's dub before things fell through with SAG so it'll be interesting to see who else gets cast here, if they represent Texas or LA (since Ian has done work for both) and if it's only for the new characters.
malvarez1

PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2021 9:39 am Reply with quote
Will they keep the original background music this time? One can hope.
Primus

PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2021 10:16 am Reply with quote
malvarez1 wrote:

The dub never changed the BGM. There was a claim going around that it did, but that came from people who never actually watched the English version. A few people saw a comparison video on YouTube and noticed the music was different in the dub clips. However, there was a big problem there. The dub footage wasn't actually from the show. That video was made before the dub even premiered. It used clips from a trailer Toei put out. Neither the line reads nor bgm were reflective of the final show. In fact, that trailer was actually a dub of a Japanese PV Toei released prior to the show's original broadcast in Japan.

When it comes to music, the bigger question is if they'll dub the opening tracks again. Given this is unlikely to air on kids TV, I'd guess no.
DangerMouse

PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2021 3:26 pm Reply with quote
Ultimate N wrote:
OH MY GOD FINALLY AN UPDATE ON SEASON 2'S DUB THANK YOU JEEZ WHY DID THIS TAKE SO FRIGGIN LONG!!!!!!!!!!!! Like they announce this all the way back in January during S2's premiere and only NOW give us the confirmation that it's gonna be done by the end of the year. I mean look I know dubs used to take this long but I thought we were past the point where dubs would take just under a year to come out! Still I'm happy it's at least happening and it's cool as fudge that Ian Sinclair is joining the cast. Assuming this is still being made at Ocean that's a really cool and fun surprise.

Oh man I totally forgot they'd already said that since I'd been waiting so long for this season 1 set we finally got in June that I've finally gotten to start watching despite how long I've been waiting to watch this lol, and Ian Sinclair is always awesome so glad to hear he's going to voice someone next season. Good to see it at least seems like they're all-in on this now so hopefully the wait time for the dub will keep getting shorter.
NJ_

PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2021 8:19 pm Reply with quote
Primus wrote:
malvarez1 wrote:

The dub never changed the BGM. There was a claim going around that it did, but that came from people who never actually watched the English version.

Can also confirm the Japanese score since I watched the dub (part on Crunchyroll, all on the Sentai BDs). I think what also doesn't help is that Ocean likes to credit a guy and his company for Music Supervision since that usually has a different meaning for other dub productions.
SailorPluto1313

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2021 9:10 pm Reply with quote
Wow, I can't believe how hard I had to dig to get this announcement (s2 english dub) Anime hyper The first season's dub was fantastic; looking forward to S2's!

Watched the first episode of season 3 last week and I am SO psyched for the next!
NJ_

PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2021 12:27 pm Reply with quote
SailorPluto1313 wrote:
Wow, I can't believe how hard I had to dig to get this announcement (s2 english dub) Anime hyper The first season's dub was fantastic; looking forward to S2's!

To be fair, the original teaser was during a live stream on the Toei US YouTube which has since went private but thankfully some have reported and posted the news from that stream.

https://imissbionix.wordpress.com/2021/01/30/toei-teases-world-trigger-season-2-dub/
Ultimate N

PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2021 2:59 pm Reply with quote
NJ_ wrote:
SailorPluto1313 wrote:

To be fair, the original teaser was during a live stream on the Toei US YouTube which has since went private but thankfully some have reported and posted the news from that stream.

https://imissbionix.wordpress.com/2021/01/30/toei-teases-world-trigger-season-2-dub/

There actually is a highlight video that's still up on Toei's Youtube channel that keeps the clip and announcement of the dub

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S9rm5Bvyu-c&t=22s
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1