• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
This Week in Games - The Departed

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TranceLimit174

PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2021 3:51 pm Reply with quote
Welcome back!

Hiroshi Ono: R.I.P. to a true pioneer and legend. Thank you for all you gave to the world.

Nintendo: Like many, I'm pissed about the pricing. Mainly because the Animal Crossing DLC is baked in. Plus, given Nintendo's track record, don't expect many updates to the Sega & N64 offerings. It will be nice that Mario Kart 64 will have online, but it is still the same Nintendo Online. None of this money will go towards making the online experience actually better. You can also buy a Genesis Collection for very cheap these days so, yeah...the value proposition here is very weak.

Elden Ring Release: Delay into February "not a huge deal" you say? Let's look at the release list for that month:

Dying Light 2
KOF XV
Horizon Forbidden West
Destiny 2: The Witch Queen
Sifu
Saints Row

That list is stacked! And these titles are all going to eat into each other, at least for gamers' time if not their wallets. So I'd say adding Elden Ring in there is massive.

SRW 30th: The DLC choices are very interesting and complicate my "which platform to get it for?" decision even further. This one is shaping up to be a strong entry.

KOF XV: There were a lot of wild theories surrounding Heidern's inclusion in KOF fandom, but the bottom line is this man is leading a team & many fans' fingers are crossed that the son of a certain infamous KOF boss is on it.
invalidname
Contributor

PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2021 4:57 pm Reply with quote
Is the Switch version of Super Robot Wars 30 going to be on the US eshop, or physical import only? If it’s the latter, would I be able to buy the DLC from the eshop? As an SRPG fan, I’ve long wanted to try this series out.
Zero-chan
ANN Reviewer

PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2021 8:12 pm Reply with quote
Steam is the only English version officially available outside of Asia. You’ll need to import the game from Asia and/or buy eShop credit in an Asian storefront for Switch.

invalidname wrote:
Is the Switch version of Super Robot Wars 30 going to be on the US eshop, or physical import only? If it’s the latter, would I be able to buy the DLC from the eshop? As an SRPG fan, I’ve long wanted to try this series out.
Covnam

PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2021 6:41 pm Reply with quote
The pricing for the expansion pack isn't worth it imo. There aren't even any benefits for the online service, so why even tie it to that at this point. Nintendo definitely missed the mark with this one for me. They should just restructure the entire service and pricing.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1