• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
EP. REVIEW: Fena: Pirate Princess

Goto page Previous  

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Picky33

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2021 7:19 am Reply with quote
Princess_Irene wrote:
Agent355 wrote:
Rebecca, if I understood the choice correctly, Yukimaru would have survived with either choice because Fena would need a mate for her arc. Fena’s choice was whether to save everyone else.

I debated that with myself. But the statement was "most suitable mate," which is why Helena had Fena with the king, not Abel, so there's no guarantee that Yukimaru would have been considered her most suitable companion on the baby front. As I came to interpret it, she could have opted to kill the world and found herself with Shitan or some random man that the Powers That Be decided was "most suitable" for her to have a child with.

Good point, I forgot about that plot point.

I watched 11 and 12 together and I knew 12 was not going to be good because the early reviews on this site for 11 were in the 4 star range and 12 was around 2.25 stars

I'm hovering between a 2.5 and a 3 out of 5 for this series, as many have already noted the change after ep 7-8, that's where I start heading into the 2.5 side. it's definitely a forgettable anime.
enurtsol

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2021 2:56 pm Reply with quote
TarsTarkas wrote:
Nom De Plume De Fanboy wrote:

But, at the same time, she does get a free magic hair do-over, with new color and super extensions. Wink

Yeah, that always makes nonconsensual memory wipes so much better Smile

Imagine if she had gotten Angelina Jolie's extensions - she'd go crazy instead that the world doesn't deserve saving after all Laughing
zrdb

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2021 7:45 pm Reply with quote
Twas' a pretty good ending but I wish it'd given more detail on the choice she made near the end. New hair color-who gives a shit? It was symbolic as she was basically a new person.
Errinundra

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2021 8:25 pm Reply with quote
Post removed for snark.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Agent355

PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2021 12:42 am Reply with quote
Princess_Irene wrote:
Agent355 wrote:
Rebecca, if I understood the choice correctly, Yukimaru would have survived with either choice because Fena would need a mate for her arc. Fena’s choice was whether to save everyone else.

I debated that with myself. But the statement was "most suitable mate," which is why Helena had Fena with the king, not Abel, so there's no guarantee that Yukimaru would have been considered her most suitable companion on the baby front. As I came to interpret it, she could have opted to kill the world and found herself with Shitan or some random man that the Powers That Be decided was "most suitable" for her to have a child with.

Hmm...she saw Yukimaru in her vision of herself on the arc, so I assumed “The Observer” agreed that he was the most suitable partner for her, but you’re right that they didn’t actually confirm that. The whole bit was very confusing—if the visions were accurate, then all the Goblins might be killed in a future battle, which is just depressing.
Brack

PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2021 7:43 am Reply with quote
Between this show's ending, Sonny Boy and getting a Mamoru Oshii-written Lupin III episode, 2021 has sure has been an Angel's Egg sort of year.
jdnation

PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2021 7:20 pm Reply with quote
Well this was overall a very fun show!

Great animation! Great Characters! Great Humor! And let me tell you I love a classic adventure story on high seas and swashbuckling and buried treasure, which is why I dig all those Pirates of the Caribbean movies.

Wasn't expecting it to get all Eva on me at the end there. Interesting, but the finale leaves much to be desired. I was expecting something where they had to make a choice between greed, which would doom the world, or sacrificing all the treasures of the world collected there to save it by choosing one another and love and friendship instead... But they'd have to explain how Fena is the walking treasure map that she is, which could've still been pulled off with some spiritual/supernatural element.

Shame it didn't quite pull it off at the end, but I enjoyed the boat ride!
Dr. Wily

PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2021 11:31 pm Reply with quote
I've got this show on in the background while I'm doing my laundry and it really is wild how promising the first third or so of it is compared to now knowing what's coming.

I only ever saw Evangelion the first time after End of Eva and multiple Rebuild movies were out, but I imagine this is kinda how it must have felt for folks back then rewatching the series after 25 & 26 came out. (I'm not trying to ruffle any feathers drawing that comparison, just saying that it's always the go-to example of a show going to crazytown at the end)
Delphisage

PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2021 12:21 pm Reply with quote
I’m curious. Has anyone here beaten Xenoblade 1?
Key

PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2021 12:26 pm Reply with quote
Delphisage wrote:
I’m curious. Has anyone here beaten Xenoblade 1?

And this is relevant how?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  
Page 15 of 15