• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Jobs @ Anime News Network

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> ANN Feedback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tempest
I Run this place.
ANN Publisher

PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2021 11:04 am Reply with quote
Hi Senpiee,

Unfortunately we already filled that position.

Thank you,

-t
Aniquus

PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2021 9:44 am Reply with quote
Tempest wrote:
Hi Senpiee,

Unfortunately we already filled that position.

Thank you,

-t

Hi there. I was wondering are there any new openings in ANN?. I am from South East Asia and I can edit videos, do graphic design and I also do content streaming on social media platforms such as Twitch and Youtube.
StarAkira

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2023 11:39 pm Reply with quote
Hi guys. I'm a final-year Media student who's about to graduate in 10 months' time (October 2023). I came across the role "Assistant Editor and Copy-Editor" on your website and am very interested in it.

I have a few questions concerning the role:
1. Is the role entirely On-Site, Hybrid, or Remote? If it's On-Site, are we required to relocate to the country where ANN's HQ is situated? I'm located in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.
2. I see that 'Professional-level English grammar' is one of the requirements for the role. May I know if ANN requires any English qualifications, such as IELTS/TOEFL/TOEIC etc., from its applicants?

I also want to ask if ANN has any positions available for Freelance Content Writers, as I'm a Media student specializing in Content Writing, Creative Writing, Copywriting, and Journalism.

Looking forward to hearing from the team. Thank you.

Sincerely,
StarAkira

Last edited by StarAkira on Sat Mar 18, 2023 10:23 am; edited 2 times in total
SenpaiDuckie
ANN Community Manager

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2023 8:43 am Reply with quote
kyuhachi98 wrote:
Hi guys. I'm a final-year Media student who's about to graduate in 10 months' time (October 2023). I came across the role "Assistant Editor and Copy-Editor" on your website and am very interested in it.

I have a few questions concerning the role:
1. Is the role entirely On-Site, Hybrid, or Remote? If it's On-Site, are we required to relocate to the country where ANN's HQ is situated? I'm located in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.
2. I see that 'Professional-level English grammar' is one of the requirements for the role. May I know if ANN requires any English qualifications from its applications, such as IELTS/TOEFL/TOEIC etc.?

I also want to ask if ANN has any positions available for Freelance Content Writers, as I'm a Media student specializing in Content Writing, Creative Writing, Copywriting, and Journalism.

Looking forward to hearing from the team. Thank you.

Sincerely,
KyuHachi98

Hello KyuHachi98!

Thank you for the inquiry, as of right now, there is an opening: Freelance Editorial Contributor. Please check the details here
Tempest
I Run this place.
ANN Publisher

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2023 1:44 pm Reply with quote
Hi KyuHachi98,

1: ANN is located in NYC, but everyone works remote, so there's no need for you to relocate. The work would be 100% remote.

2: We don't require any specific certification, but it's good to mention any that you have in your CV. This is one of the reasons we ask for a cover letter.

3: The Freelance Editorial Contributor wasn't showing up in the South East Asia jobs page, I'll add it.

Regards,

Christopher Macdonald
StarAkira

PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2023 2:16 am Reply with quote
Tempest wrote:
Hi KyuHachi98,

1: ANN is located in NYC, but everyone works remote, so there's no need for you to relocate. The work would be 100% remote.

2: We don't require any specific certification, but it's good to mention any that you have in your CV. This is one of the reasons we ask for a cover letter.

3: The Freelance Editorial Contributor wasn't showing up in the South East Asia jobs page, I'll add it.

Regards,

Christopher Macdonald

Hi Tempest and SenpaiDuckie! Thanks for getting back to me on my inquiry. I take note on the info. Smile

Last edited by StarAkira on Sat Mar 25, 2023 9:00 am; edited 1 time in total
Hpilbog31

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2023 1:16 pm Reply with quote
Is there a plan to increase Encyclopedia Editor? There are a lot mistake on Encyclopedia but it seems noone looks into it.
ChirashiD

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2023 2:24 am Reply with quote
Hpilbog wrote:
Is there a plan to increase Encyclopedia Editor? There are a lot mistake on Encyclopedia but it seems noone looks into it.
Error correction depends a lot on user contribution because anyone logged in can submit information and flag errors. This decreases the workload on Encyclopedia staff but if not many users are flagging errors there's even less for the Encyclopedia staff to do (and the errors remain).
Hpilbog31

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2023 7:35 am Reply with quote
ChirashiD wrote:
Hpilbog wrote:
Error correction depends a lot on user contribution because anyone logged in can submit information and flag errors. This decreases the workload on Encyclopedia staff but if not many users are flagging errors there's even less for the Encyclopedia staff to do (and the errors remain).

There is a lot of things you can't flag. Like spliting different people animenewsnetwork.com/bbs/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=3183117 and names changes animenewsnetwork.com/bbs/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=3172659 There is a lot more mistakes I find but didn't bother to post the Encyclopedia forum because noone checks them. There is definitely more Editors needed.
wierd_fishez

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2023 8:27 am Reply with quote
Hi, guys! I came across the Assistant Editor and Copy-Editor job list on your website yesterday. I'm highly interested in the position, but the application submission deadline has already ended last January 31. I'm just wondering if you're still open to accepting applications for the said post.

Thanks so much!
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> ANN Feedback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2