• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
ANN Holiday Gift Guide 2021

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
fuuma_monou

PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2021 8:40 pm Reply with quote
Gifting myself the Evangelion collector's edition and Project A-Ko, and tossed in the Madoka Magica movie trilogy in the same order. Will sell my Platinum Christmas edition DVD set of EVA to help pay for this. The asking price on eBay is wild.

Might give my sister the Hyrule Historia hardcover which I bought years ago but haven't removed the shrink-wrap, along with the Legend of Zelda Game & Watch.

ETA: Also bought Future Boy Conan.

BTW, why not list the 4K HDR release of Transformers: The Movie? I'd definitely get it if I had a 4K Blu-ray player like a current or next gen console. Already have the 30th anniversary steelbook edition Blu-ray, though I've gathered the colors might be a little off.
here-and-faraway

PostPosted: Sat Nov 27, 2021 5:43 pm Reply with quote
FYI for audiobook fans... Temple Alley Summer has an excellent audiobook release too. I got mine from Audible and really enjoyed it.
BillieMartin

PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2022 4:52 pm Reply with quote
A gift like the Evangelion collector's edition and Project A-Ko is wonderful. I want to receive such a gift, but no one gives it to me, haha. My twin brothers' birthday is coming soon, and I don't know what to give them. They are too young to give them the Evangelion collector's edition and Project A-Ko. They know nothing about it. They are only a year old. I found some gift ideas on bopto.com.au, but I still haven't decided what to give them. Does anyone have any ideas and would like to help me?
JasonDeniro

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2022 8:29 am Reply with quote
My best friend would kill to receive an Evangelion collector's edition as a gift. I would've gotten her one for her 18th birthday, but I didn't have enough money. All summer, I worked and saved money for the present. Now I'm planning to get her this edition for Christmas. I've told her we shouldn't spend too much on our gifts this year. She thinks I'll give her a spa basket from https://www.jetgiftbaskets.com/. She has no clue about my real present. I can't wait to see her reaction.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1