• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Final Fantasy XIV Game Has 25 Million Registered Accounts

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
catone2

PostPosted: Sat Dec 04, 2021 6:52 pm Reply with quote
Yeah. I'm REALLY feeling that 25 million right now as I make this post.
ScruffyKiwi

PostPosted: Sat Dec 04, 2021 7:32 pm Reply with quote
catone2 wrote:

Same! Last night I gave up as the queue was something like 3000. It was fine this morning though. Mind you i’m on a pretty busy server anyway (Toonbery). Looking forward to the Pacific servers coming online Smile
SaitoHajime101

PostPosted: Sat Dec 04, 2021 7:42 pm Reply with quote
Currently waiting in queue, started at 7,180, down to 6,114. Only 3 hours to go, in-between lobby server crashes!

In all seriousness, I'm happy that FFXIV is as popular now as it was before.
Northlander

PostPosted: Sat Dec 04, 2021 8:07 pm Reply with quote
3600 queue when I tried playing some the day before yesterday -- which I waited out this time, even if it took like two hours for me to be let in.

Earlier yesterday (about 11am my time) the queue wasn't so bad -- a mere 400 or so -- so I got in some more playtime, but after dinner the queue was nearly 9000, so... yeah, they're going to have to do something about that. (And they will.)
Beltane70

PostPosted: Sun Dec 05, 2021 1:20 am Reply with quote
Yeah, it’s a lot easier to log in during the early morning hours on the east coast. I usually start playing around 9am after I get home from work and only wind up with a queue of around 40. Ah, the one benefit of working overnight!
Leviathonlx

PostPosted: Sun Dec 05, 2021 3:37 pm Reply with quote
catone2 wrote:

It's 25 million accounts not subscribers. It's nothing but a marketing number just like how WoW hit 100 million accounts a decade ago.
Emerje

PostPosted: Sun Dec 05, 2021 10:21 pm Reply with quote
Leviathonlx wrote:
catone2 wrote:

It's 25 million accounts not subscribers. It's nothing but a marketing number just like how WoW hit 100 million accounts a decade ago.

In this case why would that be a different number? There's no real reason for any subscriber to have more than one account when each account can have up to 40 characters on it. If anything the number of actual players may be higher since there are likely some people out there sharing accounts.

Emerje
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Leviathonlx

PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2021 5:15 am Reply with quote
Emerje wrote:
Leviathonlx wrote:
catone2 wrote:

In this case why would that be a different number? There's no real reason for any subscriber to have more than one account when each account can have up to 40 characters on it. If anything the number of actual players may be higher since there are likely some people out there sharing accounts.

Emerje

Since they aren't the same thing. Overall accounts means every account made over the past 8 years not everyone that's currently playing.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1