• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Amazon: Viz Adds Gaba Kawa, Heaven's Will, Oishinbo

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Shawaazu

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2008 3:38 pm Reply with quote
The artwork for Saint Dragon Girl looks cute, but I'm not so sure of what I think of the story. I still need to get the Fushigi Yuugi manga, so I may pick up the BIG edition if Viz decides to re-release it that way.
GATSU

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2008 4:00 pm Reply with quote
I wonder if they'll pick up the FY anime, now that Geneon's no longer selling it...
kirbyboy102

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2008 5:31 pm Reply with quote
Yes, Gaba Kawa!!!!!!! I've been waiting for some more Rie Takada! I hope they don't go too crazy with the sound effect editing though... I'm still very happy they liscensed it, however! ^__^
Oronae

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2008 5:41 pm Reply with quote
I had been planning on picking up FY in the near future but I guess now I'll just wait for the VIZBIG edition to come out instead.
dizzywulf

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2008 7:27 pm Reply with quote
I'm really happy that FY will be realeased in big form. I've been collecting the volumes off and on for a while now but usually the stores don't have the volume I need. It will be nice to have the whole thing in just 6 volumes rather than 18.
LydiaDianne

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2008 1:12 am Reply with quote
Just so that I look and sound stupid:

What is VizBig?
arxane

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2008 1:23 am Reply with quote
LydiaDianne wrote:

What is VizBig?

VizBig is where Viz takes series they've already released and re-releases them in bigger volumes, combining three regular volumes into one VizBig volume. Thus far the biggest difference between regular volumes and VizBig volumes (besides price) is that VizBig volumes have color in the original color pages. The first VizBig volume of Rurouni Kenshin is out, so you can check that to see what they're like.
LydiaDianne

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2008 2:11 am Reply with quote
arxane wrote:
LydiaDianne wrote:

What is VizBig?

VizBig is where Viz takes series they've already released and re-releases them in bigger volumes, combining three regular volumes into one VizBig volume. Thus far the biggest difference between regular volumes and VizBig volumes (besides price) is that VizBig volumes have color in the original color pages. The first VizBig volume of Rurouni Kenshin is out, so you can check that to see what they're like.

Okay, thanks! I'll have to check that out.
sunflower

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2008 10:38 am Reply with quote
Oishinbo? Seriously? All 100+ volumes? This is one happy foodie. I can't wait.
sakura_r0se

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2008 4:30 pm Reply with quote
I've been collecting Yuu Watase series lately, so I'm glad that Fushigi Yugi will be re-leased as VizBig Editions since I don't currently own the series, but would like to in the future.

I have the first Kenshin VizBig Edition and I think that the paper quality seems a little bit better compared to the regular volumes. Also the price is pretty good considering that you get 3 volumes each for about $17.99 which is like getting 1 volume for free.
Not a Jellyfish

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2008 12:43 am Reply with quote
::crosses fingers for a VizBig of X::

If only. I'm still waiting for a re-release unflopped version.

I really like the VizBig editions. So, I think it's pretty cool that FYSS is getting this treatment. Too bad I already have the series.
marie-antoinette

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2008 11:22 am Reply with quote
Yeah, I already have all of FY:SS, though I do have one flipped volume that I would like to replace, so the whole set matches. Still, I think it's good that they are making it, so more people might buy and appreciate the series. It may not be the greatest thing out there, but it's fun.

I would love a new edition of X/1999, but I'd rather have an actual ending first.
Celes

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2008 9:24 pm Reply with quote
marie-antoinette wrote:
Yeah, I already have all of FY:SS, though I do have one flipped volume that I would like to replace, so the whole set matches. Still, I think it's good that they are making it, so more people might buy and appreciate the series. It may not be the greatest thing out there, but it's fun.

I would love a new edition of X/1999, but I'd rather have an actual ending first.

What unflipped volume do you need? I just ask because I have an extra copy of vol. 2 unflipped. I was going to replace my flipped ones but they have too much nostalgia for me to get rid of, so my collection doesn't match, lol. Anyway, I was going to say if you need vol. 2, I'll mail it to you because otherwise I'm just going to throw it out or drop it off at Half-Price and get a quarter for it -_-

Anyway, I'm going to buy the VIZBIG editions of FY too, so I have them with my regular set of books! Why? Because I am the biggest Yuu Watase fan out there and I will support her no matter what. Also, for some reason I like blowing money unnecessarily.
marie-antoinette

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2008 5:45 am Reply with quote
Thanks for the offer Celes, but unfortunately it's vol 8 that I need (which IIRC was the last volume to be made flipped, before they re-issued 1-8 and just released 9+ in unflipped format).
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1