• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
General Questions / Identifying Anime.

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
pibburns

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2021 10:11 pm Reply with quote
HandofBobb wrote:

It was a supernatural anime where the two male leads were some kind of Demon Hunters, one of them was a mystic type who used a deck of cards. In the first episode they fought a 'Chronovore' (iirc), a demon who stole peoples 'time'. At the end of the episode we learn that the ostensibly younger of the leads is actually the father of the other lead and had been de-aged (or maybe reverse-aged?) by a similar or possibly the same Demon. I dont really remember much of episode 2 other than some scenes on a train, and introducing a sexy/sassy girl who we're meant to think might actually be the mother.

Sounds like Chronos Ruler.

[url]anime#18936
[/url]
Piglet the Grate

PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2021 11:44 pm Reply with quote
At about 0:07 in this Japan National Tourism Organization video, people (sadly not Asuka telling Shinji to stop being a brat and get inside) are on a approximate full scale model of Eva 01. What is the location (please do not reply "GeoFront").

https://youtu.be/EHX2t2cfrFU
Piglet the Grate

PostPosted: Sat Nov 13, 2021 11:27 am Reply with quote
bonbonsrus wrote:

I had to look this up, looks like Toei Kyoto Studio Park, also known as Toei Uzumasa Eigamura. Looks cool!!

¥1,000 beyond general park admission for the EVA attraction. Odd choice for a place specializing in sets for historical films, as well as quintuplets tormenting their tutor during the obligatory rom-com high school class trip episode.

bonbonsrus wrote:

Which reminds me that I just finally watched all the Evangelion movies last week. I had only seen the first 2 since they were coming out SO slowly, and so I had to re-watch the first 2 and then watch the last two. I enjoyed them, different tone and much more hopeful than the series. Both have something to offer I suppose...even if nostalgia is a BIG part of what it offers to me.

You Can (Not) Skip Watching the Evangelion Movies

I missed the angels that were in the original but got trimmed from the reboot.

3.0 You Can (Not) Redo bothered me to the point where I hoped Shinji would trigger 4th Impact in response to the way he was being (mis)treated. Thankfully that was corrected in 3.0+1.0 Thrice Upon A Time where people returned to being as they were in both the first two reboot movies and the original series.
Errinundra

PostPosted: Sun Nov 14, 2021 7:39 am Reply with quote
Sorry about the stuff up. The response from bonbonsrus can be found here.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
erzane

PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2021 4:30 pm Reply with quote
Hi there,
What's the name of the geant mechas destroying Olympus at the end of the Aramaki's movie? I didn't find any precisions about them there https://appleseed.fandom.com
Thanks!
nvshield

PostPosted: Sat Nov 20, 2021 3:14 pm Reply with quote
Hello All,

I really come to you on this forum as my final attempt to identify or find out the name of this anime. I saw this anime as a child (6yrs old) growing up in the 90's and I will try to write the plot as much as i can clearly remember it. The anime was broadcast on TV in a few parts (3 or maybe 4 episodes) so I dunno if it was a movie that was cut into multiple parts or if it was an OVA and I assumed its cassic (as in pre-90's) so here goes my attempt:

It is a war between two humanoid tribes, the first tribe are clearly human in appearance they scavange around the world while advanced robots patrol that shoots them on site if they go certain areas, these "humans" clearly have a primitive or basic form of technology (guns and rifles if i remember correctly) the protagonist is a young male and we follow him through one of these scavenging hunts where he encounter advanced robotics (some flying) that shoot lasers, I dunno much of the middle plot of what happens but i do know he encounters a masked "humanoid" and when he unmasks her it is revealed that she is also a female human not some type of robot, the two nations are at war with each other for centuries, but the young male and female protagonists fall in love and try to run away (maybe? not sure) what I am sure of is the ending is thet the male protagonist always carried a necklace around his neck in the shape of horn and while him and the female were trying to escape they go deeper into the "technological city" of the other nation. In there they both stumble across a statue of a Narwhal (horned whale) that is missing its horn. when the Boy realizes this he takes his necklace and places it into the statue , this in turn activates some sort of mechanism and a huge wall/gate that seperated these two nations opens up and they realize that both nations are humans that have descended from the same civilisation, and finally there is peace.

ps: right before the gate/ wall opening the "primitive" humans had stumbled on an ancient army depot or something they found a bunch of mechanised tanks and were gathering up to assault the "advanced" nation that was using robots and flysuits

pss: there might have been a whale that maybe saved the protagonists in its mouth at some point??? (maybe)
psycho_kenshin

PostPosted: Thu Nov 25, 2021 11:38 pm Reply with quote
nvshield wrote:
Hello All,
pss: there might have been a whale that maybe saved the protagonists in its mouth at some point??? (maybe)

Just a shot in the dark guess, but Blue Submarine No. 6? It involves whales, it may involve tribes, was on TV, been a long time since I saw it.
Beltane70

PostPosted: Fri Nov 26, 2021 1:13 am Reply with quote
psycho_kenshin wrote:
nvshield wrote:
Hello All,

Just a shot in the dark guess, but Blue Submarine No. 6? It involves whales, it may involve tribes, was on TV, been a long time since I saw it.

While I don't know the anime title that nvshield is looking for, I can say with 100% certainty that it's not Blue Submarine No. 6.
TF

PostPosted: Sat Nov 27, 2021 4:08 am Reply with quote
erzane wrote:
Hi there,
What's the name of the geant mechas destroying Olympus at the end of the Aramaki's movie? I didn't find any precisions about them there https://appleseed.fandom.com
Thanks!

Is it this: Urban Defense Mech Prototype B-Q3?
http://cdn30.us1.fansshare.com/image/appleseedalpha/appleseed-final-films-like-326732083.jpg
nvshield

PostPosted: Sat Nov 27, 2021 5:44 pm Reply with quote
There was a "whale" but the whale was not integral to the story line. the main thing was the necklace that united the 2 tribes showing common ancestry. Its a really old anime and most likely very obscure
Errinundra

PostPosted: Sat Nov 27, 2021 6:09 pm Reply with quote
The ANN search box at the top of the page is your friend. I typed in Narwhal and found the following posts:

1. The question has been asked before, also unsuccessfully: here.

2. But, this character guessing game sequence just might have your answer.

Here's a link to the ANN encyclopaedia page.

There isn't a page on Wikipedia but The Anime Encyclopaedia has an entry.
Quote:

WATT PO AND US
1988. JPN: Watt Po to Bokura no Ohanashi. AKA: The Story of Us and Watt Po; Watt Poe. Video. DIR: Shigenori Kageyama. SCR: Shozo Uehara. DES: Mutsumi Inomata, Shohei Kohara, Takahiro Tomoyasu, Torao Arai. ANI: Mutsumi Inomata. MUS: Satoshi Kadokura. PRD: Diva, Konami. 55 mins.

The life of a tiny fishing village is disrupted when Watt Po, a horned white whale who is the village’s guardian spirit, vanishes. The creature used to attract fish for the people to catch. Local boy Jam, hearing strange music wafting down from the mountains, sets out with three friends and his dog in search of the sound. Attacks by monsters scare his friends away, but he finds a mountain lake where a lovely young girl called Selene is playing music to Watt Po. At first she’s afraid and tries to flee in winged armor. Her people, the Birdoes, are technologically far in advance of the village folk, but they hid inside the mountain generations ago after a terrible war devastated and polluted the land. They used their power of flight to bring Watt Po from the sea to the landlocked lake. Selene and Jam decide to rescue Watt Po and try to bring their peoples back together, but Jam’s disappearance is arousing old hatreds and may even rekindle the long-ago war.

An eco-saga with a strong antiwar message in the vein of FUTURE BOY CONAN and GREEN LEGEND RAN, it fails to match up to the same team’s work on WINDARIA and LEDA: THE FANTASTIC ADVENTURE OF YOHKO.

Clements, Jonathan. The Anime Encyclopedia, 3rd Revised Edition: A Century of Japanese Animation . Stone Bridge Press. Kindle Edition.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
nvshield

PostPosted: Sat Nov 27, 2021 8:11 pm Reply with quote
Errinundra wrote:
The ANN search box at the top of the page is your friend. I typed in Narwhal and found the following posts:

1. The question has been asked before, also unsuccessfully: here.

2. But, this character guessing game sequence just might have your answer.

Here's a link to the ANN encyclopaedia page.

There isn't a page on Wikipedia but The Anime Encyclopaedia has an entry.
Quote:

WATT PO AND US
1988. JPN: Watt Po to Bokura no Ohanashi. AKA: The Story of Us and Watt Po; Watt Poe. Video. DIR: Shigenori Kageyama. SCR: Shozo Uehara. DES: Mutsumi Inomata, Shohei Kohara, Takahiro Tomoyasu, Torao Arai. ANI: Mutsumi Inomata. MUS: Satoshi Kadokura. PRD: Diva, Konami. 55 mins.

The life of a tiny fishing village is disrupted when Watt Po, a horned white whale who is the village’s guardian spirit, vanishes. The creature used to attract fish for the people to catch. Local boy Jam, hearing strange music wafting down from the mountains, sets out with three friends and his dog in search of the sound. Attacks by monsters scare his friends away, but he finds a mountain lake where a lovely young girl called Selene is playing music to Watt Po. At first she’s afraid and tries to flee in winged armor. Her people, the Birdoes, are technologically far in advance of the village folk, but they hid inside the mountain generations ago after a terrible war devastated and polluted the land. They used their power of flight to bring Watt Po from the sea to the landlocked lake. Selene and Jam decide to rescue Watt Po and try to bring their peoples back together, but Jam’s disappearance is arousing old hatreds and may even rekindle the long-ago war.

An eco-saga with a strong antiwar message in the vein of FUTURE BOY CONAN and GREEN LEGEND RAN, it fails to match up to the same team’s work on WINDARIA and LEDA: THE FANTASTIC ADVENTURE OF YOHKO.

Clements, Jonathan. The Anime Encyclopedia, 3rd Revised Edition: A Century of Japanese Animation . Stone Bridge Press. Kindle Edition.

You sir/miss are the best !!! it IS the anime of my childhood!!!!!! <3 thank you so much
Ignatz

PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2021 2:41 pm Reply with quote
Hello. So this is gonna be really vague, but I keep remembering this one obscure anime, and not being able to find it is driving me crazy. Basically, all I remember is that it's some kind of sci-fi (or maybe fantasy) movie/OVA (definitely not a series) where some crew of people meet a white haired boy with possibly superhuman strength, who I think saves the crew from a group of monsters, all of this happening in some open area, maybe a desert. The next thing I remember is during the night after they meet, when everyone is sleeping, the main heroine from the crew goes outside for a walk, and sees the white haired boy, and they have some personal conversation. Next I think they all go to some town, and all sorts of politics happen.

Finally, and this is gonna sound really weird, but it's the most specific detail that I remember, at the end of the story I remember how the main heroine (the same one that had a conversation with the white haired boy at the beginning) once again finds herself in some open area, and she walks to some kind of technological structure (maybe a mecha) that she intends to fuse with, and as she tries to do it (walking to some specific spot and then standing/sitting there), as part of the fusing process she gets stabbed through the back of her neck. I don't think she dies tho.

Also, I remember the animation being quite modern, comparable to, say, Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood. Any guesses?
UFX

PostPosted: Sat Dec 18, 2021 3:45 pm Reply with quote
I can not find the music at the end of :
Toaru Kagaku no Railgun T - Episode 5

If anyone have an idea it would be so kind Wink
Ignatz

PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2022 3:33 pm Reply with quote
Where is this from?
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 565 of 569