• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
EP. REVIEW: The Faraway Paladin

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Covnam

PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2021 6:15 pm Reply with quote
Netero wrote:
I wonder if he'll ever make it to the late Count Dagger's mansion?

My thoughts exactly. I hope that's a story we get to see, though I imagine if that does happen in the source, it probably isn't soon.
Picky33

PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2021 7:40 am Reply with quote
Reviewer wrote:
is that due to them being younger and perhaps less set in their ways, or is this an example of oral history warping over time?
I believe Will did say he the suspects it was a result of the telephone game

Covnam wrote:
Netero wrote:
I wonder if he'll ever make it to the late Count Dagger's mansion?

My thoughts exactly. I hope that's a story we get to see, though I imagine if that does happen in the source, it probably isn't soon.
Knowing that this anime is scheduled for 2 cours, I believe it will probably happen around episode 18-19.
Aerodynamic41

PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2021 7:55 am Reply with quote
Picky33 wrote:
Knowing that this anime is scheduled for 2 cours, I believe it will probably happen around episode 18-19.

It's not. The Blu-Ray release is listed with 12 episodes spread across 2 volumes. It's very likely only going to adapt the first 2 volumes of the novels. Not that I'm complaining because the end of Vol. 2 actually makes a good stopping point for the anime.
Nordhmmer

PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2021 5:18 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
This week we see our fully formed adventuring party reach Whitesails -

That's incorrect,party is not yet fully formed- two more additions going by the opener.
Picky33

PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2021 8:05 am Reply with quote
Aerodynamic41 wrote:
Picky33 wrote:

It's not. The Blu-Ray release is listed with 12 episodes spread across 2 volumes. It's very likely only going to adapt the first 2 volumes of the novels. Not that I'm complaining because the end of Vol. 2 actually makes a good stopping point for the anime.

Must have gotten it confused with another isekai, thanks for clarifying.

This Weeks Episode Felt Really fast paced compared to the rest of the series
zztop

PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2021 9:47 am Reply with quote
Picky33 wrote:
Aerodynamic41 wrote:
Picky33 wrote:

Also to add, the author only has 4 volumes out so far.

spoiler[Vol 3 (published as 2 books) is one entire new story arc.
Vol 4 is like a sidestory collection, taking place after Vol 3's events.]

Vol 5 is still a work in progress, delayed for a long time due to author's struggle with adjustment disorder.
Fluwm

PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2021 1:14 pm Reply with quote
zztop wrote:
Picky33 wrote:
Aerodynamic41 wrote:
Picky33 wrote:

Also to add, the author only has 4 volumes out so far.

spoiler[Vol 3 (published as 2 books) is one entire new story arc.
Vol 4 is like a sidestory collection, taking place after Vol 3's events.]

Vol 5 is still a work in progress, delayed for a long time due to author's struggle with adjustment disorder.

Has this scene happened in the LNs yet? It's been so long since I've read them that all I can remember is that feeling of anticipation we're already getting now in the anime.
Covnam

PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2021 5:02 pm Reply with quote
Enjoyed the episode, though his line going "And that's I how became the Faraway Paladin" felt really odd. Like something you'd hear in a parody series.

Last edited by Covnam on Sun Jan 02, 2022 7:05 pm; edited 1 time in total
Picky33

PostPosted: Fri Dec 31, 2021 9:31 am Reply with quote
Covnam wrote:
Enjoyed the episode, though his line going "And that's I how became the Faraway Paladin" felt really odd. Like something you'd here in a parody series.

People have been complaining that the series is very generic or stereotypical isekai for a while. That line seems to be another example of the stereotype in this series.
Casval Rem Deikun

PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2022 4:41 pm Reply with quote
Really weak ending, and things were definitely skipped and not as fleshed out. For people who enjoyed it, I recommend checking out the volume 1 and 2 of the light novel. After that I find the series to dip pretty hard.
Covnam

PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2022 8:05 pm Reply with quote
Yeah, I didn't think they episode was bad, but I agree that they were clearly trying to get to a specific point to end the season on.

Quote:
“Relying on others is important… and that's why Meneldor and I are going off to fight the chimera by ourselves, I guess.”

Yeah, and they also mentioned how they got their first; as if they were in a race with the others and had a reason to leave their forces behind...
jdnation

PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2022 10:28 pm Reply with quote
Well it started really strong, ended much more weakly, but still in an intriguing spot that feels more like a mid season point. Another season is coming so I'm in. Hopefully it goes better. The show holds a lot of promise.
Picky33

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2022 8:40 am Reply with quote
i haven't heard any news about another season coming but maybe i missed it.

The series finally felt like it was coming into it's own, I've said before the opening arc was too many episodes and it feels now that the season has ended it's moving on from generic isekai to fleshing out some of its own quarks. i'd give the series a 6 out of 10. it had potential but never fully executed it.

My big problem with the ending was while they were fighting the chimera the one dude some how killed the demon (who looked like a dragon) and no one thinks that's suspicious, you some how get past the chimera and kill the demon with one swipe.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3