• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Shinchan in The Netherlands (Europe) | Crayon Shin-Chan discussion

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mega-Chu

PostPosted: Sun Dec 26, 2021 1:21 pm Reply with quote
Fans are currently trying to get the series "Shinchan" back on television in The Netherlands. There have been multiple options calculated for this:

- Reruns of the Dutch Vitello/Phuuz episodes (originally the later 90s episodes in Japan)
- Importing all Japanese episodes starting from episode 1 and either dub or subtitle these directly from the original Japanese version
- Importing all Japanese episodes starting from episode 1 and dub them with the Vitello music (probably the most expensive option)

It has however been a habit for countries that re-started airing the series to start airing from a later season and thus skipping a lot of episodes like when Vitello provided the episodes back in 2002.

In you are from The Netherlands and also want the series back on the air the best method would probably be to contact the channels of RTL through the emailadress [email protected] because the Dutch Disney channels that aired the series in the past do not have much viewers left. Plus the German channel RTL2 aired Crayon Shinchan around 15 years ago while the Dutch RTL channels have a past in airing childrens programming.

If you want new episodes dubbed it would be best to mention that you want the regular actress Melise de Winter to dub the Dutch voice of Shinchan again because the series has been off the air for a while which means a new channel could forget that the series already had a dubbed version.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=56BNcirfITk
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1