• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Yozakura Quartet Manga to Enter Final Arc This Year

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rob19ny

PostPosted: Sat Jan 01, 2022 4:18 am Reply with quote
Great news. I enjoyed the anime and wished it would continue. I'm thankful for the tsundere song. If the anime doesn't continue, I'll finish it this way.
Honeyman

PostPosted: Sat Jan 01, 2022 4:43 am Reply with quote
Glad to hear he's got an ending in mind. I've enjoyed the guy's art for years and the town the manga's set in is always interesting to read about. I'll have to look into getting some of the more recent volumes as I have up to vol.23 or 24.

Hopefully there will be another anime series for this once the conclusion is on the horizon. The original voice actors are still working so it could happen.
Jex2193

PostPosted: Sat Jan 01, 2022 6:34 am Reply with quote
The blurb/subtitle says the manga started in 2016 when it should say 2006. Disappointed this series didn’t time travel to get an anime.
mewpudding101
Industry Insider

PostPosted: Sat Jan 01, 2022 6:57 am Reply with quote
Jex2193 wrote:
The blurb/subtitle says the manga started in 2016 when it should say 2006. Disappointed this series didn’t time travel to get an anime.

Yeah, this. The manga has been running for way longer than 5 years.
MrTerrorist

PostPosted: Sat Jan 01, 2022 7:19 am Reply with quote
Wow, after all of these years it's finally coming to an end. I hope they make a new anime on this manga.
killjoy_the

PostPosted: Sat Jan 01, 2022 8:23 am Reply with quote
I feel like we've gotten this news already in the past, or was it the volume afterword where the author mentioned he only had a couple of volumes left?
MagicPolly

PostPosted: Sat Jan 01, 2022 12:11 pm Reply with quote
Looks like I should get around to reading it soon then
Honeyman

PostPosted: Sat Jan 01, 2022 1:13 pm Reply with quote
killjoy_the wrote:
I feel like we've gotten this news already in the past, or was it the volume afterword where the author mentioned he only had a couple of volumes left?

I'm assuming he's aiming to release 30 volumes or thereabouts to wrap it up. It makes sense of the series has run its course and he wants to work on other things such as Bootsleg going forwards.
Covnam

PostPosted: Sat Jan 01, 2022 3:10 pm Reply with quote
A final arc that's going to last over a year needs some kind of promotion... I know! How about another season of the anime!
Crystalyn
ANN Managing Editor

PostPosted: Sat Jan 01, 2022 9:20 pm Reply with quote
Jex2193 wrote:

Thanks for pointing this out! The article itself still said 2006, this was just an oversight on my part for the blurb. It's been fixed.
JustinTaco

PostPosted: Sun Jan 02, 2022 9:57 pm Reply with quote
Honeyman wrote:
killjoy_the wrote:

I'm assuming he's aiming to release 30 volumes or thereabouts to wrap it up. It makes sense of the series has run its course and he wants to work on other things such as Bootsleg going forwards.

It's a shame, Yasuda is such a great artist (and storyteller, sometimes) but I find Bootsleg so so much less interesting and colorful than YZQ.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1