• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
EP. REVIEW: Komi Can't Communicate

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
earl.m

PostPosted: Mon Dec 27, 2021 4:56 pm Reply with quote
Thatguy3331 wrote:
earl.m wrote:
Or that of the token buxom character, who in an earlier era would have been a gyaru with a plunging cleavage line and too short skirt.

Uhm.... about that...spoiler[Manbagi exists.]

Thanks! spoiler[Manbagi - and the fact that the 2 most problematic and irritating characters Najimi and Yamai become less prominent -] is a major reason why I was thrilled to see the second season coming. Season 2 may be better than season 1.

However, spoiler[while Manbagi is a gyaru she isn't excessively curvy and her outfit isn't particularly skimpy]. Contrast with (for example) Aiura Mikoto of Saiki K, who - while not the only curvy girl in the cast thanks to Mera Chitaso - is definitely the only fanservice character in the show.
MFrontier

PostPosted: Mon Dec 27, 2021 5:35 pm Reply with quote
As sports day episodes go, this was really fun. They captured Netsuno really well and all the jokes landed quite well.

And of course the wholesome moments of Komi rooting for Tadano, everyone rooting for Komi, and Komi and Tadano exchanging bag straps...so heartwarming!
tintor2

PostPosted: Fri Dec 31, 2021 5:46 pm Reply with quote
Yeah, the pervertedness from Yamano is way too overthetop. She is almost the female version of Mineta from My Hero Academia and I would pay for a gag involving the two getting their asses kicked. While I enjoyed some parts of this episode, the school's obsession with Komi is almost Ranma levels of craziness but more awkward considering how the humor works.
MFrontier

PostPosted: Sun Jan 09, 2022 11:20 pm Reply with quote
As an adaption of the manga, I felt this was perfect and did a good job of bringing the series, the cast, and the stories to life and making them even more enjoyable.

I can't wait until the next cour!
Picky33

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2022 8:23 am Reply with quote
Overall it was a good anime, i think Netflix could do a better job at handling the subtitles for text signs and stuff, We know they heard us complain after the first episode. in my opinion it was an Average anime, a 7 out of 10, there were some pacing issues with some of the episodes but the animation in my opinion was spot on and sound effects/ sound track during the episodes was a plus. i don't think the OP or ED were memorable. we will see what happens when the next season comes out
Chiibi

PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2022 1:17 pm Reply with quote
The show was ok....even cute at times....but Yamai's presence, (and a few other characters) really drag it down for me. I wish death on her. What a horrible girl lol
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
Page 7 of 7