• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
GAME: Professor Layton and the Curious Village

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Polly E.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2008 6:15 pm Reply with quote
Picked this up with Apollo Justice last week and it's really cute. Hotel Dusk needed more logic puzzles and the like that this game has. Great stuff.
minakichan

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2008 6:27 pm Reply with quote
I've heard a LOT of hype on this game, so I've been very curious. Thanks for the review, I might check it out.
CloverKuroba

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2008 7:18 pm Reply with quote
I just beat Professor Layton last week. It's really cute and fun (and suprisingly challenging at times). I love the overall look of the game too, the animated sequences were very nice.
TheoryGirl

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2008 7:38 pm Reply with quote
I've been working on the game, and really enjoying it, too. Although I can't get that slide puzzle, no matter what I do.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
KabaKabaFruit

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2008 7:38 pm Reply with quote
Does Professor Layton sound like Bob the Builder?
vtnwesley

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2008 9:14 pm Reply with quote
I have to say I am curious. Between the nonstop rave reviews, and the huge display for it at Walmart, I suspect this game has to be interesting, if not great. Looks to have style and class if nothing else. Hope to play it sometime. Check out the DS demo units in stores to give it a shot (then wash your hands... thoroughly).
shirokiryuu

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2008 9:27 pm Reply with quote
Hahaha I think they were chicks and wolves, not sheep and wolves. But they were adorable chicks and wolves.

Hahah although i've just started this game, I'm really enjoying it. It reminds me how much I enjoy these type of these puzzles when I'm not doing them for school. Hahaha.
rizuchan
Collector Extraordinaire

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2008 9:45 pm Reply with quote
This game has just been advertised to death, and I've been kinda skeptical about it, because the descriptions on the advertisements make it sound something like Phoenix Wright without the court scenes, and kinda sounded like a game I'd buy, play a couple of times and then forget about.

This review, though, has really changed my mind. I absolutely love puzzle games like no ones business, and since I have an extra $50 thanks to my piggy bank and coinstar, I might just have to check this one out...

...As soon as I'm done beating Apollo Justice. Razz
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
lostinagoodbook

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2008 10:57 pm Reply with quote
LOVE this game and I can't wait until part 2 comes out. The only complaint I might have is that it is fairly short. I'd have loved it to be longer, but it does have some good replay value since once you've finished the main story there are still lots of puzzles to solve, and the ability to download a new puzzle from Nintendo using the Ds' wi-fi capabilities. Great little game.
FeralKat

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2008 11:39 pm Reply with quote
Finishing Apollo Justice left a sad, empty hole in my heart (don't get me wrong, I loved it!! It was just shorter than expected...), so I picked this up today. The animated cutscenes did me in! Too cute!! Wink
Polly E.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2008 12:30 am Reply with quote
FeralKat wrote:
Finishing Apollo Justice left a sad, empty hole in my heart (don't get me wrong, I loved it!! It was just shorter than expected...), so I picked this up today. The animated cutscenes did me in! Too cute!! Wink

Shorter than you expected? Wow. It feels just as long as the first three have been to me. I'm in the final investigation portion of the final case and I'm not getting that "this is too short" feeling.
Not a Jellyfish

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2008 12:47 am Reply with quote
I love this game! It deserves all the rave reviews and advertising it's been getting. Initially, we at the game store I work at didn't think it was going to sell very well. The only people who preordered it were all employees. But it's actually doing pretty well, and rightfully so. It's a rocking little game for puzzle and adventure fans alike. I love it.
skyechan

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2008 1:06 am Reply with quote
Professor Layton was awesome. :3 Now I just need to refill the hole in my wallet so I can get Apollo Justice. =w=;;
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
dtm42

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2008 1:24 am Reply with quote
Wow, your review makes this game seem like the child of Tetris and Myst. That is one legendary combination, in my opinion.

However, I do not understand the basis for the score you gave to this game. B+, and yet the review was so positive. What is up with that?
marie-antoinette

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2008 11:15 am Reply with quote
This does seem to be the latest hot DS game, so it's definitely on my to-buy list. After I get enough money together to buy Apollo Justice (I'm trying to hold out until I finally beat Phantom Hourglass first though...stupid temple -_-)
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2