• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Rent-A-Girlfriend Anime Season 2's Teaser Unveils July Premiere

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
09jcg

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2022 7:39 am Reply with quote
If there was ever a show that could use an anime original ending, this would be it....
Soulwarfare

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2022 8:43 am Reply with quote
09jcg wrote:
If there was ever a show that could use an anime original ending, this would be it....

True...

I feel like each chapter of the manga either adds nothing to the plot or is just dragging something that could be done in 3-5 chapters to like 20 chapters. Heck the author did a chapter where it was pretty much hentai...

The anime should just end it in season 2 for the love of god
Kadmos1

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2022 9:59 am Reply with quote
Soulwarfare wrote:
09jcg wrote:

True...

I feel like each chapter of the manga either adds nothing to the plot or is just dragging something that could be done in 3-5 chapters to like 20 chapters. Heck the author did a chapter where it was pretty much hentai...

The anime should just end it in season 2 for the love of god

That said hentai chapter was boundary-pushing for what a weekly shounen mag would allow.
MagicPolly

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2022 11:15 am Reply with quote
I don't read the manga but after the outcry I read the newest chapter and man, I have to hope they do an original ending with this season too lol
09jcg

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2022 11:23 am Reply with quote
The thing is, the manga actually has a really good natural stopping point. They just wouldn't let it end though and keep on milking this. After this season they should just make a movie adaptation of the film arc and put this to bed.
Blanchimont

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2022 12:09 pm Reply with quote
MagicPolly wrote:
I don't read the manga but after the outcry I read the newest chapter and man, I have to hope they do an original ending with this season too lol

The reason for the outcry (warning, heavy spoiler) spoiler[He gets a hard on imagining his 'girlfriends' getting 'done' by others. Meanwhile, his own progress in relationships is a round zero after +200 chapters...]
It has nice art, and considering its 'popularity' there are times when I think I really should give it a chance. And then I read the current chapter of the time, and realize why I never did give it a chance those previous times...
Angel M Cazares

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2022 12:28 pm Reply with quote
Blanchimont wrote:
MagicPolly wrote:

The reason for the outcry (warning, heavy spoiler) spoiler[He gets a hard on imagining his 'girlfriends' getting 'done' by others. Meanwhile, his own progress in relationships is a round zero after +200 chapters...]
It has nice art, and considering its 'popularity' there are times when I think I really should give it a chance. And then I read the current chapter of the time, and realize why I never did give it a chance those previous times...

So fans don't like spoiler[NTR content]. How weird.
Blanchimont

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2022 12:32 pm Reply with quote
Angel M Cazares wrote:

Considering how popular the manga is(I'd really like to know why?) seems a lot of fans do or at least don't mind it...
MFrontier

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2022 5:39 pm Reply with quote
Definitely emphasizing what fans enjoy the most (the girls), although I'm kind of amazed they actually had Sumi getting out his name.
Chiibi

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2022 5:50 pm Reply with quote
Chizuru's backstory is actually pretty engaging and the strongest parts of the manga, emotionally. So season 2 should be rather solid. You know....before the manga really went downhill after those events. Rolling Eyes

(Sumi is still best girl Crying or Very sad )
rickyc

PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2022 7:27 pm Reply with quote
Blanchimont wrote:
Angel M Cazares wrote:

Considering how popular the manga is(I'd really like to know why?) seems a lot of fans do or at least don't mind it...

As someone who reads the manga, I can only say, personally, I don't like spoiler[NTR content] but when you are 200+ chapters into a manga, I just find it really hard to stop. I have to know what happens. Razz

As to the rest of this thread, yes, it just needs to end after a season two and a movie. The manga goes downhill real quick and drags things way out.

Also agree, Sumi is best girl.
Shiggity

PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2022 3:38 am Reply with quote
Yaaaasssss!!!
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1