• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
EP. REVIEW: Restaurant to Another World Season 2

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Redbeard 101
Oscar the Grouch
Forums Superstar

PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2021 12:48 am Reply with quote
Covnam wrote:
Quote:
It's only in the company of the various denizens of his sprawling world that he sits down and eats the world's most delicious looking quiche. (And I say that as someone who can't tolerate eggs due to scent sensitivities.)

I don't really care for shrimp myself, but I love quiche and the one shown/described in this episode really gave me some hunger pangs Laughing

The only thing stopping me from having quiche every week is the fat/calories lol. It's a very versatile dish. I happen to love eggs in most forms as well, so that doesn't hurt. As for the shrimp part, I might have to try that. There's a sort of unspoken "rule" often within the culinary field (not all abide by this idea) that cheese and seafood don't mix. Beyond your everyday weeknight breaded fish filet at home with a slice on top. Normal unbreaded seafood. I have had several dishes that broke that rule and were quite good. I think the shrimp with some cheese, potatoes, and herbs in quiche form could work well. Maybe even put some smoked salmon on it.

I really need to stop watching this show, and looking at discussions on it, late at night. Almost 1am and now I want quiche dammit.
Picky33

PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2021 7:27 am Reply with quote
Redbeard 101 wrote:
There's a sort of unspoken "rule" often within the culinary field (not all abide by this idea) that cheese and seafood don't mix.

I kinda of doubt that rule. Shrimp and Grits is a common dish and it's usually packed with Cheese. Same with stuffed Flounder and Other fish. it's definitely less common

The thing that surprised me the most this episode was finding out that Kuro could talk with Gaganpo aka Omlette Rice. I had assumed he was a simple creature but hearing him talk changed my mind and the VA for Gananpo was super deep, so it was a total shock.

I really enjoyed the format of one episode rolling directly into the other.

Can the Reviewer make a prediction on whether or not there is enough source material to another season? You've been directly comparing it to the source material so you would have a good grasp of what stories have been told and what haven't
Reibubba

PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2021 8:42 am Reply with quote
Every now and again you need a warm, fluffy, feelgood anime - especially in the current climate. Konohana Kitan did the same thing, though maybe in a more melancholy way.

Hoping this gets another season, I'd love to see more developments in the characters.
Picky33

PostPosted: Wed Dec 22, 2021 10:59 am Reply with quote
i honestly wish the last episode was split into 2 episodes, this is the first time i felt both episodes were too fast paced and big points were just glossed over.

The best part of the episode was when the master brought out the cake knife and everyone in the party freaked out.

i enjoyed this season, but i don't foresee it getting a 3rd
Atharva Haldule

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2022 4:00 am Reply with quote
This second season was the best and had much better storyplot than the first one. I enjoyed the episodes of it to the fullest while eating my lunch every day it makes my lunch much tastier. I would like another season of this anime where families of all the people comming there also come and shareef's marriage happens in another world and i hope that the owner chef gets to know about the reality of his grandfather that he was a hero in another world that's why I would like to watch a season 3 of isekai shokudou. Also I wonder that what will happen if the owner gets married and how his wife and his daughter in future will react after knowing the fact that their hotel is connected to other world. So Jumpei-San I'm really looking forward to season 3 of isekai shokudou
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3