• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Goro Taniguchi's Estab-Life Project Unfolds as April TV Anime, Game, Anime Film

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
anstar019

PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2022 8:24 am Reply with quote
The anime better not be Takt OP 2.0. With Artifical Intelligence for music.

Quote:
Taniguchi acknowledged that this is his first anime that is primarily 3D CG.

Hmm, that's intresting if it's anything like D4DJ then it's alright.

Quote:
Hiroyuki Hashimoto (Is the order a rabbit?, Slow Start) is directing the anime at Polygon Pictures

Now i am worried about CG, he hasn't worked on lot of CG shows. And, Him being a CGDCT connoisseur makes it worse.
donhumberto

PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2022 8:56 am Reply with quote
Meh, this looks like ultra generic otaku trash. I was somewhat interested in the announcement because of Goro Taniguchi's involvement but yeah... not touching this with a ten foot pole
Todd_Harry08

PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2022 9:48 am Reply with quote
donhumberto wrote:
Meh, this looks like ultra generic otaku trash. I was somewhat interested in the announcement because of Goro Taniguchi's involvement but yeah... not touching this with a ten foot pole

He probably isn't involved much in it as he's busy with working on the new one piece movie.
jroa

PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2022 10:31 am Reply with quote
Shoji Gatoh working on the scripts is interesting. I've generally enjoyed his writing in the past, so I am reasonably open-minded in that respect towards this project. Can't really attempt to judge the premise at this stage, at least other than in the most cursory of ways.

That said...when you have anime projects with two directors on board it's always a curious situation in my opinion, because it can be hard to really determine where their respective responsibilities begin and end. You can easily either give too much or too little credit to one of the two individuals.

It would appear that Taniguchi came up with the initial idea and Hashimoto is actually going to be responsible for implementing it in his own way for the TV series. With that in mind, it seems the film part of this project will be more clear-cut, given that Taniguchi is apparently both writing and directing that one as opposed to the anime series.

I am definitely more interested in the One Piece Red movie as far as Goro Taniguchi's upcoming anime productions are concerned, but I'll still check out this one.
MFrontier

PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2022 11:39 am Reply with quote
A multi-media project with various protagonists showing off various Japan locales? Seems like it could be interesting.
DevilBrew

PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2022 12:16 pm Reply with quote
"Taniguchi acknowledged that this is his first anime that is primarily 3D CG."

Did he forget he directed Revisions? I know revisions is underrated, but it would be beyond embarrassing if it's OWN DIRECTOR forgot about it.

Multimedia anime project usually have an extremely short shelf life so I hope Estab life can be above average. The art design already seems good so now it needs really good script writing.
Rob19ny

PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2022 1:18 pm Reply with quote
It's GOATro Taniguchi, so I'll check it out. Taniguchi came up with it, but is working on the movie means something big happens in that. The movie is what I'm mainly interested in, but of course, I'll have to watch the tv series first because it'll be connected.

Todd_Harry08 wrote:
donhumberto wrote:

He probably isn't involved much in it as he's busy with working on the new one piece movie.

Did you read the entire article?

Quote:
Finally, Taniguchi is personally directing and writing Eiga Estab-Life: Revengers' Road (Estab-Life the Movie: Revengers' Road)
jroa

PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2022 3:42 pm Reply with quote
DevilBrew wrote:

Did he forget he directed Revisions? I know revisions is underrated, but it would be beyond embarrassing if it's OWN DIRECTOR forgot about it.

I think it's more likely that the translator may have slightly misunderstood the exact context of the statement considering this was from a streamed event, I believe.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1