• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Live-Action Dragonball Casts Ghostbusters' Ernie Hudson

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
GATSU

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2008 4:02 am Reply with quote
It's pretty obvious who he's gonna be: Mr. Satan.
britannicamoore

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2008 4:18 am Reply with quote
Fill me in GATSU on why you say that? I was thinking maybe Android 8. Or the more obvious choice. Wink

I must have been elsewhere when they said Jamie Chung was going to be in the film. I didn't know being On the Real World made you an actress.

Oh wait...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
TokyoGetter

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2008 4:36 am Reply with quote
Guess Ernie is the only man who can take Billy Blanks' spot. It's like reverse Tarantino time here.

Jan Michael Vincent, you'll be getting a call pretty soon!
barashin

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2008 5:53 am Reply with quote
omg this place is so behind when it comes to the live-action Dragonball news Shocked Laughing Laughing Laughing Some people are already saying that ernie might play Mr. Popo, not because of the color of his skin but a very specific role he plays in the movie, that's as close to that of Popo, yet not quite exact
testorschoice

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2008 6:03 am Reply with quote
barashin wrote:
omg this place is so behind when it comes to the live-action Dragonball news Shocked Laughing Laughing Laughing Some people are already saying that ernie might play Mr. Popo, not because of the color of his skin but a very specific role he plays in the movie, that's as close to that of Popo, yet not quite exact

Is there a place that confirmed Ernie's role? Without proof, it's rumor, not news.
barashin

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2008 6:12 am Reply with quote
testorschoice wrote:
barashin wrote:

Is there a place that confirmed Ernie's role? Without proof, it's rumor, not news.

http://www.dragonballmovieblog.com/

Read em and weep. That site is pretty accurate thus far... You want proof? visit the site...

spoiler[Ernie Hudson Joins Dragonball

Movieland is reporting that actor Ernie Hudson (Ghostbusters) has joined the cast of Dragonball.

Translated: "We can not say much for the participation of Ernie in the film, only that his character will be an altar boy in a temple, which comes Gokú (Justin Chatwin) and his friends, who must support," says Luis Reyes, representing 20th Century Fox.]
testorschoice

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2008 6:55 am Reply with quote
barashin wrote:

Read em and weep. That site is pretty accurate thus far... You want proof? visit the site...

Movieland is reporting that actor Ernie Hudson (Ghostbusters) has joined the cast of Dragonball.

Translated: "We can not say much for the participation of Ernie in the film, only that his character will be an altar boy in a temple, which comes Gokú (Justin Chatwin) and his friends, who must support," says Luis Reyes, representing 20th Century Fox.]

That's not "proof," just a blog retranslating another blog. Like that blog says in the very next line after the part you copied: "Let the speculation begin!"
wilson_x1999

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2008 10:37 am Reply with quote
barashin wrote:
... spoiler[Ernie Hudson Joins Dragonball

It's not that difficult: spoiler[It's Mr Popo]
Animefan16

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2008 10:46 am Reply with quote
testorschoice wrote:
barashin wrote:

That's not "proof," just a blog retranslating another blog. Like that blog says in the very next line after the part you copied: "Let the speculation begin!"

It's been cited by Funimation's DBZ site.
http://www.dragonballz.com/index.cfm?page=liveaction&CFID=2348590&CFTOKEN=85112929
Shadowrun20XX

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2008 11:27 am Reply with quote
IDK,Satan is the only one who would possibly bring a gun(as stated in the Funimation post Ernie did some gun training) to a martial arts battle.Satan and Grandpa Gohan can't exist in the same timeline.And why no Gohan?Have they announced Kami?Obviously if Piccolo is there,there would have to be Kami.Without Kami the dragonballs wouldn't exist.I would hope they wouldn't show Mr.Popo without him.Besides,Ernie would be watercan training not gun training if he were Mr. Popo.

[Off topic] The first DBZ action figures from Funimation,had guns with every character.Good times.
testorschoice

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2008 12:19 pm Reply with quote
Animefan16 wrote:
testorschoice wrote:

It's been cited by Funimation's DBZ site.
http://www.dragonballz.com/index.cfm?page=liveaction&CFID=2348590&CFTOKEN=85112929

A citation doesn't change the point that even this blog acknowledges that this bit was "speculation" until now.
barashin

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2008 1:26 pm Reply with quote
testorschoice wrote:
barashin wrote:

UUUHHH Sir, excuse me, when did I ever say that he'll definitly play Popo? You are getting so definsive all of a sudden, lighten up! Mad Didn't I just say that some people are already speculating ernie to play popo? I didn't say he WILL, try read before you get all definsive on me Mad and the only reason why they say that, is because of the character he plays in the movie, it's an altar boy? Do you know what an Altarboy is? I bet you don't, because if you did, you wouldn't be biting my ass right now...

Last edited by barashin on Tue Feb 26, 2008 1:31 pm; edited 2 times in total
Roy9076

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2008 1:26 pm Reply with quote
Everytime I see information and actors joining up on the Dragonball movie, I keep wondering "how?" All speculations aside, yeah, looks like he's going to play Popo. Shocked
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
testorschoice

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2008 1:31 pm Reply with quote
barashin wrote:
UUUHHH Sir, excuse me, when did I ever say that he'll definitly play Popo? You are getting so definsive all of a sudden, lighten up! Mad Didn't I just say that some people are already speculating ernie to play popo? I didn't say he WILL, try read before you get all definsive on me Mad and the only reason why they say that, is because of the character he plays in the movie, it's an altar boy? Do you know what an Altarboy is?

Just wondering where the need was to utter "omg," four mocking smilies, and "read em and weep" for the "proof" that even the cited blog (a translation of yet another blog) doesn't say it has. Wink
barashin

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2008 1:34 pm Reply with quote
testorschoice wrote:
barashin wrote:
UUUHHH Sir, excuse me, when did I ever say that he'll definitly play Popo? You are getting so definsive all of a sudden, lighten up! Mad Didn't I just say that some people are already speculating ernie to play popo? I didn't say he WILL, try read before you get all definsive on me Mad and the only reason why they say that, is because of the character he plays in the movie, it's an altar boy? Do you know what an Altarboy is?

Just wondering where the need was to utter "omg," four mocking smilies, and "read em and weep" for the "proof" that even the cited blog (a translation of yet another blog) doesn't say it has. Wink

You don't know what an altar boy is huh? figures Confused Im wasting my time here...

**walks away**
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3