• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Jujutsu Kaisen 0 Anime Film Opens in U.S., Canada on March 18

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CastMember1991

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2022 10:50 am Reply with quote
Watching the Jujutsu Kaisen anime right now, and I have to say that MAPPA is an awesome studio. I can't wait to see this film. Unrelated, but in a way it is because this is about MAPPA, I hope they do a sequel to the 1994 Tama and Friends anime as a follow up to Uchitama just like Ufotable worked on Fate/stay night: Unlimited Blade Works after working on Fate/Zero. I could see Takeshi and Emi (Tama and Momo's respective owners) being in middle school, and the new sequel addressing dark themes just like the 1994 series did.
Erufailon4

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2022 11:13 am Reply with quote
Quote:
The movie is also "coming soon" to theaters in the U.K., Ireland, Australia, New Zealand, France with CRG events, Germany, Belgium, Luxembourg, Austria, Switzerland, Sweden, Finland, Netherlands, French-speaking Africa ,and Latin America. Additional territories will be announced at a later date.

Has there ever been an anime movie release that wide announced all at once? 15+ countries, all theatrical releases coordinated by the same group (Funimation Global Group, I assume). Dunno about you but I've been pretty satisfied with the effects of the Funiroll merger so far.
anime-prime

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2022 1:04 pm Reply with quote
Erufailon4 wrote:
Quote:
The movie is also "coming soon" to theaters in the U.K., Ireland, Australia, New Zealand, France with CRG events, Germany, Belgium, Luxembourg, Austria, Switzerland, Sweden, Finland, Netherlands, French-speaking Africa ,and Latin America. Additional territories will be announced at a later date.

Has there ever been an anime movie release that wide announced all at once? 15+ countries, all theatrical releases coordinated by the same group (Funimation Global Group, I assume). Dunno about you but I've been pretty satisfied with the effects of the Funiroll merger so far.
The 24th movie of Detective Conan/Case Closed also got a really wide release, in many countries and languages (except America in English, possibly due to covid, but not sure. It was supposed to also screen last November, but got delayed again for some reason).
zero-r

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2022 1:16 pm Reply with quote
CastMember1991 wrote:
Watching the Jujutsu Kaisen anime right now, and I have to say that MAPPA is an awesome studio. I can't wait to see this film.....

Yes, especially the way they overwork their animators... that studio is awesome indeed... 5 stars rating.

You know who is actually awesome.... the animators (contract and/or fulltime) that work on the projects, not the studio that overworks them to death.
Arbalisk

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2022 1:24 pm Reply with quote
No 4dx release?
Honeyman

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2022 2:43 pm Reply with quote
Hope the UK release for the film isn't too far behind. This is one I'll be seeing on the next screen I can if its by the same team that produced the first season of the anime adaptation.
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2022 3:15 pm Reply with quote
STOKED!!!

I love any chance to see anime on the big screen. I'm a little disappointed the film doesn't involve the main storyline but I'm sure it will be highly entertaining, regardless.
CastMember1991

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2022 7:27 pm Reply with quote
zero-r wrote:
CastMember1991 wrote:
Watching the Jujutsu Kaisen anime right now, and I have to say that MAPPA is an awesome studio. I can't wait to see this film.....

Yes, especially the way they overwork their animators... that studio is awesome indeed... 5 stars rating.

You know who is actually awesome.... the animators (contract and/or fulltime) that work on the projects, not the studio that overworks them to death.

That's what I was trying to say. Not the studio itself, but the people and the ideas. The company really needs to stop treating its employees like scum.
xxmsxx

PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2022 3:12 pm Reply with quote
anime-prime wrote:
Erufailon4 wrote:
Has there ever been an anime movie release that wide announced all at once? 15+ countries, all theatrical releases coordinated by the same group .
The 24th movie of Detective Conan/Case Closed also got a really wide release, in many countries and languages (except America in English, possibly due to covid, but not sure. It was supposed to also screen last November, but got delayed again for some reason).

Yes. Conan M24 was delayed from April 2020 to April 2021. The film was completed by July 2021. Thus they were able to arrange with 19 same-day releases as well as 9 non-same day releases around the world theatrically.

Most of the releases belong to places that have places that have previously released Conan films in theatre except: France, Switzerland, Liechtenstein and New Zealand. North America is not on this simultaneous release list because we have never had a theatrical release before. We have only had an one-time convention screening back in 2019. I don't believe the Japanese production company is in the game to gamble the success of this franchise in North America with no past records. They make lots of money from China for this franchise already.

The AnimeNYC screening is not a theatrical release, but again an one-time convention screening. Like mentioned, it was cancelled at the last minute still with no official explanation on why.
InuKag1

PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2022 3:44 am Reply with quote
OH YEAH!
JJRonald71

PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2022 3:23 pm Reply with quote
I was pleasantly surprised to read there will be English language dub screenings as well, since that's how I watched the series on Crunchyroll. Very Happy
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1