• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
EP. REVIEW: Delicious Party Precure

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
NG_Chloe

PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2022 9:48 am Reply with quote
Had a lot of fun with episode 2, just like episode 1. I liked that Mari actually kinda brought up that Yui is just a kid and this is dangerous, as opposed to immediately just letting her do what she'll be doing eventually and fighting.

Having Mari make her decision, while some might find it bothersome, makes her feel grounded as a character and really helps the team form.
Saeryen

PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2022 12:46 pm Reply with quote
I'm glad to see more people are watching this. It makes me hopeful that they'll check out the rest of the franchise.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
StarFan13

PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2022 6:12 pm Reply with quote
i like the eyecatch its kinda cute
livin_large wrote:
Is Mary really any different from other similar flamboyantly effeminate guys the franchisee has done before like Shut from Go Princess or Francois from Mahou Tsukai, or Henri from Hugtto? I guess he's a bit more goofy, but I find him entertaining.

yes he is. but unlike them (Shut and Francois) he's like Henri and for god's sake Rio from KiraKira A La Mode of course you didn't mentioned him. spoiler[ saw Pam-Pam wakes up hope we see Cure Spicy in no not next week in two weeks ]
StarFan13

PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2022 8:31 pm Reply with quote
Saeryen wrote:
I'm glad to see more people are watching this. It makes me hopeful that they'll check out the rest of the franchise.
actually i checked out on the rest was very challenging to watch every season to catch up to tropical rouge. liking many season let's go. futari wa and max heart good start i like that generation when shiny lumious is added to the duo and turned in a trio of precure. splash star the new nagisa and honoka have like different names like saki and mai plus they have two cure forms instead of just one underrated season for me. yes 5 and yes 5 GoGo another batch of cures just on the corner they have that mascot thats turn into human that's frist in the series and yes it's Milky Rose. Fresh "The fate of the Pretty Cure franchise once depended on the performance of this series, since it was an experimental work. If Fresh failed, it would have been the final season. If it had succeeded, the franchise would continue forever." Imagine what would've happened if Fresh failed- we would not Imagine it. heartcatch has a my favorite insert song HEART GOES ON darkest season ever. suite between episodes 7 and 8 it went to hiatus due to a earthquake plus they leaked fake cures like cure beat which has look different then the real one and Cure Symphony. Smile is a good season i would like delicous party to have a crossover on a movie like they did w/the Healin' Good and Tropical Rouge how dare they lack a mid-season cure like many seasons. Doki Doki cure Ace has a time limit for like 5 mintues but now w/the Eternal Golden Crown it's unlimited and also have a growth spurt. happiness charge did not know Cure Fortune has a sister thats is Cure Tender but tthere are so many precures in the season. Go Princess like fresh for having the same color formation but also have a cure thats been brainwashed. Maho Girls odd team combo like pink, purple and green, there's no blue cure or yellow cure like many others. Kira Kira A La Mode so glad when i'm at season after 12 season was crunchyroll so excited when they added that season in there. hugtto the have past cures as cameos just because it's an anniversary season. Star Twinkle liking about where green cures became so relevent i ship Hikaru/Lala so much and Yuni/Cure Cosmo is so inspiring meow. sorry puns Healin' Good after episode 12 they went to hiatus again due to Covid-19 made the season halted the productions but when the season returned on june 2020 w/ep 13 and anounced to add the season on Crunchyroll so excited when they streaming Precure in the West meaning that PreCure is worth Watching and Asumi/Cure Earth is inspiring. Tropical Rouge aired on the last week of February instead of the first week, making it the latest that the series has ever started. Also, I ship Manatsu/Laura so much and Luara/Cure La Mer is inspiring. lastly Delicious Party was so worried about crunchyroll adding the season until when it aires so what did you think when did you started watching Precure what is your favorite season pls reply back to me Saeryen
Saeryen

PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2022 12:47 am Reply with quote
StarFan13 wrote:
when did you started watching Precure what is your favorite season

I started when Healin' Good aired on Crunchyroll. So far I've seen that one, Kira Kira, Futari wa (but not Max Heart yet) and Tropical-Rouge. I'm currently watching Delicious Party and Go Princess.

My favorite season is Kira Kira and Pikario is one of my favorite characters EVER. Healin' and Tropical are also on my favorite anime list and Go Princess will probably join them. Futari wa was really good but IMO these other ones are a bit better. Also every single Pretty Cure is awesome and several of them are among my favorite characters in anime.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
wolf10

PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2022 7:58 am Reply with quote
If the licensing gods are listening, HeartCatch needs one! Also the movie! (And not just because it's a secret pilot episode for Miraculous Ladybug.) Probably the strongest individual season, but maybe that's just because it got a lot of non-fans watching.

I watched about 1/3 of Kira Kira when it was airing and lost track of it for some reason (I really should finish), and managed to follow half of HappinessCharge before its sins became too numerous to ignore. (The tragedy being that Cure Princess is one of my favorite Cures, she just deserved a better season. That "better season" being Little Witch Academia.)
StarFan13

PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2022 4:47 pm Reply with quote
so lets compare the length of episodes of that not have a 2nd main cure introduced yet until the said episode i'm not counting sequel seasons because they have the mid-generation cure introduced intsead of
the main cure lets begin Futari Wa, Splash Star, Suite, Doki Doki, Happiness Charge and Maho Girls N/A because they introduced together, Fresh, Smile, Go Princess, KiraKira A La Mode, Hugtto, and Star Twinkle 0 it comes shortly after the 1st episode of the season, HeartCatch, Healin' Good and Tropical Rouge just 1 episode, and Delicious 2 Episodes so we are getting Cure Spicy next week and we don't know when we get Cure Yum Yum yet i guess its episodes later
Saeryen

PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2022 6:00 pm Reply with quote
Kome-Kome absolutely HAS to be protected! She's such a precious fox child!

I'll be very interested to see what Kokone's life is like. It seems like she comes from a rich family but not one that has much time to spend with her, and I agree that during the scene of her eating dinner she seemed rather lonely. I wanted to hug her just then.

I also really want to see Takumi's transformation and know what his whole deal is involving Pretty Cure stuff, as well as the big bad's real motivation (because it's gotta be more sinister then "I want to try all kinds of cuisines," because anyone can do that without using dark magic).
StarFan13

PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2022 6:42 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
I'm not one hundred percent sure on this, but this may be the longest gap between Cures one and two making their appearances. While Kokone has certainly been present for all three episodes, she hasn't made her Cure debut yet, and that's interesting. It's also in line with older classic magical girl shows – the Sailor Guardians aren't necessarily introduced one right after the other in successive episodes, and the same is true for the introductions of Angels Peach and Lily in Wedding Peach, although Angel Daisy arrives in the episode directly following Angel Lily. (As a point of clarification, when I say “classic magical girl shows” I'm referring to those targeted at a child audience rather than those seeking to capture an older demographic.) It'll be interesting to see how long it takes Cure Yum Yum to come in once Cure Spicy is established. In any event, it's certainly not a bad thing to have this gap.
what about other magical girls shows like Ojamajo Doremi, Tokyo Mew Mew, Mermaid Melody etc. because they are also have teams i want to know the gaps of the leader and and the Teamates
Princess_Irene
ANN Reviewer

PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2022 7:06 pm Reply with quote
StarFan13 wrote:
what about other magical girls shows like Ojamajo Doremi, Tokyo Mew Mew, Mermaid Melody etc. because they are also have teams i want to know the gaps of the leader and and the Teamates

That's a good question - I'll try and figure that out later this week! (Unless someone else can answer it now; I have a full day of classes tomorrow so it'll take me a bit.)
Princess_Irene
ANN Reviewer

PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2022 4:51 pm Reply with quote
Okay, I had time to look into it, and here are the results:

Ojamajo Doremi - all three girls in quick succession
Tokyo Mew Mew - one new Mew per episode for the first three, then a gap before the fourth
Mermaid Melody Pitchi Pitchi Pitch - one per episode for first two, then a gap before the third

Interestingly, Daybreak Illusion and Wish Upon the Pleiades (which I wouldn't call classic magical girl shows) both have their main magical girl immediately stumble into a larger group of already established girls. Magical girl teams aren't quite as common as solo girls, such as Phantom Thief Jeanne, Saint Tail, Pretear, Princess Tutu, Nurse Angel Ririka, Pastel Yumi...the list goes on.

Two teams, Wedding Peach and Corrector Yui, have a new magical girl join in the second season; in the latter, one of the Correctors spends some time as a villain before being saved by the main girl.
Cutiebunny

PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2022 10:37 pm Reply with quote
Princess_Irene wrote:
Two teams, Wedding Peach and Corrector Yui, have a new magical girl join in the second season; in the latter, one of the Correctors spends some time as a villain before being saved by the main girl.

Don't forget about Sailor Moon. Not counting Chibiusa as she's not yet a senshi in R, Pluto shows up in Season 2, though her role is extremely limited.
StarFan13

PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2022 10:54 pm Reply with quote
Cutiebunny wrote:
Don't forget about Sailor Moon. Not counting Chibiusa as she's not yet a senshi in R, Pluto shows up in Season 2, though her role is extremely limited.
Season 3 adds uranus neptune and saturn and season 5 adds sailor starlights and chibi chibi
Princess_Irene
ANN Reviewer

PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2022 8:26 am Reply with quote
Cutiebunny wrote:

Don't worry, I didn't forget! I just assumed people remembered it better than the other series I was mentioning, so I left it off the list. Not brilliant of me in hindsight.
Saeryen

PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2022 2:35 pm Reply with quote
Episode 4: 10/10 amazing, Cure Spicy is the best and so is Cure Precious, and Pam-Pam is too adorable.

I also really enjoyed Cure Spicy's transformation sequence and how it has a few differences from Cure Precious's. And the bunny saving scene was so sweet.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 2 of 9