• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
EP. REVIEW: Delicious Party Precure

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
q_3

PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2022 2:59 pm Reply with quote
I like Spicy's pose entirely for the arbitrary reason that it reminds me of JoJo.
moony_badger

PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2022 3:06 pm Reply with quote
This is sort of my first encounter with Pretty Cure and I've been enjoying it a lot! (I say "sort of" because I'm also currently very very slowly working my way through the first season on crunchyroll) I had been tempted to jump in on Tropical Rogue but I dunno, something about the designs turned me off it? And it doesn't sound like I was missing out on too much.

I've really liked the bigger gap of episodes between introducing the new Cures. I think it really used its time well to set up Yui's character and relationships with Mari, Kome-Kome, and Takumi. It's nice to see a show aimed at families and young children be able to take its time and not rush every cast member onscreen as soon as possible.

Tbh though, I'm not wild about the narrator; I get that it's probably going to be Yui's grandmother (or an older current character from the future) but she doesn't seem to really add anything besides stating whatever surface level thing is going on onscreen.
StarFan13

PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2022 3:46 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
Yui insistence on helping is also important because it inspires Kokone to do the same when Gentlu attacks with a powered-up Ubau-zo made up of three Recipeppi.

normally those Ubau-zoes are made up of one Recipeppi but 3 seems too powerful for a Ubau-zo, unlike Cure Precious Cure Spicy has 2 colors instead of 1 . after 3 episodes of Strawberry Juice i finnally see Soda Pop on the ED so next is i think Yui is taking Kokone to Pretty Holic.
Saeryen

PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2022 3:49 pm Reply with quote
StarFan13 wrote:
normally those Ubau-zoes are made up of one Recipeppi but 3 seems too powerful for a Ubau-zo, unlike Cure Precious Cure Spicy has 2 colors instead of 1 . after 3 episodes of Strawberry Juice i finnally see Soda Pop on the ED so next is i think Yui is taking Kokone to Pretty Holic.

I am SO excited to see Pretty Holic in the next episode! And I wonder what Yum-Yum’s ED drink will be?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
StarFan13

PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2022 4:10 pm Reply with quote
Saeryen wrote:
I wonder what Yum-Yum’s ED drink will be?
whoa you're going too fast i think yum-yum's debut is ep 6 let's wait
Saeryen

PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2022 6:24 pm Reply with quote
StarFan13 wrote:
whoa you're going too fast i think yum-yum's debut is ep 6 let's wait

Goodness, I was just expressing some curiosity, not trying to rush things.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
StarFan13

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2022 6:34 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
(And yes, I've decided to go with the masculine pronouns to be in line with Crunchyroll's subtitles.)
way to say something about subtitles Rebecca Silverman
sourpatchthekid

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2022 10:27 pm Reply with quote
Ha I was honestly a little teary eyed by the ending of episode 5. It's good to watch something that's just nice
Saeryen

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2022 12:33 pm Reply with quote
sourpatchthekid wrote:
Ha I was honestly a little teary eyed by the ending of episode 5. It's good to watch something that's just nice

I know, right?

This franchise is healing to the soul.
Saeryen

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2022 10:05 pm Reply with quote
Tie-in film first look

I'm really excited! And it makes me feel like the series will be back pretty soon, which makes me happy. Pretty Cure is my world.
Saeryen

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2022 2:34 pm Reply with quote
It’s back and it’s kirakira sparkling! Deliciousmile!

Episode 6 was a wonderful Kokone-centric episode.
StarFan13

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2022 5:07 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
It's back! Delicious Party♡Precure has returned to remind everyone that you need to be careful on social media, because you never know if the bad guys are going to follow your Instagram feed to pick their targets. It's actually kind of a clever way to more fully introduce the girl who will become Cure Yum-Yum next week
wow didn't know that episode review mentioned some social media site like Instagram. spoiler[Ran was like going on the new record we are getting Yum-Yum next week]
Saeryen

PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2022 9:44 am Reply with quote
Yum-Yum is here and I love her!
moony_badger

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2022 1:03 pm Reply with quote
Ran was so much fun! This was a great introduction episode for her, especially after all the buildup of her being at restaurants where recpippis were being kidnapped in previous episodes.
StarFan13

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2022 2:49 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
It's taken seven episodes and an unfortunate break

what's an unfortunate break
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 3 of 9