• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
That Anime DVD/Video Game Sale Thread

Goto page Previous  

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Industry -> Retail
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Top Gun

PostPosted: Sun Dec 08, 2019 11:59 pm Reply with quote
Yeah, their promo e-mails made some big deal about "the holiday sale starts now!"...but then you look and all of the "Black Friday" and "Cyber Week" items are still listed, and it's the same exact format of daily deals and Viz weekly specials and the like. I'm not really sure why they pretend otherwise when it's been the same thing for the past 3 or 4 years now. Laughing I'd forgotten all about the super-crazy way they used to do things, though.

The thing I did only discover last year is that, while the items from each week remain on sale (except those on sale in limited quantities), there apparently is a bit of a price bump on the older items after their week is up. What I usually do is wait the whole week, and if there's no daily deal that makes me spring early, I'll place an order for that week on Saturday, before the next week's items are added.
Spastic Minnow
Bargain Hunter
Exempt from Grammar Rules

PostPosted: Fri Nov 27, 2020 2:00 pm Reply with quote
The highlight of Amazon's BF sale for me are the Ranma Standard BD sets at $22 each.

A bit disappointing that I won't be able to finish the limited edition sets but the only ones left are 4 & 5, and they're way overpiced on the secondary market.

https://www.amazon.com/deal/93cfa266/ref=gbps_tit___93cfa266?showVariations=true&smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER#
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Tony K.
Subscriber

PostPosted: Fri Nov 27, 2020 4:10 pm Reply with quote
Spastic Minnow wrote:
A bit disappointing that I won't be able to finish the limited edition sets but the only ones left are 4 & 5, and they're way overpiced on the secondary market.

You can also try Amazon Canada. I think I was missing 2 or 3 of the LE sets before they went out of print in the U.S., but I found them for slightly more than the retail price on Amazon.ca.

However, this was several years ago, so they're probably way harder or more expensive since then.
Spastic Minnow
Bargain Hunter
Exempt from Grammar Rules

PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2022 8:59 pm Reply with quote
Such a useful thread to go doormat.

If you're quick about it, the Dollar(ish) Tree has some titles available for $1.25
At my local ones--

BD:
Penguin Highway
Napping Princess
Sound Euphonium: the Movie (Our Promise...)
Digimon Tri: Coexistence
Digimon Tri: Confession

DVD:
Fireworks

I've also heard other locations have
Liz and the Blue Bird
Satellite Girl and Milk Cow
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Industry -> Retail All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  
Page 61 of 61