• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Animated Trigun the Movie Planned for 2009 in Japan

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
halo

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2008 11:26 am Reply with quote
Wow, I wondered recently what happened to this project. Now my only questions are: who will license it now that Geneon is gone and what are the odds whoever it is will be able to get the same dub cast?
BluMeino

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2008 11:31 am Reply with quote
All anime companies except Right Stuf, Media blasters, and anime works will die out before that.
BleuVII

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2008 11:35 am Reply with quote
Personally, I didn't find the original dub cast all that great. Whoever did Wolfwood was worth keeping, but I wouldn't shed a tear if Johnny Young Bosch was replaced.

Actually, that pretty much holds true for any anime that JYB was in. He is not bad by any means, but in almost every case, I could think of a more suitable voice for the character he played.
Vortextk

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2008 11:37 am Reply with quote
I'm sure if someone gets it they'll try for the same cast. Most companies are really good about that. I guess announcements like this is why we get "will there be more berserk?" all the time.
jeromeskee

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2008 11:43 am Reply with quote
This is great news! Good to see a classic like Trigun getting resurrected in animated form on the big screen.

Now that the Trigun Maximum manga has reached its end, maybe there's a chance that the TV series can be resurrected as well?
mufurc

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2008 11:45 am Reply with quote
Thought this would be an original story. I hope it will be good...

jeromeskee wrote:
Now that the Trigun Maximum manga has reached its end, maybe there's a chance that the TV series can be resurrected as well?

Why would it be? The series is over, it has a nice conclusion (at least I believe that what happens to the surviving characters from then on is completely irrelevant, as the story was about Vash's journey to that point), and there can be no sequel based on the manga either, for reasons obvious to everyone who has read/seen both. A new series could only be an original story, and we have the movie for that.

Last edited by mufurc on Wed Feb 27, 2008 11:48 am; edited 1 time in total
Seif

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2008 11:46 am Reply with quote
YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEES

This is my favorite anime ever.

If the original dub actors aren't present, heads will role.
DerekTheRed

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2008 12:03 pm Reply with quote
BleuVII wrote:
Personally, I didn't find the original dub cast all that great. Whoever did Wolfwood was worth keeping, but I wouldn't shed a tear if Johnny Young Bosch was replaced.

I whole heartedly second your sentiment. Trigun is one of the few anime titles where I've seen both the dubbed and subbed versions, and in this case I can definitely say that I'm a subtitle man. "Love and peace" just doesn't sound right unless it's in Engrish.
Elfen Noir

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2008 12:20 pm Reply with quote
That is great news! Yay! And I hope they get the original dub cast as I loved them! It wouldn't be the same without them. Really looking forward to this!
firedragon54738

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2008 12:28 pm Reply with quote
did he kick knife ass at the end the show so what is the movie going to be about
Zalis116

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2008 12:29 pm Reply with quote
BluMeino wrote:
All anime companies except Right Stuf, Media blasters, and anime works will die out before that.
Oh, I don't know, Central Park Media and Software Sculptors might be around too.
sanosuke32

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2008 1:14 pm Reply with quote
I hope they keep the same dub cast. Johnny Yong Bosch wasn't great as Vash but that was his first role, so he probably could improve big time if given the chance again.
Emerje

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2008 1:55 pm Reply with quote
mufurc wrote:

jeromeskee wrote:

Why would it be? The series is over, it has a nice conclusion (at least I believe that what happens to the surviving characters from then on is completely irrelevant, as the story was about Vash's journey to that point), and there can be no sequel based on the manga either, for reasons obvious to everyone who has read/seen both. A new series could only be an original story, and we have the movie for that.

Ever heard of Hellsing Ultimate? There's nothing stopping them from starting over again just like any other series that has gotten a reboot. I could easily see the movie being followed up with an OAV series that's faithful to the manga under the Trigun Maximum banner. Many of the manga fans weren't satisfied with the TV series content just like many of the Hellsing manga fans weren't happy with the Hellsing TV series. There have been many times in anime where one story has been remade in favor of another version of the same story, it isn't a stretch for them to do the same with Trigun.

Emerje
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
bonbonsrus

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2008 2:10 pm Reply with quote
Wow, it would be literally years before this ever gets a release here, yet I find myself already looking forward to it. I did so love Trigun.

I think JYB did fine as Vash and would love to see him in that role again for the record.
bahamut623

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2008 2:22 pm Reply with quote
Trigun movie AND a news Slayers series. 90s anime in the house!!!
Also, I can't wait for DH to release the last two volumes of Maximum. I saw the cover for the final volume, I love it.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3