• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Encyclopedia Relationships Error

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Bugs & Technical Questions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Samurai CDZ

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2004 12:53 am Reply with quote
Code:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
SELECT annAnime.id AS anime_id, annAnime.name AS anime_name, annAnime.anime_type, annAnime.keyword_precision, annAnime.not_an_anime, annAnimeRelationship.* FROM annAnimeRelationship LEFT JOIN annAnime ON annAnimeRelationship.anime1_id = annAnime.id WHERE annAnimeRelationship.anime2_id= ORDER BY annAnime.name
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Warning: mysql_fetch_array(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL result resource in /usr/domains/animenewsnetwork.com/htdocs/encyclopedia/anime-related.php on line 54

I'm getting this error on various titles in both anime and manga entries. I'm not sure if it has to do with th My Anime problem or not.

I got the error in El hazard: The Magnificent World but not in El Hazard - The Alternative World and both have relationships set up. I also got it in Naruto, X, Ah! My Goddess, etc.
Inu-Yasha

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2004 12:55 am Reply with quote
That code is almost everywhere...I hope it doesnt mess up any of the upcoming contributions I'm planning or the ones I've already done.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger My Anime My Manga
cookie
Former ANN Editor in Chief

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2004 5:27 am Reply with quote
Inu-Yasha wrote:
That code is almost everywhere...I hope it doesnt mess up any of the upcoming contributions I'm planning or the ones I've already done.

There's a brute force solution that I COULD do, but odds are that would break SOMETHING until we could get around to restoring it from a backup..

Unfortunately, the most recent backup I have is pretty old at this point. As such, it'd be better to hold off and see if Chris or Dan has something more recent.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Dan42
Chief Encyclopedist

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2004 9:28 am Reply with quote
This isn't a matter of restoring a backup, it's simply yet another example of me breaking the code. Fixed now.

gomen Rolling Eyes
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
TF

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2004 3:36 pm Reply with quote
sorry for being a pain in the behind,

but when you go to the encyclopedia and wana search for an anime by pressing a letter or so, you get this:
Warning: mysql_query() [function.mysql-query]: Unable to save result set in /usr/domains/animenewsnetwork.com/htdocs/php1/ann.connect.php on line 517

Warning: mysql_fetch_array(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL result resource in /usr/domains/animenewsnetwork.com/htdocs/encyclopedia/anime.php on line 527

but it only appears when you go search in the "#", "J" and "T" sections

Last edited by TF on Sat Jan 17, 2004 1:52 pm; edited 1 time in total
JETBLACK87

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2004 4:09 pm Reply with quote
The not anime but related and omnibus both say this:

Warning: mysql_query() [function.mysql-query]: Unable to save result set in /usr/domains/animenewsnetwork.com/htdocs/php1/ann.connect.php on line 517

Warning: mysql_fetch_array(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL result resource in /usr/domains/animenewsnetwork.com/htdocs/encyclopedia/anime.php on line 527[/url]
Samurai CDZ

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2004 9:41 pm Reply with quote
And, you get the following error when you go to the custom list sort:

SELECT annAnime.id AS anime_id, annAnime.name AS anime_name, annAnime.anime_type, annAnime.keyword_precision, annAnime.not_an_anime, annAnime.licensor_id, annAnime.relevance, annAnime.visit_counter, annAnime.production_date FROM annAnime ORDER BY name ASC
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Bugs & Technical Questions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1