• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
EP. REVIEW: Delicious Party Precure

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Princess_Irene
ANN Reviewer

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2022 4:55 pm Reply with quote
StarFan13 wrote:

what's an unfortunate break

The Toei hack that made us euphemistically take a break from the show.
Saeryen

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2022 5:36 pm Reply with quote
I feel like I want strawberry soda next time I watch this.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
StarFan13

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2022 9:05 pm Reply with quote
Saeryen wrote:

stawberry soda?
Saeryen

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2022 9:09 pm Reply with quote
StarFan13 wrote:
Saeryen wrote:

stawberry soda?

Because Cure Precious always talks about strawberry juice when she does the ED. I would love to watch this with some strawberry soda and a savory Japanese snack of some kind too.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
StarFan13

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2022 9:27 pm Reply with quote
Saeryen wrote:
StarFan13 wrote:
Saeryen wrote:

stawberry soda?

Because Cure Precious always talks about strawberry juice when she does the ED. I would love to watch this with some strawberry soda and a savory Japanese snack of some kind too.
i predict that wanted to see more of pineapple juice i knew yum-yum's drink because i watched the episode on yesterday
Saeryen

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2022 9:08 am Reply with quote
Regarding Episode 8, what I want to know is how spoiler[Amane] got mixed up in the Bundoru Gang. I’m also curious as to their nature; I’d assumed they were all spoiler[human like Amane] but Rebecca seems to think otherwise, though time will tell who’s right about that.

And still, what is Godatz and what is his real motivation?

Episode 8 was fantastic as usual.
StarFan13

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2022 1:53 pm Reply with quote
let's say about the end of the new episode ran was like a cowgirl when she was enjoying a burger and spoiler[Gentlu is Kasai Amane] we are getting a new vilian this weekend but i'm going to miss out on it (next episode)
Regalli

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2022 4:17 pm Reply with quote
Saeryen wrote:
Regarding Episode 8, what I want to know is how spoiler[Amane] got mixed up in the Bundoru Gang. I’m also curious as to their nature; I’d assumed they were all spoiler[human like Amane] but Rebecca seems to think otherwise, though time will tell who’s right about that.

And still, what is Godatz and what is his real motivation?

Episode 8 was fantastic as usual.

I know I’ve seen speculation that various members of the CooKingdom (captain of the guards, Queen, King… though why him, I wouldn’t know) are secret Bundoru Gang members. That said, they’ve clearly been active in Oishina Town for a while to have closed down restaurants over in Latin America Street. Even assuming there’s only ever one Recipeppi for a type of food in all the world, or at least Oishina Town, and stealing the one for tacos or the like would impact every restaurant that serves them, it’d take more than one off day to lose all their customers and close for good. Maybe the CooKingdom recruit is new to steal the recipe book and spoiler[everyone else is human like Amane.] But given how little respect Gentlu’s gotten for failing despite being the only one to have to fight the Precures, I wonder if spoiler[SHE’S the odd one out and only human, and only joined under duress - since so many local families own restaurants, maybe Amane’s in the same boat and the Bundoru gang threatened the Kasai’s business with Recipeppi theft unless she steals for them? Or at least the newbie to the team. Seriously Secretoru I’d like to see YOU do better.]

My opinion on the Curesta thing is that it’s not just Ran enjoying expounding on the virtues of tasty, tasty food for the internet - as the villains using it for evil shows, her posts also direct people to restaurants they might not otherwise have checked in a town so full of them. It’s good publicity, and Ran has a gift for selling people on food. (Using Curesta to set traps also occurred to me, but I’m not certain they’d do so lightly - it’s essentially using the restaurants, and with them people’s livelihoods and reputations, as bait, especially since formula dictates a Recipeppi WILL get stolen and customers WILL be upset their food suddenly tastes like sadness, particularly when Ran’s posts are drawing in potential new customers, not just regulars who’ll forgive an occasional off day.)
Regalli

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2022 1:39 pm Reply with quote
Seems like this episode DOES directly address how ordering takeout helps deter the baddies from using Ran’s Curesta as a guide - the Recipeppis are drawn to people happily eating, not just tasty food, so if people aren’t eating IN the restaurants, the happiness won’t all be drawn in one place. Nice to see that explained… even if it is the next episode.

In the yellow corner: Impulsive, cheery glee. In the blue corner: Anxiety and a sense of rigidity and How Things Are Supposed To Be. (Honestly, I can relate.) It’s telling to me that both girls worry they’re overstepping and upsetting the other more than they’re ACTUALLY bothering the other in most cases - some of the profile pic bickering later seemed a bit played up, because we also get moments like Ran apologizing for interrupting Kokone’s reading when she’s not upset and Kokone admitting that she actually did like the sweet takoyaki once she stepped back from her ‘sweet things go last because tradition’ stance a bit. The more serious conflicts seemed to be about Kome-Kome and fighting the Ubau-zo - when there were actual stakes, in other words, with Kokone’s seeming more reasonable in the fight and Ran’s position seeming more reasonable with the childcare. (This being a Precure, our baby mascots do not spit up or get dirty diapers, and since she just ate she’s probably not hungry, so let’s try naptime before we go to something being wrong.) Neat to see the intra-team conflict be between the secondary Cures this time and save the real conflict episode for just before the Team Attack when the team’s largely in place instead of episode two or three. By comparison, Yui didn’t seem totally aware back in Episode Two just how insecure Mari was about being unable to help and concerned for her safety as a middle schooler drawn into this conflict until the end of the episode when Mari was in a better headspace. Nice to see how much they clearly DO want to get along, and how trying not to step on each other’s toes at the party makes it more awkward.

I am also still not convinced what Kome-Kome’s special gimmick is for except selling toys and Precure’s not-infrequent tendency to put in a baby fairy the older girls have to take care of (Latte being the most recent example compared to the other guardian fairies, but also Ha-chan in Mahou Tsukai up until midseason, Ai in Doki Doki, and of course Hugtan in Hugtto where motherhood was one of the season’s central themes, even if the writers proceeded to make the season MUCH less heteronormative than that implies. There are others, too, but just off the top of my head and using the examples that are clearly babylike.) We’ll see if they use it well.

Likewise not convinced that spoiler[Narcistoru is Takumi. Different VAs, their hair’s not all THAT similar side by side, and given he and Secretoru talk about Gentlu as a puppet this episode and how she’s breaking down, I think it’s very likely she’s the only unwilling human of the group. With Takumi blatantly set up for a heroic role himself per the OP, if he is Narcistoru that line’s fairly weird if he’s actually brainwashed or the like himself, and if he’s not I can’t imagine that heel turn coming before midseason. Odd given his prominence in the OP as the Tuxedo Mask type.]
Princess_Irene
ANN Reviewer

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2022 1:50 pm Reply with quote
Regalli wrote:

Likewise not convinced that spoiler[Narcistoru is Takumi. Different VAs, their hair’s not all THAT similar side by side, and given he and Secretoru talk about Gentlu as a puppet this episode and how she’s breaking down, I think it’s very likely she’s the only unwilling human of the group. With Takumi blatantly set up for a heroic role himself per the OP, if he is Narcistoru that line’s fairly weird if he’s actually brainwashed or the like himself, and if he’s not I can’t imagine that heel turn coming before midseason. Odd given his prominence in the OP as the Tuxedo Mask type.]

Fair points. I don't think spoiler[Julio/Pikario were identical either, though (albeit maybe closer in appearance to each other), and that line of Takumi's to Mari is just really bugging me. Maybe I'm seeing too many similarities to Kira Kira.]

Your line about the PreCure babies never throwing up tickled me, because every single time Yui transforms, my sister starts yelling, "Stop that, you're going to make her throw up!" when she starts patting Kome Kome firmly. Smile
Saeryen

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2022 4:30 pm Reply with quote
Princess_Irene wrote:
Fair points. I don't think spoiler[Julio/Pikario were identical either, though (albeit maybe closer in appearance to each other), and that line of Takumi's to Mari is just really bugging me. Maybe I'm seeing too many similarities to Kira Kira.]

I don’t believe spoiler[Narcistoru is Takumi] either. spoiler[Pikario’s voice actor stayed the same no matter what side he was on].

It’s interesting that spoiler[the villains are using actual mind control for at least one person rather than the emotional manipulation they usually do to the kids in their ranks]. This is the first PreCure I’ve seen where this has been the case (though to fair, I have a lot to see yet). I guess spoiler[Lock possessing Kuroro] in Go Princess could kind of count too.
StarFan13

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2022 4:58 pm Reply with quote
so we getting a Heart Juicy Mixer next week maybe we going to see strawberry juice again on the ED
Princess_Irene
ANN Reviewer

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2022 6:43 pm Reply with quote
Now I'm really excited to see if I was totally off base! It happens, and I've definitely barked up the wrong tree before. Very Happy The spoiler[voice thing] is definitely making me reconsider and to come up with a few more theories for why Takumi thought he'd seen Mari before.
q_3

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2022 9:48 pm Reply with quote
I vote that Takumi and Narcistoru have been having their own subtexty magical boy rivalry offscreen.
wolf10

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2022 7:16 am Reply with quote
Princess_Irene wrote:
Now I'm really excited to see if I was totally off base! It happens, and I've definitely barked up the wrong tree before. Very Happy The spoiler[voice thing] is definitely making me reconsider and to come up with a few more theories for why Takumi thought he'd seen Mari before.
I think you might be remembering it backwards. It was Mari who asked Takumi if they'd met before. In episode 1, Takumi saw Mari from behind while he put up the Delicious Field, and recognized him from there in episode 2, but because Mari's back was turned the recognition wouldn't go both ways. So Takumi is or looks like someone from the CooKingdom. Or maybe Narcistoru is is his long-lost older brother, or his inexplicably identical cousin on his mom's side.

I think the incredibly safe guess is that Takumi has some kind CooKingdom connection that will lead to his totally-not-a-Precure power up at some point early enough in the season to justify being in the opening.

(Also, I've figured out in the untranslated pun in the thieves' names this time around: they all end in "toru," to take. It only worked for Gentle -> Gentoru.)
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 4 of 9