• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
ANNtv - Mamiko Noto interview

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DmonHiro

PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2008 7:52 am Reply with quote
Mamiko Noto is pure WIN. The interview was awesome. Keep it up ANN TV
bci110

PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2008 9:10 am Reply with quote
I don't see it on iTunes. When wil it become available there?
Serge

PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2008 9:59 am Reply with quote
Doesn't the Blood+ Boxset contain 6 Discs instead of 5? Also, anyone who has bought this yet, can they confirm if it's got Dubtitles?

Ahhhh, don't dub over the original Japanese Dialogue, sub it!
stopher87

PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2008 12:49 pm Reply with quote
LOL some hentai is illegal in Canada! That is so funny.
james039

PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2008 1:19 pm Reply with quote
Serge wrote:

Seconded.

I know a lot of American TV shows do this.. but come on! This is an anime podcast. Some of us understand Japanese and want to hear the speech. Thank you.
rizuchan
Collector Extraordinaire

PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2008 1:51 pm Reply with quote
Quote:

You guys are forgetting that this is an audio podcast too, and that wouldn't work so well.
But then, Mamiko Noto's interview isn't dubbed over. Is it just left in Japanese for the audio podcast or taken out? I don't listen to podcasts so I don't know...

But anyway, consider me a fan of Mamiko Noto now. I'd only heard the 4 songs she sings for School Rumble before, I had no idea she did a lot of singing. I absolutely love her 'whispery' voice. But I have to admit, as great as her voice is, I never really thought of her as a good singer. She tends to sound rather off key at times.

You'd think Sony could pick a better movie to include Blood+ with, because 30 Days of Night was a horrible movie.
...Actually now that I look it up, it seems to have gotten decent reviews. Horror movies must get a different rating or something, because that movie was... Well, I suppose this is an anime forum, not a movie forum, but my initial thought when hearing about that was "Who would even get to see that episode, no one's gonna buy that horrible movie" but I guess I'm wrong. :/
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Murasakisuishou

PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2008 2:09 pm Reply with quote
The Blood+ interviews are dubbed over because they were done by Sony, not ANN. ANNtv is just showing the content, and they had no hand in its production.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Tempest
I Run this place.
ANN Publisher

PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2008 3:24 pm Reply with quote
james039 wrote:
I know a lot of American TV shows do this.. but come on! This is an anime podcast. Some of us understand Japanese and want to hear the speech. Thank you.

ANN never dubs over interviews. This is the way it was provided to us by Sony. It seems that they used the same actors to dub the interviews as they used for the actual anime, so the voices match.

I have no idea if the DVDs will include an option to listen to the interviews in Japanese with English subs. Like you, I would prefer that, and since this is a series that I will be buying on DVD, I certainly hope that option is available.

-t
Kyouki-Kamikawa

PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2008 3:24 pm Reply with quote
Mamiko Noto is the best >.<
crilix

PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2008 5:26 pm Reply with quote
Surely you can make several encodes of the podcast, one being for ANN subtitled, and the rest dubbed for iTunes? The dub experience is... overwhelming.

Also, it's been, what, a dozen episodes, and Ellie Lee still has trouble speaking clearly and making any sense. Senseless prompter reading for the win!
jsevakis
Former ANN Editor in Chief

PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2008 5:34 pm Reply with quote
crilix wrote:
Surely you can make several encodes of the podcast, one being for ANN subtitled, and the rest dubbed for iTunes? The dub experience is... overwhelming.

Like was said several times earlier in this thread, we did not dub it! That's how it was given to us by Sony.

I thought Ellie did a great job.
Katsu Koneko

PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2008 7:50 pm Reply with quote
X3 WHOOO~ 26 episodes for the new Slayers season!
W-General

PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2008 10:46 pm Reply with quote
Noto Mamiko is the best ever!....well behind Hirano Aya that is :p

Met her at Otakon, she's so sweet!! <3
bci110

PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2008 11:41 pm Reply with quote
W-General wrote:
Noto Mamiko is the best ever!....well behind Hirano Aya that is Razz

Met her at Otakon, she's so sweet!! <3

They're both awesome! Very Happy

Unfortunately I wasn't able to go to Otakon last year to meet her. That would've been sweet! Cool
bci110

PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2008 12:28 am Reply with quote
rizuchan wrote:
But anyway, consider me a fan of Mamiko Noto now. I'd only heard the 4 songs she sings for School Rumble before, I had no idea she did a lot of singing. I absolutely love her 'whispery' voice. But I have to admit, as great as her voice is, I never really thought of her as a good singer. She tends to sound rather off key at times.

I'm not that familiar with the singing aspect of her career, but as far as her acting ability, I became a Mamiko Noto fan the moment I heard her in Negima! Her performance as Nodoka Miyazaki was one of the most captivating and sweetest performances I have ever heard. I also enjoyed her portrayal of Ayano in Girl's High, and am looking forward to hearing her work in sola in the near future.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2