• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Why isn't there a forum for Movies and TV that are not anime?

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> ANN Feedback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LoudyKing101

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2022 2:01 pm Reply with quote
I am curious, because you would think there would be one, but there isn't.
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2022 3:36 pm Reply with quote
I'm guessing the reason for that is that ANN has chosen to have only "on topic" forums for non-subscribers. If you became a subscriber, that would give you access to the Community Forum and there you can start up any kind of thread you want.
LoudyKing101

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2022 5:57 pm Reply with quote
Blood- wrote:
I'm guessing the reason for that is that ANN has chosen to have only "on topic" forums for non-subscribers. If you became a subscriber, that would give you access to the Community Forum and there you can start up any kind of thread you want.

Cheapskates.
Redbeard 101
Oscar the Grouch
Forums Superstar

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2022 9:55 pm Reply with quote
Yea, total cheapskates expecting the main forum at an anime and manga website to be about anime and manga, or related fandom topics. Rolling Eyes
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2022 4:50 am Reply with quote
Personally, I think not offering an Offtopic Forum for non-subscribers is a mistake. The whole point of a website is to draw as many eyeballs as possible. Virtually every speciality board I've ever visited has an Off-topic section open to all users. The only downside for ANN in providing this is that it creates an extra section that mods would need to patrol. I'm not sure preserving it as a Subscriber bonus actually attracts many subscribers whereas not offering such a section to non-subscribers removes a potential area of engagement that helps encourage readers to come back more than they might otherwise.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> ANN Feedback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1