• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Date A Live IV's Final Episode Announces Date A Live V Anime

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
James02

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2022 12:56 pm Reply with quote
No surprise.
09jcg

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2022 1:14 pm Reply with quote
Looks like we might get that complete adaptation
Yune Amagiri

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2022 2:05 pm Reply with quote
At this point beside 2 volumes ( both are Slice of Life ) we can expect a complete adaptation, considering the overall pace, DAL should end after S5 with a potential S6 or film, .

I'm so glad S4 didn't have S3 poor quality of animation, let's continue on a good track.
MFrontier

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2022 2:12 pm Reply with quote
What a perfect way to end a great season with that cliffhanger a promise of season 5! I can't wait!
MischievousMelody

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2022 2:21 pm Reply with quote
Now, I wonder what studio is going to do season 5, assuming that the pattern of a different studio doing each season continues.
TarutoClown93

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2022 2:27 pm Reply with quote
MischievousMelody wrote:
Now, I wonder what studio is going to do season 5, assuming that the pattern of a different studio doing each season continues.

I'm guessing Geek Toys will continue animating it if they don't wait for too long.
Rob19ny

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2022 3:46 pm Reply with quote
Let's go! We're going to the finish line. My Little Shido deserves this. Now sweet ARMS need to go back to performing the OP song.
JustMonika

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2022 4:59 pm Reply with quote
I expected Geek Toys would fully adapt the remaining volumes with a couple more seasons.
GhostD

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2022 6:24 pm Reply with quote
We're in the endgame now. There is 6 vols worth of content remaining so unless they make season 5 a split cour then we're getting season 6 too. The last thing I wanna see is the Mio saga getting butchered to hell.
Villain-chan

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2022 7:06 pm Reply with quote
When the anime's poster for S4 revealed the key visual, I was honestly worried as the characters didn't look like the OG and were hard to tell who they were. On top of that the art looked bad. HOWEVER! When seeing the new art style in motion it looks MUCH better and that key visual they improved on so they made the characters (Tohka and Shido) look much close to the OG. (And I assume others too) and so, I cannot believe am saying tis becus I LOVE the OG art style but, I also love this art style too and wouldn't mind seeing it return long as the same ones who worked on S4 work on S5 and the rest if we get anything more after S5 and during S5.

S4 was great, did not see that twist coming. I haven't read the manga/LN and don't plan too so looking forward to S5 and hopefully the rest of the source material. That said, I will air my sole gripe about S4, as great as it was, it needed 24 eps (or however many S5 will ahve) as it ends on a cliff hanger which makes rating the season unsatisfactory as we don't even get to conclude the Kurumi arc we're on, it gets interrupted due to S4 being the usual 1 cour instead of 2. And that sucks for me, as a BIG Kurumi fan. So yeah, it affected my rating of S4, sadly. S3 I rated a 8.5/10.0 but looking back at S4 its only an 8.0/10.0 and I blame that interruption we got for this lower rating for S4, which fyi, we'd never had this happen b4...
MagicPolly

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2022 11:51 pm Reply with quote
It'd be funny if the series changed studios once again, but it's better for production if it stays the same since S5 will probably not be that far off
OrangeRafi

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2022 12:22 am Reply with quote
Gotta thank all the Kurumi merchandises for funding another season of Date A Live. Laughing
JustMonika

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2022 7:54 am Reply with quote
OrangeRafi wrote:
Gotta thank all the Kurumi merchandises for funding another season of Date A Live. Laughing

Well that and Spirit Pledge, lol
Covnam

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2022 1:58 pm Reply with quote
It's great that it looks like so much, if not all of the series will be adapted. Though having said that, I haven't found the 4th season to be much of a draw to watch each week (I'm a few episodes behind), so hopefully binging this last Kurumi arc will pick things up for me.
Still, great to see more regardless =)
Key

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2022 10:58 pm Reply with quote
Covnam wrote:
It's great that it looks like so much, if not all of the series will be adapted. Though having said that, I haven't found the 4th season to be much of a draw to watch each week (I'm a few episodes behind), so hopefully binging this last Kurumi arc will pick things up for me.
Still, great to see more regardless =)

If you're behind, then stick with it. The Kurumi arc is easily the high point of the season, and I'd even argue that it's some of the best animated content to date for the franchise. Episode 12 is also one of the franchise's best-looking episodes, and yeah, those are a couple of nasty twists near the end. This may be the first time that I'm actually looking forward to the next season.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2