• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Harem in the Labyrinth of Another World TV Anime's BD/DVD Boxes to Include Original Video Anim

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rob19ny

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2022 6:05 pm Reply with quote
With all due respect... Roxanne supremacy is in full effect now. Gotta love it. Excited for OVA's which will no doubt show more of Roxanne.
Farafra

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2022 7:26 pm Reply with quote
Rob19ny wrote:
With all due respect... Roxanne supremacy is in full effect now. Gotta love it. Excited for OVA's which will no doubt show more of Roxanne.

I for one welcome our new dog girl overlord.
Gamen

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2022 7:28 pm Reply with quote
I admit to being surprised at how frequent the coverage is for this adaptation... but maybe that's because despite being a fan of the books and comic I think there are more deserving stories to be animated. Or maybe this is the story this anime industry deserves. Or the joke of it sticking with that title despite being unlikely to adapt far enough to make it accurate.
Edit The other half of my brain expects this story is going to be tarnished with a crappy anime adaptation. I'm not sure I'm bothered too much about that w/ this story, though.
Rob19ny

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2022 8:04 pm Reply with quote
Farafra wrote:
I for one welcome our new dog girl overlord.

Like the great Aquaman once said: My man!
Hiroki not Takuya

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2022 9:55 pm Reply with quote
Oh, Jeez! I was curious about seeing this but the marketing blitz has started in earnest weeks before the premiere. I don't think I'm as enthused now...
enurtsol

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2022 3:09 am Reply with quote
Cryten

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2022 5:38 am Reply with quote
Gamen wrote:
I admit to being surprised at how frequent the coverage is for this adaptation... but maybe that's because despite being a fan of the books and comic I think there are more deserving stories to be animated. Or maybe this is the story this anime industry deserves. Or the joke of it sticking with that title despite being unlikely to adapt far enough to make it accurate.
Edit The other half of my brain expects this story is going to be tarnished with a crappy anime adaptation. I'm not sure I'm bothered too much about that w/ this story, though.

This has prompted an interesting thought. Does the more H side of ecchi shows tend to put out more promo material? Or do we just notice it more because its a bit taboo? It certainly felt like Interspecies Reviewers got a lot of promo on ANN as well, as did Domestic Girlfriend.
Guile

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2022 8:05 pm Reply with quote
Cryten wrote:
This has prompted an interesting thought. Does the more H side of ecchi shows tend to put out more promo material? Or do we just notice it more because its a bit taboo? It certainly felt like Interspecies Reviewers got a lot of promo on ANN as well, as did Domestic Girlfriend.

I assume ANN like any other online platform and content creator go where the money and clicks are: and sex sells. Reviewers may end up disliking these kinds of shows more often than not but I would guess the news and articles still get a decent amount of traffic all things considered.
Hiroki not Takuya

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2022 1:02 pm Reply with quote
Guile wrote:
I assume ANN like any other online platform and content creator go where the money and clicks are...
Oh how wrong you are friend. Lynzee herself gave me quite the verbal lashing for that very assumption as "that's not how any of this works". She and other ANN staffers being visible on CR and activities that wind up promoting certain shows has no benefit to themselves or ANN...
ANN_Lynzee
ANN Executive Editor

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2022 2:20 am Reply with quote
Hiroki not Takuya wrote:
Guile wrote:
I assume ANN like any other online platform and content creator go where the money and clicks are...
Oh how wrong you are friend. Lynzee herself gave me quite the verbal lashing for that very assumption as "that's not how any of this works". She and other ANN staffers being visible on CR and activities that wind up promoting certain shows has no benefit to themselves or ANN...

... what? First this is news, not editorial. I didn't know I'm on Crunchyroll??

News writes up what they think is important and you all want to read. I don't think there's more to it than that.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1