• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Macross Plus, Macross II Anime Offered Overseas on Blu-ray Disc

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Cardcaptor Takato

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2022 10:13 pm Reply with quote
It’s really exciting to finally have Macross free from licensing hell after all these years. I know Macross II isn’t everyone’s favorite but it was my first intro to uncut Macross after having only seen Robotech on Cartoon Network. I remember happening to catch it on a cable network called Movieplex in my younger years and being really becoming even more fascinated with Macross through it. I still think it has some of the best music and animation of Macross. Plus is also one of my all time favorites but I only have the ancient Manga DVD of the movie and never got to own the OVAs. I’m wondering will they also release Macross II with all the correct opening and ending credit animation. I remember Manga put out a “movie” version of Macross II that basically just combined all the OVA episodes on one disc and removed the credits in between episodes. It should also be noted this isn’t Animeigo’s first time releasing Macross as they released the uncut subbed version of the original series on DVD many years ago long before ADV’s release.
Mamo-chan

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2022 10:14 pm Reply with quote
I wish Macross DYRL was on that list.
I'd buy it in a heartbeat.
MarshalBanana

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2022 3:04 am Reply with quote
Covnam wrote:
I'll definitely be picking up Macross Plus and probably Macross II for completeness sake. Not sure how Anime Limited is
They've done good releases, some of their early titles had some mishaps, most notably Gurren Lagann. In general there reelases are worth it, probably their best was Escaflowne.

Last edited by MarshalBanana on Sun Jul 03, 2022 3:42 am; edited 1 time in total
Marzan

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2022 6:46 am Reply with quote
Mamo-chan wrote:
I wish Macross DYRL was on that list.
I'd buy it in a heartbeat.

I think it’s almost at the top of everyone’s list, but I wonder how the deal between Big West and HG is around that one.
I’d love to have Zero release too.
And obviously 7, but I don’t think they can afford the music.
Nilrem

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2022 9:05 pm Reply with quote
Covnam wrote:
I'll definitely be picking up Macross Plus and probably Macross II for completeness sake. Not sure how Anime Limited is, not being in the UK, but I know AnimEigo will be money well spent.

Generally Animelimited/alltheanime are very good for most of their releases, they've had a few problems but normally corrected them at no cost to the consumer, at this point probably over half my new buys in the last few years have been theirs including most of their "Ultimate Editions" (Escaflowne, Eva, Bbop with record case, Gurren etc).

They seem to be doing a mix of classics and newer stuff and aiming for a very high standard (which they generally hit).
I'd put them as something like Animeigo and Nozomi in terms of quality (I used to almost automatically buy anything TRSI put out under the Nozomi brand).

I'm really really happy to see the news, and I'll be buying Macross Plus as soon as it goes for pre-order as it's still one of my favourites.
zrdb

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2022 1:57 am Reply with quote
The only Macross I'm gonna be getting is Frontier and please-no goddamn "collectors sets" and other expensive shit. Like Jack Webb said-"Just the facts ma'am".
Covnam

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2022 11:11 pm Reply with quote
@MarshalBanana & @Nilrem, thanks for the info =)
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2