• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Funimation Channel Adds MoonPhase, Peach Girl, Suzuka

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Joe Mello

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2008 3:44 pm Reply with quote
Hm, interesting. They seem to be blocking their strips on the weekend.[/jargon]

I remember at Katsucon when I asked how often the schedule was updated, the answer was more or less "not enough". Here's hoping that the additions become more regular.
britannicamoore

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2008 3:45 pm Reply with quote
I'm out the loop. I wish I had that station. I've seen a bit of Black Cat so I want to get the boxset. Same with Moonphase. But it would have been nice to preview some of those other shows.

Correct me if i'm wrong but I don't remember Funi having Record of the Lodoss War. Did they aquire it recently? It is the Funi channel after all.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
jlaking

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2008 3:57 pm Reply with quote
britannicamoore wrote:
Correct me if i'm wrong but I don't remember Funi having Record of the Lodoss War. Did they aquire it recently? It is the Funi channel after all.

They acquired it last April along with the CPM movies.
Primus

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2008 4:04 pm Reply with quote
Ya, I'm sure that Boogie Pop Phantom, and Ninja Nonsense were licensed by TRSI. Maybe Navare has more than remenants of Geneon on its' purchasing list. Or it could be that FUNimation got the broadcast rights to the shows from TRSI, much like what ADV did for other companies titles, for the now-defunct Anime Network. Although it is really conveninant, that this all happens after FUNimation's own retail site, Z-Store, has combined with TRS...seems like they're almost hinting at something Laughing Or FUNimation could've got the distribution rights for those series, like what FUNimation did for all of Tokyo Pop's titles, and Slayers, aswell as Love Hina from Bandai.
NimbusRain

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2008 4:14 pm Reply with quote
Hmm, I wonder if these means any changes to their block on Colours. They need to add some variety to that.
sailorsean

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2008 4:23 pm Reply with quote
NimbusRain wrote:
Hmm, I wonder if these means any changes to their block on Colours. They need to add some variety to that.

ya i no what you mean...before it it was a solid 4 hours n now its 2 hours it sucks! they really need to atleast put moon phase or peach girl i really loved peach girl
kokuryu

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2008 4:28 pm Reply with quote
Wish they had an online version of their service... that would be nice...
Richard J.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2008 4:57 pm Reply with quote
Hey wait a second, this article says the Funimation channel is available to Dish Network subscribers. I'm a Dish Network subscriber! (Makes plans to find out if it can be added to current package.)
NGE1113

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2008 6:46 pm Reply with quote
News article wrote:
Four previously announced offerings — Shingu (March 3), Ninja Nonsense (March 8), Record of Lodoss War (March 8), Boogiepop Phantom (March 8) are also starting this week.

I've been wondering for quite some time now about what happened to these shows ever since FUNi announced that they had the TV broadcast rights; better late then never. Also, nice to see some new content on their network. As others have said, it's been too long in coming.
hurricanefransee

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2008 6:59 pm Reply with quote
this is really cool. the only thing that would make it better would be if....I COULD GET THIS OR ANY OTHER ANIME CHANNEL IN MICHIGAN! man i wish they could throw us a bone here and make it available online or make it an extra channel on dishnetwork or something
Fiction Alchemist

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2008 8:27 pm Reply with quote
Delete.

Last edited by Fiction Alchemist on Thu Sep 08, 2022 1:06 pm; edited 2 times in total
RezSav

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2008 10:48 pm Reply with quote
sailorsean wrote:
NimbusRain wrote:

ya i no what you mean...before it it was a solid 4 hours n now its 2 hours it sucks! they really need to atleast put moon phase or peach girl i really loved peach girl

I think they gave up on that block of programing a long time ago. The last show they added to it was DBZ, and that was back in November of '06.
tidusora

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2008 12:54 am Reply with quote
Wow! I don't have the Funimation Channel, but for those who do have it, their in for a treat.

And for those questioning the fact that Funi is broadcasting some titles that aren't even theirs, I'm guessing their in conjunction with other companies, or TRSI is airing their series on the channel as a ploy to get more sales.

That's what was done in Anime Selects, before it was gone from my cable, which is now Time Warner. (Companies would air their series as 2-4 episode samples, as a preview to those that might be interested in buying the series.)

It's a smart move for Funi, and a smart move for any company. When Funi comes to my area, if it does, I'll be hoping for other companies to broadcast their series, too. *cough*Funi's#1Ally*cough* ADV Films.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1