• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: The Magical Revolution of the Reincarnated Princess Yuri Fantasy Novels Get TV Anime in 2023

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Yune Amagiri

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2022 11:06 pm Reply with quote
I'm surprise it got an animation before I'm in Love with the Villainess, anyway i enjoyed the first volume and will jump on the 2nd when it comes out next week.
Nachtwandler

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2022 11:14 pm Reply with quote
I'm still waiting for I'm in Love with Villainess anime (it was pretty high on Anime Japan voting after all) but I heard good things about this one also. And decent GL adaptations is rarity either way.
Shay Guy

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2022 11:22 pm Reply with quote
Spreadsheet updated. I also added A Herbivorous Dragon of 5,000 Years Gets Unfairly Villainized, which has an encyclopedia page here but I guess went completely under the news announcements' radar on account of it being a Chinese (?) production -- I hadn't heard it was a thing until like a week after it started.
Akcoll99

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2022 12:16 am Reply with quote
Wonderful news! I've been enjoying this one quite a bit since taking a chance on the first novel a few months back. Just poured through the second volume in one sitting a couple days ago...
TanyaTheEvil

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2022 9:55 am Reply with quote
I am so excited for this, I have been reading the manga and I know this is going to be one of my favorite anime
MFrontier

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2022 10:10 am Reply with quote
Looks pretty Yuri! Cool!

I'm surprised to see Watari working on a Light Novel adaption of something he didn't even write.
xxmsxx

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2022 6:22 pm Reply with quote
Yune Amagiri wrote:
I'm surprise it got an animation before I'm in Love with the Villainess

Nachtwandler wrote:
I'm still waiting for I'm in Love with Villainess anime (it was pretty high on Anime Japan voting after all)

Good to know I am not the only one who wants to see I'm in Love with the Villainess adapted.

But yes, very pleasant surprise indeed.
Aerodynamic41

PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2022 1:50 am Reply with quote
MFrontier wrote:
I'm surprised to see Watari working on a Light Novel adaption of something he didn't even write.

It's not his first time. The Saint's Magic Power is Omnipotent and Parallel World Pharmacy say hi.
MiniMarps

PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2022 2:58 am Reply with quote
It's been a long few years since the last time I watched anything from Diomedea I enjoyed. I am optimistic about this, though. This seems like the sort of anime Diomedea should be making.
Florete

PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2022 7:53 am Reply with quote
Just noticed, and I find it kind of funny that the synopsis doesn't even reference the fact that it's technically an isekai. It's not surprising, though, consider that, as far as I've read at least, it being an isekai is so inconsequential that it might as well not be.
ballinamon

PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2022 12:21 pm Reply with quote
So, this. I wasn't waiting for this one but SUPER welcome. More Yuri LN adaptation are always welcome.
Nachtwandler

PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2022 7:44 pm Reply with quote
MFrontier wrote:
Looks pretty Yuri! Cool!

It seems like he is currently working as a scriptwriter for Diomedea as their last two adaptations were also penned by him.

xxmsxx wrote:
Good to know I am not the only one who wants to see I'm in Love with the Villainess adapted.

If they ever do it, they can easily fit volumes 1-2 in a season and have a definite ending (and adapt the remaining 3 volumes later if it is popular enough).
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1